Massage Seats!

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are amazing. I just took delivery of my Taycan and had the massage function start via voice command. My back always hurts with long drives and these seats really made it so much more pleasurable.

I think this option is vastly underrated. Anyone else have massage seats and have thoughts regarding them? For me, this option was totally worth the money. No question.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have them. My wife likes them and I imagine they will continue to be a consideration for future cars to replace the Taycan.

I don’t particularly care for them personally. They aren’t really hurting me to be there, mind you. But I don’t ever turn them on, and were they on, I’d turn them off (on my seat….not my wife’s seat…that would be dangerous).

But, my wife also enjoys massages generally while I do not.

So, it probably just varies by individual.

But glad to hear you are enjoying them.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
I bought a used Audi A7 quite a few years ago, that was properly well specced, and amongst the huge list of extra options, it had the massage seats. (In my mind there is no doubt that they must be what the Porsche seats are based off of) Got used/addicted to using them VERY quickly, and for me it was a real eye opener. And fast forward till last year and to me speccing my Taycan Cross Turismo, choosing the 14-ways seats for this very reason and adding massage functionality was really the first thing i settled on....perhaps just after the interior and exterior colors.

If you either have a back that is aching most of the time or just once in a while, or you just have a normal back and only get a bit tired in the back after driving a some hours. You should REALLY try the 14-way seats with massage function!

I'd also add that...when I researched and specced my car i reached out to my local Porsche Center, as i wanted to test-sit the 14-ways, but according to them they had at that time not sold any cars with the 14-ways yet! So in my case, because i felt i needed the massage functionality, i took a leap of faith and chose the 14-ways, without ever having tested them.

I have now had a few months experience with the 14-ways in my Taycan, and have also spent some weeks in a few loaners, that have all had the 18-ways seats. And while the seatbacks of the 18-ways are a bit more aesthetically pleasing, they are a bit on the narrow side for me. Same goes for the seatcushion as well...it's too narrow for my taste. The 18-ways also seems to sit a few centimeter closer to the ground, compared to the 14-ways. But quite often when in one of the loaners i found my self reaching out for the small quick-start button for the massage seat (on the side if the seat), only to mutter a series of wellplaced cursewords when i realized that my local Porsche Center had decided to not have their loaners, IMO, properly equipped! :D

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I bought a used Audi A7 quite a few years ago, that was properly well specced, and amongst the huge list of extra options, it had the massage seats. (In my mind there is no doubt that they must be what the Porsche seats are based off of) Got used/addicted to using them VERY quickly, and for me it was a real eye opener. And fast forward till last year and to me speccing my Taycan Cross Turismo, choosing the 14-ways seats for this very reason and adding massage functionality was really the first thing i settled on....perhaps just after the interior and exterior colors.

If you either have a back that is aching most of the time or just once in a while, or you just have a normal back and only get a bit tired in the back after driving a some hours. You should REALLY try the 14-way seats with massage function!

I'd also add that...when I researched and specced my car i reached out to my local Porsche Center, as i wanted to test-sit the 14-ways, but according to them they had at that time not sold any cars with the 14-ways yet! So in my case, because i felt i needed the massage functionality, i took a leap of faith and chose the 14-ways, without ever having tested them.

I have now had a few months experience with the 14-ways in my Taycan, and have also spent some weeks in a few loaners, that have all had the 18-ways seats. And while the seatbacks of the 18-ways are a bit more aesthetically pleasing, they are a bit on the narrow side for me. Same goes for the seatcushion as well...it's too narrow for my taste. The 18-ways also seems to sit a few centimeter closer to the ground, compared to the 14-ways. But quite often when in one of the loaners i found my self reaching out for the small quick-start button for the massage seat (on the side if the seat), only to mutter a series of wellplaced cursewords when i realized that my local Porsche Center had decided to not have their loaners, IMO, properly equipped! :D
I have them too- after trying a friend's Volvo with them they were an eye opener. Specced them without thinking twice. I feel like if you're going to be in the car for 2-5 hours, they are the difference between arriving more comfortable and refreshed, and even in comfortable seats, somewhat aching. Just the extra little bit of blood flow they promote in the back is very helpful on long drives.
I did not know about a quick start button on the seat side??! I will have to investigate! Thanks!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Massage seats are great. We have them in my wife's e-tron SUV and my Ford F250. They really help on long trips. Unfortunately, they weren't available with the 18 way seats so I don't have them in the Taycan.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Are amazing. I just took delivery of my Taycan and had the massage function start via voice command. My back always hurts with long drives and these seats really made it so much more pleasurable.

I think this option is vastly underrated. Anyone else have massage seats and have thoughts regarding them? For me, this option was totally worth the money. No question.
I have massage seats and use them daily. Love them! 14-way + massage is My optimal setup.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do they massage seats work? Is it just air pockets or are there actually mechanical pieces that move?

OP
OP
Indeo

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do they massage seats work? Is it just air pockets or are there actually mechanical pieces that move?
There are mechanical arms that definitely move. There are also a number optional massage settings like wave, shiatsu, lumbar, etc.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I had them in my 2020 Taycan, and miss them in my 2022! I don't know for a fact, but I doubt they are mechanical, but air cushion powered...

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't have them.....but having read this thread, wish maybe I did have them.

If it came down to ordering again at the same budget I would seriously consider getting the massage seats and foregoing the Pano roof (as I don't really gain much from that as driver and having no kids).

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Massage seats are great. We have them in my wife's e-tron SUV and my Ford F250. They really help on long trips. Unfortunately, they weren't available with the 18 way seats so I don't have them in the Taycan.
In terms of the massage funcionality...the seats in the e-tron are the same.

Porsche not offering massage functionality on the 18-way seats was, to me atlest, a bit strange...as Audi does offer this combo...(18-ways adjustable + massage) on atleast the A6, A7 , A8 and e-tron. The e-tron gt have the same 14 or 18-way configs as the Taycan...if I'm not mistaken.

Although...using the Audi terminology for the seats...it makes at least some sense....as they only differentiate between comfort and sport seats, and in that regard the 14-way would be comfort seats...and the 18-ways would be the sport seats.

Last edited:

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
There are mechanical arms that definitely move. There are also a number optional massage settings like wave, shiatsu, lumbar, etc.
Yeah...and compared to my old Audi...where you couldnt actually hear the parts moving....in a quiet cars such as the Taycan...you can. Also...having the massage turned to the max setting, its even a bit harder, or deeper if you will, than the old Audi system.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Just picked up my CT4 last week and I love the massage seats. No issues with turning them on and off with voice control. Really helped me relax while stuck in road construction traffic on the way home from the dealer. I'm glad I decided to add them to the build !
Sponsored