May 2023 Deliveries

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all

Since last December I wanted to post in the delivery thread. Unfortunately due to some heater delays (Who needs a heater in the Algarve anyway?), I never could... until now! So, since we're at the end of April, I'm just in time for a new thread!

My SA informed me this morning that my car exited production and was handed over the transport logistic company. It's happening! Already got the VIN but still can't add the car to MyPorsche app as it requires proof of ownership and some sort of V5/C document (which I don't have yet).

ETA is May 5th at the Dealership and they will take 4 days for PDI, registration and all the documents but it looks like I'm going to have my Taycan before my birthday!!!

Fingers crossed
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Thank you for starting this up as I am in a similar state of car exited production and now waiting on the ship. My progress is up to date in my signature, and it has been tracking faster and faster since production was pushed by a month from March to April, and local dealer got 2 Taycans in April with no shipping delays or PDI issues. So let's hope, May deliveries will be smooth. [Edit] Spoke too soon, as my TYD just updated that I will not be making the next 2 ships with my departure scheduled for May 8, so who knows what ship and if it makes it.

This will be a year for me since placing the order, so I consider that a good thing as 12v battery, amplifiers, and now heaters have been resolved at production level as in, I would rather wait for it to be right and ready instead of missing parts and waiting at a port outside. [Edit] After all, I will be waiting at the port outside for almost 3 weeks, waiting on the ship, and not parts.

Last edited:

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thank you for starting this up as I am in a similar state of car exited production and now waiting on the ship. My progress is up to date in my signature, and it has been tracking faster and faster since production was pushed by a month from March to April, and local dealer got 2 Taycans in April with no shipping delays or PDI issues. So let's hope, May deliveries will be smooth. [Edit] Spoke too soon, as my TYD just updated that I will not be making the next 2 ships with my departure scheduled for May 8, so who knows what ship and if it makes it.

This will be a year for me since placing the order, so I consider that a good thing as 12v battery, amplifiers, and now heaters have been resolved at production level as in, I would rather wait for it to be right and ready instead of missing parts and waiting at a port outside. [Edit] After all, I will be waiting at the port outside for almost 3 weeks, waiting on the ship, and not parts.
My car will be on the same boat lol, its been at the port since 4/13. Since im in california, my delivery will be in june instead of may

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Mines been in Emden since 4/10. TYD says May 12th it'll leave. Then for some reason TYD has me sitting at the port for almost a month! Lol so should I start a June deliveries thread too?!? 😭

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mines been in Emden since 4/10. TYD says May 12th it'll leave. Then for some reason TYD has me sitting at the port for almost a month! Lol so should I start a June deliveries thread too?!? 😭
That sucks :(

Miracles do happen though... I'd wait until last week of May to open a June thread (hopefully you won't need to).

Speaking of, I don't understand why they're keeping the cars stacking up there. In your case, it shouldn't be a heater issue so is it really just logistics (or lack of)?

Seems people in Australia get their cars faster than you guys :\

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My car should be completed today, if everything is in line with the schedule on the dealer’s system.
no idea when it will actually be here for me to drive though.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car should be completed today, if everything is in line with the schedule on the dealer’s system.
no idea when it will actually be here for me to drive though.
Cool.

I'm checking the car's heartbeat every morning now. I'll probably deplete the battery before it arrives to the dealership lol 😂

jahall333

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Volcano Grey.
Country flag
hope the car is indeed in time for your birthday!
I ordered a RWD (with a lovely set of options) in June 2022.. A couple of months ago I was given a production date of April 23, with delivery in May 23... Then I got the call - heater issue.. delays.. heart sank.. the SA advised that they would not increase the price if it was delayed into 2024!!!! Like, what!!
Anyway, today I got a notification in the app -stage 3, "scheduled for production"...
Can anyone advise how long it actually takes approximately to get from today until actually entering production..?
thanks all!

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hope the car is indeed in time for your birthday!
I ordered a RWD (with a lovely set of options) in June 2022.. A couple of months ago I was given a production date of April 23, with delivery in May 23... Then I got the call - heater issue.. delays.. heart sank.. the SA advised that they would not increase the price if it was delayed into 2024!!!! Like, what!!
Anyway, today I got a notification in the app -stage 3, "scheduled for production"...
Can anyone advise how long it actually takes approximately to get from today until actually entering production..?
thanks all!
I'd say 2-4 weeks.

Seems the factory is picking up speed and rolling out as fast as they can. My production was delayed a whole month but then every step started one week before schedule. Seen the same on other threads so there's good chance yours going into prod mid may if I can guess.

I think your dealer meant MY24 not 2024. MY24 should start somewhere in June

jahall333

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Volcano Grey.
Country flag
I'd say 2-4 weeks.

Seems the factory is picking up speed and rolling out as fast as they can. My production was delayed a whole month but then every step started one week before schedule. Seen the same on other threads so there's good chance yours going into prod mid may if I can guess.

I think your dealer meant MY24 not 2024. MY24 should start somewhere in June
many thanks for that.. Yes, he said MY24, which I thought meant it would actually be in 2024! :)
let's hope mid-May then!
Thanks!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My car will be on the same boat lol, its been at the port since 4/13. Since im in california, my delivery will be in june instead of may
I do not think the cars want to leave the port. They seem to be chilling there, enjoying the view, and having a good time, if you strictly go by the TYD. I want to be there with them waiting for the ship, too. Look, even the wind turbines on the horizon keep them calm.

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 1682531372571

Last edited:

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
Late May Delivery here…
TYD says:

#5: manufacturing process complete 4/27/23

#6: your vehicle now released for transport 4/26/23

#11: your Porsche has arrived at your Porsche dealership 5/22/23