OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not clear but at PDI the fault was detected. I find it odd that such a fault could just occur between leaving the factory and reaching the dealership and before customer handover. My view is that the car was shipped with a known fault and that it won't be an isolated case.
Ouch, that sucks. Any details of the fault from the dealer, and/or next steps (what parts need replacing, etc)?
Sponsored

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Ouch, that sucks. Any details of the fault from the dealer, and/or next steps (what parts need replacing, etc)?
This is the high voltage heater.

Mine is affected as well. The production continues but cars will be stored at the importer the time to receive the part to do the retrofit.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/heating-failure.13668/page-5#post-210491

It seems that Porsche give priority to the taycans currently broken then the ones just out of the factory. A big recall will probably be made afterwards.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was across at the dealers today as I had to reverse the number plate change and keep my personal plate on retention.

Apparently, my issue is not the full heater but only the passenger side (!) but enough to put a stop sale in place. Part is on order with no ETA so it's a wait and see game.

I didn't go and look at my car as that would just make things worse!

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
This is the high voltage heater.

Mine is affected as well. The production continues but cars will be stored at the importer the time to receive the part to do the retrofit.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/heating-failure.13668/page-5#post-210491

It seems that Porsche give priority to the taycans currently broken then the ones just out of the factory. A big recall will probably be made afterwards.
Yup a lot of us with Taycans on order just experienced a 1+ month delay. Nothing compared to what people in 2022 have had to endure, but still.

Beacon

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
What wheels are those on the last picture? Also, was the Panamera the trade-in or did they throw it in to compensate for how long you had to wait for the Taycan? ;)
Those are 20” Panamera turbo winter wheel package I purchased for current generation Panamera I traded in.

Fitment same for Taycan, different offset necessitated spacers to clear suspension knuckles

Beacon

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Really like my Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

it’s spec’ed pretty generously, but having manual steering wheel adjustment bothers me…noticed GTS and higher get electric adjustment

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really like my Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

it’s spec’ed pretty generously, but having manual steering wheel adjustment bothers me…noticed GTS and higher get electric adjustment
I get that some people don’t care. I just picked mine up a week ago (with electric steering column) and I like to have my steering wheel way down, but that makes getting in and out harder. Without it moving out of the way it would be a pain, as I found out any time I got out of the car to unplug a charger without shutting off the car. (Porsche software isn’t well designed for a lot of usecases, the exit seat/steering wheel position only activated when the car is switched off with the button, rather than a better solution like Tesla, whenever you unbuckle or open the door if was driving unbuckled).

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not clear but at PDI the fault was detected. I find it odd that such a fault could just occur between leaving the factory and reaching the dealership and before customer handover. My view is that the car was shipped with a known fault and that it won't be an isolated case.
Hi. I had the same. My new Taycan GTS arrived at the dealership with a faulty heater on 25.11.22. I was due to collect on 2.12.22 and received call on 30.11.22 to let me know of issue.

I finally collected the car on 21.1.23. The dealer and Porsche UK very helpful and recognised the issues and provided good support.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My 4S CT is at my dealer, waiting to hear if there will be any delay in pick up due to the HV heater. I am in the Southern US (Texas) so it may be they are allowing warm area vehicles through and will recall later. Will update once I hear anything after PDI is done.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One more successful February delivery (last weekend). ~20 months deposit to delivery.
1676607749220.png

I'm still in the process of running it in, as per Porsche Owner's Manual suggestion (see below). My father always used to say, "anything worth doing it worth doing it right", so I decided to drive it 5,000km to be sure it's property "ran-in" ;) This means I got a few more days of driving left, during which won't be posting much in that time. Will write a up a run-in report probably next weekend.

1676607934265.png
February delivery complete - in the garage after 3,500 mile drive home.
Porsche Taycan February 2023 deliveries 1677109761183

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
February delivery complete - in the garage after 3,500 mile drive home.
1677109761183.png
Congrats, and can't wait to hear about your trip if you ever get a chance to write up your experience. I am intending to take a 700 mile road trip in May after hopeful delivery of my car at the end or March. Although I have had an electric car in the household since 2019, we have never used it on a road trip and never used a public charger. This will be my first foray and am trying my best to go through with the trip as supposed to buying some flight tickets if I chicken out. The issue is that we are going into the mountains of Georgia and not sure about the charging availability yet. Will start my research soon on ABRP.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats, and can't wait to hear about your trip if you ever get a chance to write up your experience. I am intending to take a 700 mile road trip in May after hopeful delivery of my car at the end or March. Although I have had an electric car in the household since 2019, we have never used it on a road trip and never used a public charger. This will be my first foray and am trying my best to go through with the trip as supposed to buying some flight tickets if I chicken out. The issue is that we are going into the mountains of Georgia and not sure about the charging availability yet. Will start my research soon on ABRP.
EV travel is not so bad. I've been driving Tesla Model S'es for the last decade, including drive cross country, so I'm somewhat used to the EV mode of transport. Not for everyone. If you are one to fuel up your diesel, then drive for 8hrs+ straight till the next fuel-up, EV is not for you. I personally prefer to stop every 100-160 miles. Stretch out a little, use the facilities, get a snack of drink refresh, maybe pickup some supplies such as windshield wiper fluid. I never used a non-Tesla network before, so was a little apprehensive, but after punching in the trip into ABRP I realized there are plenty of chargers along the way. I ended up driving along the ABRP route, but punching in individual chargers into the Porsche navigation so I get the benefit of battery preheat. Punching in the entire trip to Porsche nav was too much for it to handle, plus it had some very annoying features, such as one time when my estimated destination SOC dropped under 10% (even though it though we'd get there with 35% initially), it decided to add a charging spot, 6 feet earlier (the 150KW EA station instead of the 350KW EA I selected, same location) which caused it to keep on showing 10% destination SOC, only the time to charge at the next stall over was growing. ABRP also included weather and traffic in the estimated energy consumption, which came handy during changing winter weather (hint, you have to restart ABRP app and relaod the trip for it to get the most recent weather and traffic). More details in my upcoming trip report posting, hopefully this weekend.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
EV travel is not so bad. I've been driving Tesla Model S'es for the last decade, including drive cross country, so I'm somewhat used to the EV mode of transport. Not for everyone. If you are one to fuel up your diesel, then drive for 8hrs+ straight till the next fuel-up, EV is not for you. I personally prefer to stop every 100-160 miles. Stretch out a little, use the facilities, get a snack of drink refresh, maybe pickup some supplies such as windshield wiper fluid. I never used a non-Tesla network before, so was a little apprehensive, but after punching in the trip into ABRP I realized there are plenty of chargers along the way. I ended up driving along the ABRP route, but punching in individual chargers into the Porsche navigation so I get the benefit of battery preheat. Punching in the entire trip to Porsche nav was too much for it to handle, plus it had some very annoying features, such as one time when my estimated destination SOC dropped under 10% (even though it though we'd get there with 35% initially), it decided to add a charging spot, 6 feet earlier (the 150KW EA station instead of the 350KW EA I selected, same location) which caused it to keep on showing 10% destination SOC, only the time to charge at the next stall over was growing. ABRP also included weather and traffic in the estimated energy consumption, which came handy during changing winter weather (hint, you have to restart ABRP app and relaod the trip for it to get the most recent weather and traffic). More details in my upcoming trip report posting, hopefully this weekend.
Thank you for that, and looking forward to your trip report.

it’s funny, I don’t have range anxiety per se, and do usually stop every 2 hrs, but I do have infrastructure functioning anxiety. Maybe I’m watching too much skewed news about non functioning high speed CCS chargers. I suppose the only way to get over it is to get in the car and just go!

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for that, and looking forward to your trip report.

it’s funny, I don’t have range anxiety per se, and do usually stop every 2 hrs, but I do have infrastructure functioning anxiety. Maybe I’m watching too much skewed news about non functioning high speed CCS chargers. I suppose the only way to get over it is to get in the car and just go!
Spoiler alert: 3,500 miles, twenty some EA chargers, some had broken station but always some working, so got me charged up. I even got access to 350KW capable chargers at most of them. I know, it's anecdotal, one person's experience, anything is possible, but you know what, cars break down (EVs and ICE), accidents happen (~100 people on average die every month from car accidents in the USA), roads close, boulders crash cars, people get struck by lightening (on average, 28 people a year are killed by lightening in the USA), etc, etc... You cannot live your whole life in fear of the unlikely. Shit happens, just not as often as our neural intuition tells us based on what we see in the media and the internet. In order for your neural intuition to be properly trained on EA availability fears, you'd have to read from everyone who ever charged there, not just from people who had troubles. The shortcut for problems where human intuition fails due to insufficient training data (your life is not long enough to read about every person who ever charged at EA), is to apply critical thinking, logic, math. On that topic, do you know what mathematicians call winning a lottery? A bad decision with a good outcome. ;)
Sponsored