February 2023 deliveries

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
[Adding a February delivery thread, now that January is coming to an end.]

My car was originally scheduled for mid December last year, but is currently on the Supreme Ace, scheduled to offload in Jacksonville on 2/3. The ship appears to have passed the point where last year about the same time, Felicity Ace ship on the very same course was diverted to Atlantis dealerships instead. Hoping for a February delivery.
Sponsored

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
[Adding a February delivery thread, now that January is coming to an end.]

My car was originally scheduled for mid December last year, but is currently on the Supreme Ace, scheduled to offload in Jacksonville on 2/3. The ship appears to have passed the point where last year about the same time, Felicity Ace ship on the very same course was diverted to Atlantis dealerships instead. Hoping for a February delivery.
I'm in the same situation. Originally scheduled for December, now on the Supreme Ace headed to Houston. Looks like the boat is halfway across the Atlantic.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was supposed to get mine tomorrow but my SA confirmed it’s stuck at the Jax port awaiting a part for the sound system. I just always assumed those things were done at the dealership but I guess it doesn’t matter where it happens, can’t take it home yet!

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I was supposed to get mine tomorrow but my SA confirmed it’s stuck at the Jax port awaiting a part for the sound system. I just always assumed those things were done at the dealership but I guess it doesn’t matter where it happens, can’t take it home yet!
I hesitate to ask if you know what part is missing. Base, Bose or Burmester system on your car? My GTS is also sitting on the Jacksonville dock. My SA has no info on hold items at this point.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I hesitate to ask if you know what part is missing. Base, Bose or Burmester system on your car? My GTS is also sitting on the Jacksonville dock. My SA has no info on hold items at this point.
It’s Bose, and I just checked TYD….my delivery date moved from tomorrow to March 17. I really hope that’s a major overestimate but I’ve seen others say their car sat at the port for months….

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
It’s Bose, and I just checked TYD….my delivery date moved from tomorrow to March 17. I really hope that’s a major overestimate but I’ve seen others say their car sat at the port for months….
Oh that's not good news. My car also has the Bose system. So far my delivery date of 2-23 at PECATL hasn't changed. I'm afraid to check tomorrow. The whole process has gone very quickly (ordered late October) and pretty much as originally shown on TYD. Somethinng has to go wrong.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Oh that's not good news. My car also has the Bose system. So far my delivery date of 2-23 at PECATL hasn't changed. I'm afraid to check tomorrow. The whole process has gone very quickly (ordered late October) and pretty much as originally shown on TYD. Somethinng has to go wrong.
Wow you’re lucky. I ordered in June, and the freeze date kept moving until late September. I was supposed to take delivery in November. For a second I was mad because by the time I get it it’ll be almost time to order 2024 models but then I quickly realized there’s a perpetual delay. Fingers crossed for you!

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow you’re lucky. I ordered in June, and the freeze date kept moving until late September. I was supposed to take delivery in November. For a second I was mad because by the time I get it it’ll be almost time to order 2024 models but then I quickly realized there’s a perpetual delay. Fingers crossed for you!
Lol. I ordered in June too, except of 2021. I was told no later than Q1 2022 for delivery. After over a year wait without even an allocation and actually in the very same spot in the queue after Porsche merged the sedan and CT commissions. So I found myself an allocation at a dealer 3,000 miles away (I was looking since June 2021). I was supposed to take delivery mid December and have the car home by end of the year, maybe Christmas if everything went well. Reality check - my car currently on its way over the Atlantic, though given the fact that even after getting an allocation the car froze and unfroze 3 times, then the dates have been moving out periodically, I wouldn't bet any money I will be getting the car in February, even though TYD shows mid Fed delivery. I gave myself until May this year before I start considering dropping it for another car (maybe a 2024 Taycan it it's much improved, or perhaps a discounted 2022 Taycan Turbo S CT, or something non-Porsche). As it stands right now, I give myself 80% chance picking up my Taycan before May.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When was your car manufactured?

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Lol. I ordered in June too, except of 2021. I was told no later than Q1 2022 for delivery. After over a year wait without even an allocation and actually in the very same spot in the queue after Porsche merged the sedan and CT commissions. So I found myself an allocation at a dealer 3,000 miles away (I was looking since June 2021). I was supposed to take delivery mid December and have the car home by end of the year, maybe Christmas if everything went well. Reality check - my car currently on its way over the Atlantic, though given the fact that even after getting an allocation the car froze and unfroze 3 times, then the dates have been moving out periodically, I wouldn't bet any money I will be getting the car in February, even though TYD shows mid Fed delivery. I gave myself until May this year before I start considering dropping it for another car (maybe a 2024 Taycan it it's much improved, or perhaps a discounted 2022 Taycan Turbo S CT, or something non-Porsche). As it stands right now, I give myself 80% chance picking up my Taycan before May.
You have some incredibly admirable patience, I would’ve pulled out at the 1 year mark. I think 80% is realistic! Did you customize it pretty uniquely or would it be somewhat easy to find a similar spec for sale pre-owned? My issue is I over-spec’d to my exact liking so if I get sick of waiting I won’t be able to find one exactly like what I built.

gt3dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Anyone on the Glovis Splendor? Anyone have a timeline to San diego?

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Production completed at the end of November
Mine was done end of December, due in Jacksonville in a week, hoping it didn't come with any missing parts. 🤞 Maybe the boat my car is on is carrying a crate of Bose amplifiers on it, for cars completed earlier which were missing it?
Sponsored