DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Great to hear you are so please with the Michelin tyres!

What mileage are you getting from them??
I put something like 12-15K on them when I traded in the car and they still had plenty of tread.

That is the reason I like these tires so much.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Call them. Talk to Chris. Have him see what he got me for INVOICE 13825.

Tell him I sent you, and that I need another set by the end of June myself :)

OK Mr Derek - I've had PS4S's on my last 4 cars and, as we've stated before here, we are both diehard fans - still am :)

BUT I can't honestly say that the PS4S's are noticeably quieter that the OEM Pirelli's I received on my 4S CT with 21" wheels - TBH I actually thought the Pirelli's were distinctly quieter but I was not comparing the noise levels on the same vehicle so not a valid test i.e. I had overlap between selling my M4 vert and receiving the Taycan so was comparing them - could have simply been that the M4's PS4S's were just too worn for a fair comparison (and yes roof was up ;)!).

By far the biggest diff to me would be thread wear, a major win to PS4S, and possibly that the PS4S's retain their initial road noise levels for maybe 2/3's of life.

Curious as to your perspective?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
OK Mr Derek - I've had PS4S's on my last 4 cars and, as we've stated before here, we are both diehard fans - still am :)

BUT I can't honestly say that the PS4S's are noticeably quieter that the OEM Pirelli's I received on my 4S CT with 21" wheels - TBH I actually thought the Pirelli's were distinctly quieter but I was not comparing the noise levels on the same vehicle so not a valid test i.e. I had overlap between selling my M4 vert and receiving the Taycan so was comparing them - could have simply been that the M4's PS4S's were just too worn for a fair comparison (and yes roof was up ;)!).

By far the biggest diff to me would be thread wear, a major win to PS4S, and possibly that the PS4S's retain their initial road noise levels for maybe 2/3's of life.

Curious as to your perspective?
Well, I was comparing their road noise (and wet traction) against OEM Continentals, not Pirellis. It has also been quite a while so, YMMV.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well, I was comparing their road noise (and wet traction) against OEM Continentals, not Pirellis. It has also been quite a while so, YMMV.
Agreed - have not heard too many positives re Continentals - weird, thought I just read a post where you mentioned PS4S's quieter than Pirelli's - my bad!

EDIT - Ah - I did see that but a sideways ref perhaps:

Porsche Taycan Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) Now Available in 21" Taycan Size! Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.44.26 AM

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Agreed - have not heard too many positives re Continentals - weird, thought I just read a post where you mentioned PS4S's quieter than Pirelli's - my bad!

EDIT - Ah - I did see that but a sideways ref perhaps:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.44.26 AM.png
Yeah, I screwed up.

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I know there is much debate on these forums whether NF0 is needed or not.

That controversy aside, is there any hope that the 21" MIchelin PS4S will get NF0 certified or is that wishful thinking?
Sponsored