Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Hello there! I've ordered my Taycan RWD in October with January as the production slot. I've read on some groups that Matrix Headlights won't be available unless the car had that as standard. I live in Romania and my concern is if this is true or not for European deliveries.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hello there! I've ordered my Taycan RWD in October with January as the production slot. I've read on some groups that Matrix Headlights won't be available unless the car had that as standard. I live in Romania and my concern is if this is true or not for European deliveries.
Same here. Ordered a CT4 end of November. Production next week. Matrix light were canceled 2 weeks ago. I live in Belgium. Also confirmed by other Europeans on this forum. Did you hear anything from your dealer?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If they are optional in Romania the option will have been removed. Here in the UK I was told this week that if I get a build slot for my CT 4S I will either have the matrix lights I specified removed or have the build delayed. Matrix lights are standard here on the GTS, Turbo and Turbo S but no longer even optional on the other models.
I did look into re-specifying a GTS and a Turbo CS just to get matrix lights but the GTS was missing some parts of my CT specification I like and a bit more expensive and the Turbo was £20k more for a bit more power I will never use so I am waiting to see what happens when a build slot becomes available. I have waited 6 months so far.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
If they are optional in Romania the option will have been removed. Here in the UK I was told this week that if I get a build slot for my CT 4S I will either have the matrix lights I specified removed or have the build delayed. Matrix lights are standard here on the GTS, Turbo and Turbo S but no longer even optional on the other models.
I did look into re-specifying a GTS and a Turbo CS just to get matrix lights but the GTS was missing some parts of my CT specification I like and a bit more expensive and the Turbo was £20k more for a bit more power I will never use so I am waiting to see what happens when a build slot becomes available. I have waited 6 months so far.
Thanks for your fast reply, Frank! My dealer showed me the production slot number and the fact that all the components will be available (in December of 2021). Is it possible to get changed this soon? I think the dealer would be aware of changes well before us

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Same here. Ordered a CT4 end of November. Production next week. Matrix light were canceled 2 weeks ago. I live in Belgium. Also confirmed by other Europeans on this forum. Did you hear anything from your dealer?
Thanks for reply! I just wrote on Frank's reply! I think its very sad, as I was looking forward for those Matrix Headlights... I'll get in touch with him next week

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks for reply! I just wrote on Frank's reply! I think its very sad, as I was looking forward for those Matrix Headlights... I'll get in touch with him next week
I had them on my X5 so I ordered them on my Taycan. It is nice but not a deal breaker however for me. I will be happy with PDLS plus which is still available.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
My dealer had not even heard of the problem for some reason. My car came out of production Dec 23rd and it does have the matrix headlights. Seems to be quite market specific it seems.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I had them on my X5 so I ordered them on my Taycan. It is nice but not a deal breaker however for me. I will be happy with PDLS plus which is still available.
The Matrix's are still available on my configurator strangely.. if not, I'll go as you did

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
My dealer had not even heard of the problem for some reason. My car came out of production Dec 23rd and it does have the matrix headlights. Seems to be quite market specific it seems.
That's a thing ? Still showing on my configurator ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The Matrix's are still available on my configurator strangely.. if not, I'll go as you did
It is still available in the Belgian and Dutch configurator too. In other countries it was taken out. But it isn’t available for my Belgian order that will be build next week.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
It is still available in the Belgian and Dutch configurator too. In other countries it was taken out. But it isn’t available for my Belgian order that will be build next week.
too bad... the perks of buying something in these strange times

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My dealer didn’t hear of it either and assured me there was no problem three weeks ago. Got a phone call a couple of days later confirming I was well informed and he wasn’t and matrix lights were taken out of my configuration.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
My dealer didn’t hear if it either and assured me there was no problem three weeks ago. Got a phone call a couple of days later confirming I was well informed and he wasn’t and matrix lights were taken out of my configuration.
And you were downgraded to PDLS plus, isn't it?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
And you were downgraded to PDLS plus, isn't it?
I ordered a CT4 so I was downgrade to standard LED but I ordered the optional PDLS + that are still available. If you ordered a 4S you will be downgraded to PDLS + because it is standard on the 4S.
Sponsored