Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I ordered a CT4 so I was downgrade to standard LED but I ordered the optional PDLS + that are still available. If you ordered a 4S you will be downgraded to PDLS + because it is standard on the 4S.
Thank you! Hope there is more time to choose the PDLS+ as the dealer never contacted me after the discussion in December
Sponsored

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I've ordered a 4s and if I opted for matrix lights the build would be delayed. Decided to go with the standard lights which are still PDLS + LED and have main beam assist etc...only difference is they don't have the pixeallation etc...they look the same visually. I uses the money on other stuff!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thank you! Hope there is more time to choose the PDLS+ as the dealer never contacted me after the discussion in December
You can also order pdls plus as function on demand. So I think it is primarily software. FOD however currently not available for Model year 2022. Good luck.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I've ordered a 4s and if I opted for matrix lights the build would be delayed. Decided to go with the standard lights which are still PDLS + LED and have main beam assist etc...only difference is they don't have the pixeallation etc...they look the same visually. I uses the money on other stuff!
They don’t look the same. The matrix look a bit better. But I also chose for pdls + like you. Didn’t want to wait 6 months.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Same as you, downgrade to LEDs.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
You can also order pdls plus as function on demand. So I think it is primarily software. FOD however currently not available for Model year 2022. Good luck.
I think they look differently, so FoD is a tricky one

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
They don’t look the same. The matrix look a bit better. But I also chose for pdls + like you. Didn’t want to wait 6 months.
Not sure you would actually notice any difference unless you were up close and knew what you were looking for. The 'signature ' is the same

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Yep...like I said. Unless you knew what you were looking for, no visual difference.
Once the daytime running lights are on, the signature is the same.
I agree however, once it's dark, there is a difference such as showing road signs etc more clearly due to the pixeallation....I have them on my current RWD

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Aesthetically, the matrix lights do not look any better to me than the regular ones. Functionally, they're not any better right now either since my SA told me the software has not been released for it yet...at least in the US. We'll see if it's ready when I take delivery at the end of March.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
I had them on my X5 so I ordered them on my Taycan. It is nice but not a deal breaker however for me. I will be happy with PDLS plus which is still available.
Same here, I have had them in Audi A8 and not missing them. People still flash lights on motorway If you use them in auto function. No need for me and PDLS+ IS just fine.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Just as a quick update, dealer told me that my car is already produced and includes the Matrix Headlights. Expected delivery 2 weeks. @f1eng @JuTheKi @Icyfraser @McgR @WattTurbo

I think it depends on the market and the time the spec was locked.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Same here, I have had them in Audi A8 and not missing them. People still flash lights on motorway If you use them in auto function. No need for me and PDLS+ IS just fine.
Fallen in love with Matrix because of the D5 Audi A8

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just as a quick update, dealer told me that my car is already produced and includes the Matrix Headlights. Expected delivery 2 weeks. @f1eng @JuTheKi @Icyfraser @McgR @WattTurbo

I think it depends on the market and the time the spec was locked.
Good news! Lucky you. So you should have your car in a few weeks.

My lock date was last week. After the news came matrix wasn’t available anymore.
Sponsored