Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just about to finalise my configuration but cannot make my mind up on the wheels. Porsche say that the mission E’s are the least efficient and that they cost you 15 miles per charge. But they look so good!!! Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If you like them…go for it.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Try to estimate how many times that alleged extra 15 miles of range will make any difference to you in real world driving situations.

Then estimate how many times you will look at your car with pleasure and think, "Man, those wheels look freaking brilliant!"

Compute, and you will have your answer. :)

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Worth every penning, including the mandatory PSCBs cost

if I had to cut out options on my car they would not be one.

Porsche Taycan Mission E wheels E284BAFE-A482-4EE1-A63D-FF05176187D2

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Just about to finalise my configuration but cannot make my mind up on the wheels. Porsche say that the mission E’s are the least efficient and that they cost you 15 miles per charge. But they look so good!!! Any help would be appreciated.
When I saw the Mission E concept with the Mission E wheels I was sold! No way I was buying a Taycan without the Mission E's. 15 miles is negligible in my mind. Few of us (hopefully none of us) are going to drive on a long distance trip with a margin of 15 miles before the battery is fully uncharged and you are stranded. If you like them that much they are worth the extra dollar cost as well as the charging 'cost'. My little bitty opinion anyhow.................

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try to estimate how many times that alleged extra 15 miles of range will make any difference to you in real world driving situations.

Then estimate how many times you will look at your car with pleasure and think, "Man, those wheels look freaking brilliant!"

Compute, and you will have your answer. :)
This is the right answer.

Over 5500 miles driven and I’ve never once thought “I wish I would’ve opt’d for different wheels to gain 15 miles of range”. But I think I would have regretted getting anything besides the Mission E wheels.

tuxic

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I Have the mission E and love them but I think they slash more than 15 miles to the range. I have an RWD with PB+ and never got more than 250 miles on a full charge.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve got 21” Mission E wheels…my best range so far at 100% SoC is 299 miles.

Just get them, don’t sweat it!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I Have the mission E and love them but I think they slash more than 15 miles to the range. I have an RWD with PB+ and never got more than 250 miles on a full charge.
Huh, that’s interesting…same spec as mine and I’ve gotten it up to 299 on a full charge.

tuxic

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Huh, that’s interesting…same spec as mine and I’ve gotten it up to 299 on a full charge.
Do you also have the glass roof and sound insulating windows? I read somewhere that the extra weight also cuts range.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I saw the Mission E concept with the Mission E wheels I was sold! No way I was buying a Taycan without the Mission E's. 15 miles is negligible in my mind.
Same for me. The look of the Mission E wheels for me was way more important than the loss of a few miles of range.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Do you also have the glass roof and sound insulating windows? I read somewhere that the extra weight also cuts range.
Glass roof, but no sound insulating windows.
Sponsored