well_shi

First Name
Mmmm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
The Taycan configuration website says you can not order the car now with Mobile Charger Plus. It is preset for mobile charger connect.

it’s not clear to me- what’s the difference and which is better?
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
The charger available today is the more enhanced version, with a digital touchscreen and other network communication features which I doubt will be available initially & require additional service with the mysterious Home Energy Manager.

From https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/e-performance/faq/
The Porsche Mobile Charger and the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect are both chargers for vehicles with a high-voltage battery. They differ in their charging performance and the functions they support.
The Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is operated via a convenient touch display. In conjunction with the Porsche Home Energy Manager, it supports smart charging applications and provides overload protection (blackout protection) for your domestic connection. Extensive accessories are also available for the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
“Extensive accessories are also available for the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.”

I never noticed that line before. Anyone know what these accessories are? Different plugs, and the wall mount I guess... Maybe not so extensive after all.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep as others noted the lighter weight version is available yet. I’m watching for it to buy to keep in the car as my MCC is mounted on the wall in the wall box.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep as others noted the lighter weight version is available yet. I’m watching for it to buy to keep in the car as my MCC is mounted on the wall in the wall box.
I had asked my dealer about the mobile charger back in July (not the Connect). At that time they said it could be ordered - $1,310 USD but would take about 5-7 weeks - but not as part of the car configuration, it would have to be separately ordered.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had asked my dealer about the mobile charger back in July (not the Connect). At that time they said it could be ordered - $1,310 USD but would take about 5-7 weeks - but not as part of the car configuration, it would have to be separately ordered.
Oof. Yeah that’ll be a hard sell considering plenty of well made third party options can be had for under $300.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
$1300'sih for a 7.2 kW charger (which is what the Mobile Charger is) is way way way too much money for such a device.
Sponsored