JoshuaEven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 GTS
Country flag
Hi everyone- It's been just over a month with my '24 GTS, and it's been an absolute joy. Incredible driving experience, and she's such a looker!!! Went ahead and got full-front PPF and ceramic coating, because the black paint is high maintenance, for sure. But I freakin' love this car.

I still have just a couple issues... although I've quickly gotten over the differences in design philosophy between a Porsche and a Tesla (I came from a Model S to the Taycan), and I'm fine with those purposeful changes, like no more one-pedal driving and no more autopilot... and a more 'normal' level of tech in the cabin.. no biggie.

The two little things that remain are just some spotty responsiveness to the door locks and CarPlay:

The doors don't always want to lock when I touch the little spot on the handle to walk away. Some days it's fine, some days I have to try the rear driver-side door handle... and sometimes I have to dig in my bag for the key to lock the doors.

Similarly, CarPlay (wireless) doesn't always want to find my phone. I can play media using the BlueTooth connection every time. So the car can connect that way every time... but some days the CarPlay 'button' on the home screen isn't lit-up.

Does anyone else have these issues and if so, is there anything I can do to get these features to work more consistently?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Sponsored

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My doors are the same - nowhere near as reliable to the handle touch-to-lock as my previous Audi. I did take it back to Porsche and they couldn't find anything wrong. I believe its highly sensitive to the distance of the key when tapping, if Im 'side on' with the key in the pocket away from the car, it tends not to work well at all. Annoying, as I also end up tapping the rear door, or digging for the key.
On the contrary, I've found carplay to be reliable - particularly after the WPN8 update.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Ditto on the handles, though mine's no so bad it irritates. Press the indent a bit harder. I find that usually works (the indent is smaller in size to that on our Volvo. I think that works against it).

Don't use CarPlay so can't comment on that. Android Auto fires up fine, but don't use that either. I use PCM so it shows in the driver's display properly.

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Coming from a Tesla Model S myself, the software differences are significant. CarPlay, for me, does take a minute to start up, but it's pretty reliable (just slower than I'd prefer). The "get in the car and it turns on" function isn't as fast as I'm used to from my Tesla either. No trouble with the door locks other than "why is this necessary at all?!?" Perhaps Porsche can institute a "walk away door lock" feature. Grumble grumble.... :(

Still, what an amazing car to drive!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Walk away locking would be as much of a pita as having it IMO.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
The door lock is much more finicky than my or wife's Audi. I hold my finger sideways and do just a quick touch for best results, but even that is far from 100%.

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Porsche 911, 1974 Citroen 2cv, 2018 Volvo S90
Country flag
The door lock issue has been my experience on my '23 GTS. Super frustrating.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
'23 GTS - every now and then I have to hold my finger into the button for a couple seconds before it locks or unlocks. I don't think it's ever been above 3~4 seconds (usually less than a second though), but for sure the quick tap has been very hit or miss. After a while I just assumed I was supposed to hold my finger on it 🤷‍♂️. Only once when unlocking did I have to pull my hand away and try again to get it.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
The doors don't always want to lock when I touch the little spot on the handle to walk away.
Maybe this is related to key fob's proximity sensor being in different states when you do this. I have noticed that i have to have my key fob within one foot or so of the sensor that reacts/waits for a palm swipe to activate opening of the frunk and i also have to allow the sensor a second or two to read my key fob as i approach it before i swipe. It used to trip me and did not work when the key fob was too far away or i swiped too fast/soon.

Last edited:

dbrk

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
CarPlay finicky? Mine too though it's a 2020 with the software updates. Has anyone ever found the sound system in a Porsche (I've owned at least one since 1986) to be...you know, sound? It seems the company has always had other priorities.

Draff1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, ‘17 911 C4S, ‘23 SQ8
Country flag
‘23 ct4s having the same irritating door handle locking issue but car play seems much more stable than wife’s 23 sq8.

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi everyone- It's been just over a month with my '24 GTS, and it's been an absolute joy. Incredible driving experience, and she's such a looker!!! Went ahead and got full-front PPF and ceramic coating, because the black paint is high maintenance, for sure. But I freakin' love this car.

I still have just a couple issues... although I've quickly gotten over the differences in design philosophy between a Porsche and a Tesla (I came from a Model S to the Taycan), and I'm fine with those purposeful changes, like no more one-pedal driving and no more autopilot... and a more 'normal' level of tech in the cabin.. no biggie.

The two little things that remain are just some spotty responsiveness to the door locks and CarPlay:

The doors don't always want to lock when I touch the little spot on the handle to walk away. Some days it's fine, some days I have to try the rear driver-side door handle... and sometimes I have to dig in my bag for the key to lock the doors.

Similarly, CarPlay (wireless) doesn't always want to find my phone. I can play media using the BlueTooth connection every time. So the car can connect that way every time... but some days the CarPlay 'button' on the home screen isn't lit-up.

Does anyone else have these issues and if so, is there anything I can do to get these features to work more consistently?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
I have a '23 GTS and from day 1 I would lock the car and as I was walking away the doors would unlock as if I was walking towards it. It was pretty annoying. I drove it like that for about a year and decided to ask my service supervisor what was up. He said that was not normal and that they would look at it.

He ended up replacing all 4 door handles (without telling me). The problem is fixed but the handles don't come painted from Germany. The dealership painted them and of course it is not the same Carrera White Metallic as the car. Most people can't tell the difference but I can. Just gotta live with it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I lock and unlock my car using the buttons on the keyfob.
Sponsored