Moving on

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The lease on my 2020 Taycan 4S was scheduled to end in June 2023. I leased the car (vs. buying it) because I ordered it sight unseen since there were no Taycans produced at the time (I had the first US 4S Taycan on this forum), and as Porsche's first EV, I didn't want to take the risk of it being a dud. Needless to say it was quite the opposite. It was one of the best cars I have owned. Six months after I bought it, I even sold my Aston Martin DB11 V-12 that was gathering dust in the garage. The Mamba Green was a hit the entire time I had the car. I intended to get another Taycan but the car market is still a bit wacky and the waitlist is still too long. The other EVs I was considering were all pushed back at least a year (e.g., new Maserati Gran turismo Folgore, EQG G-wagon, Cayenne EV, Hummer EV SUV (I have a deposit on one)).

In mid November, I ordered my wife a 2023 Cayenne S Coupe with a ton of options to replace her Maserati Levante. It will enter production shortly. I still didn't know what to do for myself. Two weeks ago, the YouTube algorithms popped up some car reviews for the all new AMG SL55. After I clicked on a few related videos, the hook was set. It is nothing like the old model. Most MB dealers wanted above sticker, but I was finally able to get an order for a new 2023 build at MSRP. Like the Taycan (Mamba Green) it will be another crazy color (Hyper blue). Once again, I ordered a car that I hadn't seen in person or driven beforehand. I asked the Mercedes dealer what they would pay if I traded in my Taycan. In addition to offering a fair number, I will also get a nice sales tax savings on the new AMG. The used car market is cooling, but I was able to bank over $25k of value above the buyout price on a lease that still had 6 months left to run. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I already miss the Taycan, but I am excited to get into the new toy (scheduled for a Jan build). While I won't be posting too much more on this forum, I am glad to have met several members of the forum in person, and I am thankful for all the questions and answers that I have asked and have answered during the past few years. For now, I will be heading over to the mbworld.org forum (I still have my credentials from when I last owned a MB in 2005). If anyone is interested in an awesome, one owner Mamba Green Taycan 4S (orig sticker over $142k with 18,500 miles), there is one for sale at RBM of Alpharetta (Georgia) for under $109k.
Sponsored

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
We’ve got 2 MBs right now and the Porsche dealer I ordered my Taycan from is co-located with the MB dealer. The new SL is AWESOME! And I love the color you chose. Although 2 different cars, if given the choice of a “base“ 911 or SL, I’d strongly consider the SL. Now… the Targa I specced out for $170k as a dream car? The SL wouldn’t be a consideration. 😁

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Best of luck with your incoming Taycan. Although mine was an early build, it was trouble free. The recent big software update was much appreciated especially with the addition of Android Auto. My Taycan never stranded me at any Electrify America stations. It was an easy car to road-trip having gone to CT and GA 7 times (1000 miles each way). The instant acceleration was always such a blast that I never had the urge to try launch control even once. I did not have any squeaks or rattles. It was a solid car. It sounds like the next addition after your Taycan will be another Pcar.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congratulations & lots of happy/safe miles.
(IMO, Your new car would be amazing, if it would be an EV :angel: 0

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I even sold my Aston Martin DB11 V-12 that was gathering dust in the garage.
Here was your mistake!

Sorry to see you off this forum and thanks for all your input.

Good Luck with your AMG SL. Amazing car

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
The new SL will be amazing, no doubt! Drive it in good health!

F6L.
Sponsored