First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Hi guys,

currntly driving a macan s, but willing to make a change to taycan.

i have2 options i can choose from at the dealership, options are more ormless the same

- model year 22, 4s,

- model year 20 turbo,

price and mileage is almost exactly the same,.

- what would you guys pick? The turbo which is older or the 4s which is newer?

- and are there any differences in cpu / processor speed, or other small inprovements between MY 20 and MY 22?

Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
No such thing as fully spec’d. Would need to see the details of each build….

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There's more battery degradation on a 2020 model so if you need more range and newer battery then 4S, if you drive mostly short trips a nicely spec Turbo for me. PCM runs a bit faster on 2022 model there have been some improvements. Better to post the config of both.

OP
OP

Deno

First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Hi guys, i put the configs next to each other and higlighted the main differences. Curious to your opinion.

Porsche Taycan MY 22 4S or MY 20 Turbo Comparison Tubo - 4s

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Turbo as long as you like the exterior and interior colors. Just make sure either is a CPO car. Battery failures happens to all years so I wouldn’t put to much into that. Most likely you will have a battery repair or replacement on either vehicle.

OP
OP

Deno

First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Both are CPO cars and both are in dolomite silver.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Turbo then just to add the turbo does have ptv believe it’s bundled in with the rear wheel steer.

nickjwilliams

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (Dec 2022) - purchased August 2023
Country flag
I'm biased as I own a Taycan Turbo (moved from a Macan GTS MY23 3 months ago). Love the Taycan. Loved the Macan too! Very different cars.
A couple of things on the specs that have not been mentioned by others (so far).

1. There was a recall on the Mobile Charger Connect and although comes up on spec list of many, the dealers on re-sale often do not provide these any longer as withdrawn.
2. PVTS Plus - this will require you to subscribe to the (Vodafone based) service - pricey compared to other tracker subscriptions, but without hardware costs as pre-installed - however having had it on my Macan I was unimpressed with it feature wise (not sure there were any!) compared to the aftermarket Meta Track V5 Tracker I had installed on a car the year before (M3 Comp xDrive) - map tracking, speeds etc. and at a lower subscription.

Drive both - see what you think!

Do look out for insurance though! mine has increased by around 50% by staying with provider (Admiral) and as good a quote as best on comparison sites. However there are many more wanting to charge £3K+ per annum than those under £1300pa - I am late 50's, clean licence and 14 years NCB, (Touch wood)!

Enjoy the test drives and let us know what you decide please.

Cheers, NickW

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
PTV Plus is standard equipment on Turbos.
Here’s what comes as standard (at least for UK MY22 CTs) on a Turbo but not on a 4S (items in italics are the 4S version). Obviously this is before any cost options have been added:

<EDIT- italic format restored below>
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Exterior mirror lower trims painted in exterior colour including mirror base in black (Exterior mirror lower trims including mirror base in black)
Brake calipers in black (Brake calipers painted in red)
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Internally vented brake discs with 410 mm at front and 365 mm at rear (Internally vented brake cast iron discs with 360 mm at front and 358 mm at rear) Roof lining in Race-Tex (Fabric roof lining)
'turbo' logo on the front and rear headrests
Pedal pad edges in stainless steel
20-inch Taycan Turbo Design wheels (19-inch Taycan S Aero wheels)
Metallic Paint
Matrix LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) (LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus))
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Comfort front seats (14-way electric) with memory package including steering wheel height and fore/aft adjustment (Comfort front seats (8-way electric))
Seat heating (front and rear) (Heated front seats)
Leather interior, smooth-finish leather (Partial leather interior)
BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers including subwoofer and a total output of 710 Watts (Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a total output of 150 watts)

Last edited:

Davy021

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Turbo just bc of Mission E wheels alone....

OP
OP

Deno

First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
thanks guys, I think I am convinced. i will go for the turbo. I also found another turbo, 1 year younger with the sport design package, slightly more expensive, but wil half the mileage of this turbo. This one is crayon however.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007

nickjwilliams

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (Dec 2022) - purchased August 2023
Country flag
thanks guys, I think I am convinced. i will go for the turbo. I also found another turbo, 1 year younger with the sport design package, slightly more expensive, but wil half the mileage of this turbo. This one is crayon however.
Crayon is a lovely colour - had I built my spec from new I would have short listed that. However I bought an ex Porsche Management owned car at 8 months old and it is Ice Grey Metallic which I think suits the car well too - likewise this has teh Sports Design Package (in black high gloss) too.

That said, colour is obviously a personal choice! Enjoy!

Reactions: 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I vote for the Crayon Turbo, but I’m biased 😄

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
4s because I’m afraid of the montly “bijtelling” of the turbo 😂

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you drive hard enough to offset the increased insurance, consumption, and likely tire costs of the Turbo, you will likely find it worth your while. If not, then you know what to do.
Sponsored