My 3D printed Taycan phone holder

hughesy88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 8 series
Country flag
hi all

I am using the phone holder that @Axdenied uploaded but i i find when its fitted its causing the touchscreen in the middle to not be as responsive as the plastic is slightly pushing down on the screen,

did anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

ddep

First Name
dep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s 2021
Country flag
A bit late (have been working remotely so I haven’t left the apartment for a few days), but here‘s a photo of how it looks like:

566F9FB7-98F7-4A27-9190-F75551399CAF.jpeg
This is perfect. I also want to attach the peak design charger. How did you attach it to the base? can you share some photos the attachment point?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
This is perfect. I also want to attach the peak design charger. How did you attach it to the base? can you share some photos the attachment point?
I believe I simply used the included double-sided tape, which attached quite well to the PLA material. It was a while ago since I printed it, but I think I stretched the model slightly in Cura to fit the size of the charger a bit better.

Note that the magnets are quite strong so I had some problems with the base falling of console. I eventually solved that by adding some regular double-sided tape to the inside of the base to increase the friction. I haven't had any problems since.

Markalfredo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Struggled to find a perfect way to mount my iPhone so decided to custom print my own magnetic holder.

Designed it to match the shape of the center console side, but not too tight in order to avoid marking the leather. Then screwed on the top a magnet from a previous phone holder I had.

Perfect for my needs and been using it for a month without any impact on the leather, and phone holds even in Launch control !

Let me know what you think and would be great to get any additional suggestions. Happy to also share the 3D print file if anyone is interested.

E02C9E5B-AC07-49E7-A3E8-2EE9AFDEEDE0.jpeg
216F5E4F-2979-47B7-B2F2-FF3046D61A98.jpeg

Does your knee knock into it when driving?

kasonhills11

First Name
Kason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yeah these v/A's are more than sufficient for me as TBH I just don't use the car to (primary) charge and a slow top up in the car is just fine for my everyday use - main reason for a mag holder in a more convenient loc. for me was to avoid mucking with that ridiculous console lid :)!

Hans21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks @Axdenied for the upload. I'm using this print with a quad lock wall mount sticked to it

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Serious question. Why do people need their phone in front of them when the car Carplay/Android Auto and a hands free system? Mine lives in the factory wireless charger when I'm in the car. I cant think of a reason why I'd need it mounted elsewhere.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Serious question. Why do people need their phone in front of them when the car Carplay/Android Auto and a hands free system? Mine lives in the factory wireless charger when I'm in the car. I cant think of a reason why I'd need it mounted elsewhere.
I didn't find that the wireless charger worked particularly well and when I tried to charged it (before the major upgrade) it seemed to get a bit hot. Also, betting I'd initially forget to take the phone with me 8 times out of 10 if it was hidden in the console department. I agree that it could be a distraction, however, and perhaps its a good thing that these mounts are not provided by the car manufacturers themselves.

Last edited:

Hans21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
On my iPhone mini the wireless charging pad didn't work

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I didn't find that the wireless charger worked particularly well and when I tried to charged it (before the major upgrade) it seemed to get a bit hot. Also, betting I'd initially forget to take the phone with me 8 times out of 10 if it was hidden in the console department. I agree that it could be a distraction, however, and perhaps its a good thing that these mounts are not provided by the car manufacturers themselves.
Why not using Apple's official wireless charger?

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Why not using Apple's official wireless charger?
Please see "page 8" of this topic for one option for creating a phone platform in the Taycan using Apple's official wireless charger. There are many other ideas out there for folks who are looking for such a thing. Here's one of the photos posted showing the Apple-compatible wireless charger in place.

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder AcanaScr_2024-02-02-094700