Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here’s what I have. Not sure where it was purchased as the previous owner installed it but it works great and doesn’t take up my precious cup holder (coin/wallet holder).

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 7A2174DA-4D08-4B2D-889B-153F7FAD0735

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 9FA012E0-E4A7-4FE3-8D22-ABDD845E6C41

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I use the cradle in the armrest (iPhone) all background apps provide audible feedback over BT.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This. If you want a factory looking no wires showing charger.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 21.11.34.jpg
Yep mine does all of that and retains storage at half the cost albeit with having to mod the ashtray :).
But agreed a nice alternative if you’ve no need for the cup holder space

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This worked out rather nicely for me and I always have the extra cup holder when I need it. No charging though.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 1679755512365

https://a.co/d/bUPoYMU

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Carmine Red - MY2024
Country flag
Hey, I think I have found the best holder and the perfect position for it. It looks and feels Porsche!

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? b5af1c8c-b722-447d-9c51-5e50670fbf22.JPG

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? e422b374-dd2d-4d46-948b-3fe92063cb82.JPG

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? f8bf146a-7f7e-4d21-9cb7-432812e8d6ac.JPG

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_8789

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_8791

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_8796

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_8808

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
For those who have picked up their cars what are you using to hold the phone in the car?

I am currently using an aircon vent holder in my car but from what I can see from videos this won't be compatible with the Taycan air vents.

So what do you recommend? Not sure if the windscreen mounts would work too well.
I use a cup holder mount. It's easy to remove if you need two beverage slots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDDP6G1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? phone

I888I

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911-996 - Taycan GTS (9/23) - Cessna C340A
Country flag
For those who have picked up their cars what are you using to hold the phone in the car?

I am currently using an aircon vent holder in my car but from what I can see from videos this won't be compatible with the Taycan air vents.

So what do you recommend? Not sure if the windscreen mounts would work too well.

- Nine-Volts MagSafe iPhone charger installed in the 1st cup holder. Works perfect, and well integrated with no cables visible. Porsche Centre installed the charger.
- Porsche ashtray with lid installed in the 2nd cup holder for keys and coins,
So both of the (unappealing and useless) cup holders have a better use.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_1624

Last edited:

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
You won't find a part number becuase there isn't one. The cup is fabricated out of a tight-fitting plastic cup fitted to an ESR magnetic Magsafe charger which is widely available.

It works very well and holds the phone in place as well as charging it. It decided not to tear the console apart to hide the wiring - it is hidden for most of its length to the USB C socket in the armrest.

I think these home made efforts highlight another design shortcoming Porsche failed to think about when they put together the interior.

SpeedWagon

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
For now I use the proclip base and mounted a magsafe charger on it with some industrial double sided tape. I used an angled USB-C cable to avoid seeing too much cable and was able to completely hide it between the panels of the center / tunnel console to plug it in one of the ports in the center box.

I think it is a clean look, even without the iphone.

I used the square magsafe charger to cover the proclip mount instead of round.
I went with the proclip base only, bought ESR halolock, unscrewed the back part so I could get the ESR MagSafe flush with the proclip, and melded the two with Shoe Goo. I mounted to passenger side because driver side interfered with my knee.

Note some people mentioned the Cryoboost version of the ESR but it charges at a slower rate and always runs the fan and is thicker. So I stuck with the slimmer faster one and only plug in when I want to charge. That way I always have a (MagSafe) car mount, and can charge when I need to such as road trips.

Lastly, I used an Anker right angle USB-C cord and tucked between passenger seat and console, ran it back to the back seat plug, to not interfere with opening and closing the center console.

Overall, came out cleanly and not too bulky.

Links to the items:

https://www.proclipusa.com/products/855613-proclip-console-mount-porsche-taycan-2020-20xx

ESR HaloLock MagSafe
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNBHSQV

Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002L9AL84

Anker right angle USB-C cord:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFZPSPBY

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_5615
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_5808
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_5810

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Still nonplussed as to why these ugly things are needed.

Messages etc come through PCM (and can be read out). CarPlay or Android Auto if you really can't be without xyz app when driving.

My "holder" is either my pocket or the wireless charger cubby. Saves any hassles with the law, fiddling about with a phone. And best of all for a Yorkshireman, they're free!
Sponsored