MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
My third Taycan , after two taycan turbos now a taycan turbo S cross turismo.

Super satisfied , the best daily driver ever.
The car is much improved,compared to the first models (2020)
Sponsored

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can you elaborate on the improvements between MY2020 to MY2023?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
3rd in three years? :oops:
how comes?

OP
OP
MT-1

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
1)In range and in normal, the car is now driven via the rear wheels ( much nicer).

2)The deceleration works better especially on automatic mode.

3)The exit warning is super safe.

4)Adaptive cruise control is also improved.

5)The PSCB brakes are a must on any taycan. On the turbo, they are standard. After all, it is a very heavy car.

On the turbo s, the Ceramic

composite brakes are standard.

6)But the biggest advance

progress is that all the electronics work much

faster.

OP
OP
MT-1

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
how comes?
how comes?
I like change but at the moment for me the Taycan is the best daily driver.

Drives sporty , has 4 doors, so it is practical.

Although for me personally it is not a real sports car.

At the end of April my Ferrari 296GTB will be delivered.That's what you go on track with.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
1)In range and in normal, the car is now driven via the rear wheels ( much nicer).
2)The deceleration works better especially on automatic mode.
3)The exit warning is super safe.
4)Adaptive cruise control is also improved.
5)The PSCB brakes are a must on any taycan. On the turbo, they are standard. After all, it is a very heavy car. On the turbo s, the Ceramic composite brakes are standard.
6)But the biggest advance progress is that all the electronics work much faster.
Which of these improvements (apart from brakes, which are off topic) are not available on MY 2020 with the uPdate applied? Until the end of December, Porsche was providing the uPdate to MY 2020 for free, but they withdrew the uPDate a few weeks ago, reportedly because a small number of MY 2020 Taycans became "bricked" after return to the customer.

Reactions: B61

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
5)The PSCB brakes are a must on any taycan. On the turbo, they are standard. After all, it is a very heavy car.
I’m intrigued by this comment:

How many times have you had to use emergency braking where you thought the standard brakes would not have coped? Do Porsche quote any difference in stopping distances between the different brake options?

With 90% of braking being done by the physical brakes, I’m keen to understand why you think these are a ‘must have’?

I thought the main advantage of PSCB was lack of brake dust (and appearance, which is subjective) although as above that’s not such a big issue when the physical brakes aren’t used that much.
For PCCBs, lack of brake fade is probably the biggest advantage, but that should really only be relevant for track use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MT-1

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
I live in Belgium, but do a lot of

kilometres in Germany.

There as you surely know there are parts of the autostrade with no speed limit.

Then you really feel the difference.

That is also the comment of most journalists.

When I drive a light sports car,I always have to adjust the first few kilometres and always brake too fast.

Porsche can explain this better than a loyal customer :

https://www.porsche.com/internation...gazine/archive/384/articleoverview/article03/

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You’re rarely even engaging the brake discs, unless you’re constantly panic braking. I have PSCBs on my ‘22 4S and the only benefits on the Taycan are looks and zero brake dust. And I drive like a maniac.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I can see them being a gain on a hugely heavy IC engined car, like the Cayenne in this linked article, and they may look nice etc but on the Taycan almost every time you touch the brake pedal it actually decelerates the car by reversing the torque in the electric motors and using the power generated to charge the battery so in the Taycan case, despite its weight, the standard brakes are plenty good enough for normal use, but the coated or composite brakes may be worth it if they look nicer to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MT-1

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
Which of these improvements (apart from brakes, which are off topic) are not available on MY 2020 with the uPdate applied? Until the end of December, Porsche was providing the uPdate to MY 2020 for free, but they withdrew the uPDate a few weeks ago, reportedly because a small number of MY 2020 Taycans became "bricked" after return to the customer.
I had 2 of the first Taycans delivered .

With 1 of the 2 I had constant problems.

Despite all the updates.

The second one was slightly better but still I was not satisfied.

Maybe just bad luck.

Porsche has always helped me very

good help. Also with replacement cars.

That's how I noticed the difference.

OP
OP
MT-1

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
it talks about a lack of rust, longer life, greater fade resistance and an absence of brake dust - I can’t see anything about improved stopping distance over the standard brakes…
Very good challenge. The difference is minimal (10% I remember) between Standard Steel and PSCB (Steel Covered in Carbide) and there is a graph I saw some time ago because the setups differ in disc size (not material) but same in piston count.

I have Macan Turbo with Steel Red type and they generate a lot of dust and at 70k miles squeak due to age of components (although pads are new) and Cayenne Turbo with PSCBs had been squeaking starting at 10K which is a known issue and after pretty much replacing everything but the front rotors under a TSB the fronts still squeak. My Taycan Turbo will have PSCBs standard so hopefully between not using brakes much and revised components, I will not have a 3rd squeaker to deal with.

Standard (Black)
  • Front: 6-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 360 mm internally vented brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 358 mm internally vented brake discs

GTS (Red)
  • Front: 6-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 390 mm internally vented brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 358 mm internally vented brake discs

PSCB (White)
  • Composite brake discs on the front axle with brackets made of Aluminum
  • Front: 6-piston brake calipers with 410 mm brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston brake calipers with 365 mm brake discs

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very good challenge. The difference is minimal (10% I remember) between Standard Steel and PSCB (Steel Covered in Carbide) and there is a graph I saw some time ago because the setups differ in disc size (not material) but same in piston count:

Standard (Black)
  • Front: 6-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 360 mm internally vented brake discs

GTS (Red)
  • Front: 6-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers with 390 mm internally vented brake discs

PSCB (White)
  • Composite brake discs on the front axle with brackets made of Aluminum
  • Front: 6-piston brake calipers with 410 mm brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston brake calipers with 365 mm brake discs
I think i read that tyre performance, rather than brake performance is normally the limiting factor, so (fade apart), larger discs won’t necessarily need to better stopping.
Sponsored