I think someone fixed Car play hijacking the PCM issue

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I am not aware of any updates on the car, but since my iOS update I can now get in the car, have it connect to wireless car play (automatically) but the PCM stays on the radio. It hasn’t done this since I bought the car and I know is a source of irritation to many. So perhaps Apple tweaked the car play settings in the latest iOS. Currently running version 16.5
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Mine is the same but TBH not sure I had the ‘hi jack’ issue before! - prob did, but also was not using CarPlay as much as others have.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Tested it couple of times today, and it seems YES this crazy thing disappeared somehow (switching automatically to ACP media every start up when wireless automatic connection is set up).
Really great news since this was the most annoying thing to lot of us in the car.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I am not aware of any updates on the car, but since my iOS update I can now get in the car, have it connect to wireless car play (automatically) but the PCM stays on the radio. It hasn’t done this since I bought the car and I know is a source of irritation to many. So perhaps Apple tweaked the car play settings in the latest iOS. Currently running version 16.5
Agree 100%. I did not regularly use Car Play and only connected for longer trips when I wanted to use Waze for exactly this reason. Now Car Play connects automatically in the background and doesn't hijack the PCM. No idea what actually changed on the backend.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I gave up on CarPlay for this reason and only recently re-attached it to try the map integration. You're right, it doesn't steal the audio source any more!!

THANK YOU for listening, Porsche!

This may seem like a small thing but it's one of those daily irritation things.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'd appreciate the option to choose either. I actually never use the PCM myself except to change car settings, so I always want to go straight into Carplay for media and navigation.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was just getting ready to post a thread pointing out the same thing. One difference is I did remove my phone from the Taycan and reconnected it, but that happened after an iOS update.

Now every time I turn on the car the radio station is playing, if that’s what was playing when I turned the car off.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Oh I know. I'm still imagining it's Apple teaching Porsche how to do it. Sometimes the teacher has to solve the math problem first so the student sees how it's done. :D

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
One thing I do like about the multi-screen menu setup (as duplicative as it may be) is that you can quickly (more easily) access a CarPlay layout from a PCM home screen layout using the lower screen - the extra slot by default in my setup is used by CarPlay - prob the only reason I'd use the drop down menu bar in the lower screen:

Porsche Taycan I think someone fixed Car play hijacking the PCM issue IMG_1932

Porsche Taycan I think someone fixed Car play hijacking the PCM issue IMG_1933

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Same for me just noticed it working correctly yesterday also

BobC

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For some reason I'm not having the same experience. There is no change in the (annoying) behavior of the constant CarPlay interruption. I have iOS 16.5. In the iOS settings, I have used the "Forget This Car" option to disconnect my phone from the PCM, and then reconnected it, with no change. I have my PCM option to do auto updates, so I believe that my PCM software is up to date, but can't be positive (version is MPR3_US_POG46_K3793). On another thread there was some mention of a battery update, but not sure if it applies to me or this issue.

If anyone has any additional advice, it would be greatly appreciated!! I otherwise love my car, but this is probably the single most frustrating thing that I experience with it, every single time I get in it to drive. The radio comes on, as the last source used, and then when my phone and the PCM connect, it abruptly drags the focus away to a CarPlay audio source, and then the tug of war (and cursing) begins!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For some reason I'm not having the same experience. There is no change in the (annoying) behavior of the constant CarPlay interruption. I have iOS 16.5. In the iOS settings, I have used the "Forget This Car" option to disconnect my phone from the PCM, and then reconnected it, with no change. I have my PCM option to do auto updates, so I believe that my PCM software is up to date, but can't be positive (version is MPR3_US_POG46_K3793). On another thread there was some mention of a battery update, but not sure if it applies to me or this issue.

If anyone has any additional advice, it would be greatly appreciated!! I otherwise love my car, but this is probably the single most frustrating thing that I experience with it, every single time I get in it to drive. The radio comes on, as the last source used, and then when my phone and the PCM connect, it abruptly drags the focus away to a CarPlay audio source, and then the tug of war (and cursing) begins!
If you have the latest PCM and iOS update then the best next step is to DELETE your iPhone from the PCM (select the phone name and swipe LEFT to reveal a DELETE button), and then Forget the Taycan on the iPhone.

Then go through the reconnection process by adding your iPhone to the PCM. Should work.
Sponsored