IceBite

First Name
Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Country flag
Hey, so ive been looking to get one for a while and finally have the spec and costs. Just wanted any feedback on the spec to see your thoughts.

Porsche Taycan 420kW 4S 93kWh 4dr Auto [5 Seat] Saloon 2sp EU6 MY22
150 kW On board booster
18 way electric front adaptive sports seats with memory pack
20" Taycan turbo aero alloy wheels
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Comfort access system
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Fixed panoramic roof
Head up Display
Heated GT sports steering wheel in leather
High gloss black side window trims
Homelink
Lane change assistant
Model designation deletion
Park assist including surround view
Passenger display
Porsche innodrive including Adaptive cruise control
Privacy glass
Public charging cable (Mode 3)
Sport chrono package
Storage package
Windscreen with grey top tint

Just wondering if the Heads Up and the Passenger display are worth going for? I have Heads up in my RRS just now and love it, but seating position will be different. Sports seats better than the 14 way version?

TIA
Sponsored

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Hey, so ive been looking to get one for a while and finally have the spec and costs. Just wanted any feedback on the spec to see your thoughts.

150 kW On board booster
Comfort access system
Fixed panoramic roof
Head up Display
Homelink
Lane change assistant
Passenger display
Privacy glass
Sport chrono package
Storage package

Just wondering if the Heads Up and the Passenger display are worth going for? I have Heads up in my RRS just now and love it, but seating position will be different. Sports seats better than the 14 way version?

TIA
I also have HUD ON Range Rover and also I have to finalise my build in the next 2 weeks and not sure if HUD is right on Taycan just seems the bump on top of dashboard doesn't look right I think may be best to have rear wheel steering

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If you can’t get Taycan with HUD for test drive, I’d skip it.
afterall, you’ll have all info on screens.
just my $0.02

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

150 kW On board booster
Comfort access system
Fixed panoramic roof
Head up Display
Homelink
Lane change assistant
Passenger display
Privacy glass
Sport chrono package
Storage package

TIA
My last short list 4 years ago was Panamera plug in v Prius plug in and on the balance of my priorities the Prius won.
It has as standard a lot of the items which are extras on the Porsche (about £10k worth) and when I placed my order for a Taycan - which I think is probably the best overall car I have ever driven, the only thing I hate is the width- I used my experience of the free stuff on the Prius to decide whether I was prepared to pay extra for any of it!
I went for the estate, though, because of my dog.
I think the 150kW booster is a no brainer here in the UK.
I am old and have "rear end spread" and prefer the 14-way comfort seats to the narrow bolstered sports ones and also went for cooled (for me) and massage (for my wife) in them. When I was 40 I would have gone for the sports seats though.
I am super disappointed by the choice of Taycan wheels, I dislike the styling of almost all of them but the ones you have chosen are amongst the few I like :) I have chosen them for my winter tyres.
I didn't choose the dipping mirrors because the price of the option irritated me but I may change my mind when I have to fix my spec...
I didn't choose comfort access because of security and price, though I find it nice on the Prius where it is included in the standard spec but less likely to be stolen.
I have chosen the folding mirrors. My biggest concern is whether it is too wide to be able to open the doors using most UK car parks, so it seemed essential.
I don't like panoramic roofs, or privacy glass, so a personal preference - I also like the look better without, personally.
I went for the black window trims too, particularly on the estate there is so much black trim the chrome looked odd. I felt the same about the model desination, though I may well save a few quid by deleting it like you have.
I went for homelink too and surround view parking.
My wife had no interest in the passenger display so we haven't gone for it.
I quite like the HUD on the Prius, but not enough to pay that much extra for it, I also prefer the look of the dash top of the Taycan without the HUD hood.
I also have never had a warning from the included night view assist on my Prius so think it not worth paying for.
I don't use cruise control much myself and apart from in heavy motorway traffic, which I drive in very rarely, I have preferred standard cruise control to the over sensitive (IMHO) adaptive system which comes free on the Prius. I used to use cruise on all long journeys but since having an adaptive system I only use it in heavy traffic so I prefer the standard cruise which comes with the Taycan. The Prius gives a tweak on the steering wheel if it thinks you are going out of your lane, which I switched off and haven't had the inclination to switch on since... So no innodrive for us. I see the benefit in heavy traffic but find a car taking over a bit disconcerting at my great age.
OTOH one thing I really like in the Prius is the little warning light in the side mirrors if there is a vehicle in the blind spot, which also works if there is a car coming from the side when you are reversing so I did spec "lane change assist" which I hope is as good as the brilliant Prius system.
I specced sports chrono too, and went for the compass option on the estate.
I would love a storage package but haven'f found it in the configurator yet, where is it? :)

I am an engineer and couldn't resist the torque vectoring and rear axle steering. I may well end up adding the Dynamic chassis control too.

The only other things I am still debating are interior, standard, full leather or Oleo for us.
I usually keep cars I like a long time so I being happy with the interior - the bit I see most - is important to me. The only thing I have decided is not the ubiquitous black!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

TIA
HUD, sure. Passenger display not worth $1100. 14 or 18 way seats a must for taller people.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
take all the options you mentioned, HUD is great, Passenger display is useless, but looks amazing, i would spec everytime

Considering you are not skimping on spec i would get Bose, electric sport sound and electric charging doors

Also if the range rover was an autobiography you will need the full leather interior and race tex roof lining to avoid disappointment

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
I would love a storage package but haven'f found it in the configurator yet, where is it? :)
Hi Frank (you're a legend, honour to have you on here...)

Storage pack is standard on the CT, its the cubby under the centre tunnel in the front and possibly a few other trinkets.

What colour have you spec'd?

OP
OP

IceBite

First Name
Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Country flag
My last short list 4 years ago was Panamera plug in v Prius plug in and on the balance of my priorities the Prius won.
It has as standard a lot of the items which are extras on the Porsche (about £10k worth) and when I placed my order for a Taycan - which I think is probably the best overall car I have ever driven, the only thing I hate is the width- I used my experience of the free stuff on the Prius to decide whether I was prepared to pay extra for any of it!
I am old and have "rear end spread" and prefer the 14-way comfort seats to the narrow bolstered sports ones and also went for cooled (for me) and massage (for my wife) in them. When I was 40 I would have gone for the sports seats though.
I am super disappointed by the choice of Taycan wheels, I dislike the styling of almost all of them but the ones you have chosen are amongst the few I like :) I have chosen them for my winter tyres.
I didn't choose the dipping mirrors because the price of the option irritated me but I may change my mind when I have to fix my spec...
I didn't choose comfort access because of security and price, though I find it nice on the Prius where it is included in the standard spec but less likely to be stolen.
I have chosen the folding mirrors. My biggest concern is whether it is too wide to be able to open the doors using most UK car parks, so it seemed essential.
I don't like panoramic roofs, or privacy glass, so a personal preference - I also like the look better without, personally.
I went for the black window trims too, particularly on the estate there is so much black trim the chrome looked odd. I felt the same about the model desination, though I may well save a few quid by deleting it like you have.
I quite like the HUD on the Prius, but not enough to pay that much extra for it, I also prefer the look of the dash top of the Taycan without the HUD hood.
I also have never had a warning from the included night view assist on my Prius so think it not worth paying for.
I don't use cruise control much myself and apart from in heavy motorway traffic, which I drive in very rarely, I have preferred standard cruise control to the over sensitive (IMHO) adaptive system which comes free on the Prius. I used to use cruise on all long journeys but since having an adaptive system I only use it in heavy traffic so I prefer the standard cruise which comes with the Taycan. The Prius gives a tweak on the steering wheel if it thinks you are going out of your lane, which I switched off and haven't had the inclination to switch on since... So no innodrive for us. I see the benefit in heavy traffic but find a car taking over a bit disconcerting at my great age.
OTOH one thing I really like in the Prius is the little warning light in the side mirrors if there is a vehicle in the blind spot, which also works if there is a car coming from the side when you are reversing so I did spec "lane change assist" which I hope is as good as the brilliant Prius system.

I am an engineer and couldn't resist the torque vectoring and rear axle steering. I may well end up adding the Dynamic chassis control too.

The only other things I am still debating are interior, standard, full leather or Oleo for us.
I usually keep cars I like a long time so I being happy with the interior - the bit I see most - is important to me. The only thing I have decided is not the ubiquitous black!
Hey, awesome thanks for your feedback. The storage package is under the interior section. Its a free option :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Frank (you're a legend, honour to have you on here...)

Storage pack is standard on the CT, its the cubby under the centre tunnel in the front and possibly a few other trinkets.

What colour have you spec'd?
Thanks for the info.
I am going for Mamba green.
Green is my favourite colour and after 15 years of monochrome non-colours which look smart but boring I am going bonkers.
I also like cherry and am still tempted by frozen berry...

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I also have HUD ON Range Rover and also I have to finalise my build in the next 2 weeks and not sure if HUD is right on Taycan just seems the bump on top of dashboard doesn't look right I think may be best to have rear wheel steering
The HUD bump does throw off the dash for me as well. I love how the standard display looks like it's almost floating

Hud
Porsche Taycan My Build 42C61A07-BC13-4A73-9248-E36EAE43DCEA.jpe

Standard
Porsche Taycan My Build pcgb20_1454_fine

Last edited:

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
I am going for Mamba green.
Green is my favourite colour and after 15 years of monochrome non-colours which look smart but boring I am going bonkers.
I also like cherry and am still tempted by frozen berry...
I’m with you in the colours, it’s driving me nuts. First choice was mamba, it looks fantastic in the showroom but a little washed out in comparison in daylight I feel. Maybe I’m over thinking it. I’m on the fence between green/frozen blue/white and have a week to decide. It looks great in white but so many white cars around along with all the greys I want something different.

Loved frozen blue when I saw one, very tempted by that just worried if I’d feel the same in 6 months, not sure I have the balls for it! I suspect Berry is similar, looks great in the flesh but I’ve never seen one.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m with you in the colours, it’s driving me nuts. First choice was mamba, it looks fantastic in the showroom but a little washed out in comparison in daylight I feel. Maybe I’m over thinking it. I’m on the fence between green/frozen blue/white and have a week to decide. It looks great in white but so many white cars around along with all the greys I want something different.

Loved frozen blue when I saw one, very tempted by that just worried if I’d feel the same in 6 months, not sure I have the balls for it! I suspect Berry is similar, looks great in the flesh but I’ve never seen one.
It is certainly difficult to see much apart from internet photos.
I am definitely not going to have monochrome though, so none of the multiple varieties of white, silver, grey or black.
Mind you I think those and black interiors are all I have actually seen.
I don't normally like red cars either but the cherry looks really nice to me in the pictures.
I am pretty set on green now though.
The interior is another thing. The standard chalk beige is the most sensible choice but there is a huge variety of opinion on forums from it being excellent to ruining the car!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Bump on dashboard? This is the Sports Chrono clock / compass - HUD is flush and integrated into the driver's cockpit.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Steering tweak you are referring to is not related to Innodrive per se - this is lane keep assist (standard on all Taycans) and is a real pain if not dangerous - I have it switched off permanently.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Steering tweak you are referring to is not related to Innodrive per se - this is lane keep assist (standard on all Taycans) and is a real pain if not dangerous - I have it switched off permanently.
OK that is a shame.
There is no feature of innodrive that appeals to me anyway!
Sponsored