My first post (and Porsche!)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Welcome. I picked up my tedious Crayon Grey RWD saloon last week after an almost eternal 14 month wait. Whatever colour floats your boat its a great car and worth the wait.
I absolutely love Crayon on the saloon and CT.

If I were getting either, it would be my colour of choice + the gloss black door handles.

Your taste and style passes my test.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
......and right on queue, I turn up at a clients today in my 'under the radar' Ice Grey Taycan, only for him to say 'your fees must be too high to pay for that shiny new Porsche'

I may as well have gone for red or green. 🤣

I then launched into the low cost of owning and running an EV and finished with........

'for someone like me, the bottom line is you can't really afford not to have one'

😆
Love it!

I'm anti social media, despite it being a large part of the work I do for my clients.

No one needs to know (or even will know) what ride I'm driving.

Juicy fees won't be questioned 😉

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am on the fence with Crayon to be honest, it looks amazing in the photos but I don't know if I could live with having such a lovely car with a subdued colour choice... Not a criticism of those who choose black/grey/white/beige for the Taycan, but just my opinion.

Also, I'm in my early 30s so maybe I'm still allowed to be a bit loud with my colour choices? My colleagues would say that of my "fashion" choices haha 😅
Late 30s but everyone thinks I'm 28. I don't act it though... I think 😂

Crayon is not an old man's colour.

It is stunning and beautifully balanced between showy and conservative.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I am on the fence with Crayon to be honest, it looks amazing in the photos but I don't know if I could live with having such a lovely car with a subdued colour choice... Not a criticism of those who choose black/grey/white/beige for the Taycan, but just my opinion.

Also, I'm in my early 30s so maybe I'm still allowed to be a bit loud with my colour choices? My colleagues would say that of my "fashion" choices haha 😅
You are still young. You want to go loud and be a massive head turner (especially the ladies, never got that with the BMWs). So the obvious solution is Carmine Red or dead.

Wash n' Wax day below. You can see a Bailey's Cream in the background. I know which one stands out.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/carmine-red-taycan-club.723/post-169558

• Haha
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Early 30s?
then mamba green is for you, ie. Watermelon (red inside)…or at least carmine (or cherry) red, with white interior :rock:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Mine has just arrived at the dealer. Waiting for some “battery parts” and other wheels.
0EA6B974-48C8-49B1-ABAE-2DB440E7C33C.jpeg
Congratulations! Hope they manage to turn it round quickly for you.
(For the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen FB in real life, that photo is a poor reproduction, the real thing is much more vibrant even under dull skies.)

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine has just arrived at the dealer. Waiting for some “battery parts” and other wheels.
0EA6B974-48C8-49B1-ABAE-2DB440E7C33C.jpeg
Very nice! What wheels are you waiting for? I've specced the standard wheels but I'm not sure if I could drop £1.5k on the 20s... Thinking aftermarket too, but those are even more exoensive!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Very nice! What wheels are you waiting for? I've specced the standard wheels but I'm not sure if I could drop £1.5k on the 20s... Thinking aftermarket too, but those are even more exoensive!
If it were me I’d be seriously looking at Vossen HF-5 or HF6-4. 😍

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
don’t like to spent crazy money on wheels. All ready had 25 k on extra’s 😉.
This is what it’s going to be:

Porsche Taycan My first post (and Porsche!) 1659792473892

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
don’t like to spent crazy money on wheels. All ready had 25 k on extra’s 😉.
This is what it’s going to be:

1659792473892.jpeg
Those look pretty sick, are they the standard 4S wheels? If not, I don't think I've seen this option on the UK configurator.

If it were me I’d be seriously looking at Vossen HF-5 or HF6-4. 😍
Yeah I've seen the Vossen ones here too - there's a stockist near here, they look really nice! Seen a set of satin bronze ones on a FBM on the Vossen website too and they look super slick!

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
If you manage it then we need a how-to thread on here please :CWL::giggle:
saw the car, loved the colour, order duly changed to Mamba Green :rock:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPGG8UU9

Remaining choices are:
- do I really need the performance battery (UK driving, max in one hit on any journey for me would be c. 3hrs/200mls) > perhaps use saving to fund different wheels or RWS?
- door handles currently in green changed to high gloss black
- current "Park Assist (front and rear) with visual and audible warning" changed to the surround view > I've never dinged a car reversing in my life, nor has my wife.

PS my how-to doesn't merit a thread as SDM told me if you like it go for it.......I think she reads this forum :bandit:

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Really pleased you got mamba! Exciting!
Sponsored