driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Only thing they need to implement in it is showing it pop up in HUD as well
I think it’ll cause glares and unwanted reflection on the windshield, since the image is quite bright and mostly white. I may be wrong though, maybe some vehicles can do that

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it’ll cause glares and unwanted reflection on the windshield, since the image is quite bright and mostly white. I may be wrong though, maybe some vehicles can do that
Your probably right. Does a red alert or something flash in HUD now?

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Your probably right. Does a red alert or something flash in HUD now?
I do not have the HUD in my vehicle. Whenever it wants to warn you - it starts flashing a concentrated beam at the pedestrian in danger, provides an audible warning and shows a red collision warning on the instrument cluster.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Personally, I've found the Night View Assist I specced with my car to be a complete waste of money. But then again, I don't live in a war zone. So in your case, it's literally a lifesaver, a must-have option and I can completely appreciate its benefits.

Speaking for myself, stay safe my friend. Hopefully, soon this war will end with a complete Ukrainian victory. Long live Ukraine!

Last edited:

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
I have NVA on my 2019 Cayenne and it has been helpful warning for deer on the side of the road. Having NVA in the center is helpful along with the alerts. The Matrix headlight warning for animals is not active in the US, so I am not sure I would get the option in the future.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Personally, I've found the Night View Assist I specced with my car to be a complete waste of money. But then again, I don't live in a war zone. So in your case, it's literally a lifesaver, a must-have option and I can completely appreciate its benefits.

Speaking for myself, stay safe my friend. Hopefully, soon this war will end with a complete Ukrainian victory. Long live Ukraine!
It's also a safety feature even in a well-lighted area so it's defenately not a waste of money.

Traction

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M6 Cab, WRX, (T4S on Order)
Country flag
After having NVA on my last two BMW's it was a no brainer for me. If you live off the beaten path and encounter deer frequently it's a must have, the NVA has saved the front of my car enough times to justify the cost. The BMW system did integrate the warnings with the HUD, which gave you more of a direction of the "danger" than anything else.

I'm finally collecting my Taycan next week, I'll let you know how the system is compared to the BMW version.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
After having NVA on my last two BMW's it was a no brainer for me. If you live off the beaten path and encounter deer frequently it's a must have, the NVA has saved the front of my car enough times to justify the cost. The BMW system did integrate the warnings with the HUD, which gave you more of a direction of the "danger" than anything else.

I'm finally collecting my Taycan next week, I'll let you know how the system is compared to the BMW version.
Can’t wait to compare. Congrats on your imminent Taycan

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The farthest I could see was a group of people 300m ahead (Measured on google using local terrain features), it is a very impressive device.
True but I mean before the system is actually tracking them.

Theoretically you can see as far as the optical resolution is resolving the image, could be miles ahead, like a girl in a bikini in the Arctic Circle...
Porsche Taycan My take on Night View Assist 360_F_306344413_hfBNuaEJha89BXGCfVoQwnvNaSWSm11K

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I have NVA on my 2019 Cayenne and it has been helpful warning for deer on the side of the road. Having NVA in the center is helpful along with the alerts. The Matrix headlight warning for animals is not active in the US, so I am not sure I would get the option in the future.
I read the manual, for the US you must have Matrix Lights (basically PDLS+ required) and it will flash at pedestrians but not for animals which seems consistent with the Cayenne manual (I have NVA but no PDLS+, so no flashing of lights in my case is confirmed). Also, interesting note in the manual that states that small animal detection is turned off in urban areas to avoid detecting leashed dogs of the dog walkers assuming they have some way to detect that you are in an urban dog walking area so squirrels, racoons or possums crossing the road will not be detected and the car will just roll over them.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@BayAreaKen discovered an intruder hiding in his landscaping with his night vision assist:
Last month I was driving on a highway at night, and night vision assist suddenly popped up a red warning about a pedestrian ahead. Turned out some guy in dark clothing was crossing an unlit portion of the highway just ahead of me. I love how night vision assist is monitoring the scene ahead even though I don't have it displayed on the dashboard.
Sponsored