WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
For those of us with a MY21 and early MY22, timing has been quite favorable to us. People say typically that buying a new car is bad investment, but comparing to most of the stocks that I'm holding, the value of the Taycan has held up pretty strongly, so I'm going to HODL it a bit longer :)
I know it won't last forever, but watching my finances evaporating recently has made my purchase of a Taycan feel a lot less extravagant.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Similarly, I have a mate who lost is left foot in a freak Travel Agency-related incident, who now spends 50% less time cutting his toe nails. Swings and roundabouts.
Not quite the same. What you describe is trying to find a silver lining after an unlucky event (you forgot 50% off socks, 50% off pedicures, and the settlement from the Travel Agency ;) ). Your example is more akin to saying "not having electronic steering column adjustment means there is less to break or malfunction". Your analogy would be closer to the Porsche parts shortage if your mate got gangrene in his whole leg, but doctors found a way to only amputate the foot, rather than the whole leg.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Not quite the same. What you describe is trying to find a silver lining after an unlucky event
I'm bascially making a single observation, and that's some people will see a silver lining in anything, including in this case which is basically the removal of features. To list the opportunity to spend thousands on a variable panoramic roof as a "benefit" is bizarre, for one.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm bascially making a single observation, and that's some people will see a silver lining in anything, including in this case which is basically the removal of features. To list the opportunity to spend thousands on a variable panoramic roof as a "benefit" is bizarre, for one.
The ability to spend money on variable panoramic may not seem like a benefit to you, but obviously it is to people who do choose to spend that money on it (or they wouldn't do it). That said, this is not a benefit of not electronic steering column, this was just an example of MY23 advantageous change, while not having the electronic steering column is an example if disadvantageous change.

Looking at the ability to order without the steering column sooner is a separate issue. I'm not trying to find a silver lining in just lacking the feature. I'm just saying having the option which allows customers to get the car much sooner, be it without electronic steering column, is a good thing, since they don't have to wait for the part to become available. Note that customers still retain the option to wait for the supply chain issues to resolve themselves, and order then.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Yeah, i read that the option description in Canada now explicitly says that the steering column will be manual. I wish that there is a single thread that tell us what is downgraded for Model Year 2023

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yeah, i read that the option description in Canada now explicitly says that the steering column will be manual. I wish that there is a single thread that tell us what is downgraded for Model Year 2023
The increased price is definitely a downgrade 🙈

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The increased price is definitely a downgrade 🙈
My sales representative already told me on that before the new model year. Its normal cycle on the price increase. I wonder if anyone is getting electric column before they say manual explicitly. When i placed order. There was no where mentioning electric or manual.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Another change is in the Interior Aluminum section. it used to be "Footrest and Pedals in Aluminum" and now it is just "Pedals in Aluminum" in the configurator.

My build says "Footrest and Pedals in Aluminum", but my CT built the first week in January only has the pedals in aluminum. I guess there is also an aluminum footrest shortage. I'm not complaining though, as I did get the electric steering column adjustment, matrix headlights and two key fobs....

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I have 53m in rare and super sports cars, just sat down to finalize Bugatti 110 order, and have a Purosangue locked with the dealer…..but I can honestly say the Taycan is the closest thing to automotive perfection I’ve encountered. Across the board, build quality, refinement, confidence on the road/track and exclusivity; all the while being subtle and unpretentious. I rate it at 98%. Minus 2 since it’s not a coupe and doesn’t have an engine ;)

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My sales representative already told me on that before the new model year. Its normal cycle on the price increase. I wonder if anyone is getting electric column before they say manual explicitly. When i placed order. There was no where mentioning electric or manual.
Double checked. My original configure did say electric column. Doubt that it will be electric when i lock in my order. Crossing my fingers though. Emailed my sales to confirm. But my lock in probably closer to end of year or after summer. So will see.​

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW.....

Turbo standard equipment (which has 14 way standard and 18way no-cost option).... "Comfort front seats (14-way electric) with memory package including steering wheel height and fore/aft adjustment". 14way are standard on the Turbo.

Memory-electric steering does not however appear on the 14way specific description pop-up for the Turbo like it does for GTS and Turbo S - Typical confuserator inconsistency

cheers

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes Porsche will fit the VAG dashcam for an extortionate amount of money. It looks awful.

You'd be better off getting a decent Blackvue or FitcamX installed by an independent installer. I've installed lots of dual dashcams in my BMW and Ford's over the years and will install one myself.
Totally agree the one on my Audi was £990 and not that great. Footage is clear but pointless using the app. Heard Blackvue is much better.

I got my Blackvue front and rear arrive today for £375 from amazon. Found a mobile installer who will come and fit for £100.

Where did you order your car from and when is it coming ?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Totally agree the one on my Audi was £990 and not that great. Footage is clear but pointless using the app. Heard Blackvue is much better.

I got my Blackvue front and rear arrive today for £375 from amazon. Found a mobile installer who will come and fit for £100.

Where did you order your car from and when is it coming ?
Ordered from Reading but only about a month ago so long long wait

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered from Reading but only about a month ago so long long wait
I thought about Reading but ended up much closer at West London Porsche.

Ordered my GTS last week only so 2024 But hope to get the 4S in 2 weeks or so.

Wondered if some dealers have less orders to fulfil I’m sure London will have more given density.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I thought about Reading but ended up much closer at West London Porsche.

Ordered my GTS last week only so 2024 But hope to get the 4S in 2 weeks or so.

Wondered if some dealers have less orders to fulfil I’m sure London will have more given density.
Chiswick is marginally closer for me but thought Reading was a better location for test drives to blast down the M4 to Newbury... no speed cameras on that section :) they are both part of PRG.

What is the spec of the 4S arriving......?
Sponsored