W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Since the "new" PCM has been introduced in February, "new pano roof" has been introduced in April (not full model range) MY23 things are rather step backs MY22/23 in fact as:
- No rear foot lights
- No safety wheel bolts as standard
-No electric steering column below GTS trim

Only one really new thing is the cam pre wire that is nuts.

Reporting new MY for this is useless.
Remember there is still an ongoing supply chain challenge (Ukraine, semi-conductor) hence some of these features are temporarily dropped. Therefore whatever parts they have will be targeted to the higher value cars for production (remember air suspension disappeared for a while and then reappeared).

Pretty sure locking nuts are standard (still).
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
In the video, you see the locking nuts are a $60 option now in the US; I saw this for the first time speccing out my next car and went to check if my current car had them!

Given the overall cost of the car, and the value of the rims on these cars (and other pcars), this seems a little too much like penny pinching.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
In the video, you see the locking nuts are a $60 option now in the US; I saw this for the first time speccing out my next car and went to check if my current car had them!

Given the overall cost of the car, and the value of the rims on these cars (and other pcars), this seems a little too much like penny pinching.
Agree. In the EU it is EUR59,5 with German VAT. But still not a deal breaker. Lets make them happy with this EUR/USD60.
Porsche Taycan MY2023 Taycan changes summary video Képernyőfotó 2022-06-20 - 15.20.42

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I think he forgot to mention that you only get electrically adjustable steering wheel with the 14/18 way seats if you get a GTS or higher trim. Base and 4S get manual adjustment even if you spec those seats.

On RWD and 4S when you click on the ! icon for 14/18 way seats:
Note: The steering column will be manually adjustable. Rear seats are also designed with a sporty look with modified seam pattern and elevated side bolsters.
Not sure which market you’re referring to but in my 2022 4S with 14-way seats the electrical steering column adjustment was included at no addl cost (US based).

EDIT - reading later posts perhaps this is a regressive step I.e. now it is an added cost?!

Reactions: B61

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Agree. In the EU it is EUR59,5 with German VAT. But still not a deal breaker. Lets make them happy with this EUR/USD60.
Képernyőfotó 2022-06-20 - 15.20.42.png
Képernyőfotó 2022-06-20 - 15.20.42.png
Personally, just bump the base cost by $60 and make it standard again.

Feels like Porsche stole product management from Spirit Airlines.

Removing things that would be standard on most cars at this price point to be able advertise the vehicle at a certain price point.

This isn’t a budget car, so why use budget airline tactics?

Btw, less options and more standardization would help with their testing and quality as it relates to the electronics side of things….

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
hmm with no real improvements and certain regressions as others have pointed out, I do wonder if it makes sense to wait a year for MY2024.

If Porsche handles Taycan like they do with their ICE cars, then MY2024 will be the 5th MY and a facelift would be very likely?

At the same time I also agree on the life is too short/enjoy it while you can perspectives. Tough decision!

Reactions: B61

Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lockable wheel bolts were not possible in my configurator by the time I was ordering(I specifically searched for it, knowing Panamera had it), I checked the printout from my order and they are not in standard equipment either. Now this option appeared in cofigurator, but my Taycan is being produced soon, so I can't change configuration. Will I be able to get locking wheel nuts done by dealership after car arrives to them? Or am I screwed? :(

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Pretty underwhelming. Glad to know that I'm paying 3K+ more for these changes when I originally ordered a MY22, and most of them are things taken away.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Yes I know - but not in UK ;-)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Lockable wheel bolts were not possible in my configurator by the time I was ordering(I specifically searched for it, knowing Panamera had it), I checked the printout from my order and they are not in standard equipment either. Now this option appeared in cofigurator, but my Taycan is being produced soon, so I can't change configuration. Will I be able to get locking wheel nuts done by dealership after car arrives to them? Or am I screwed? :(
Ask your dealer to fit them (for free) - no problem to retrofit.

This feels like a stupid decision by Porsche so much so that it must be a mistake!

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ll like to learn more about the pano roof if anyone knows anything much about it. I have MY22 already so won’t be getting the ‘23 but that pano roof sounds like it’s a game changer for those in hot climates who have issues with the intense heat in the summer. The description reminds me of the windows on a Boeing 787. I wonder if it’s the same and if it is, then that’s actually a pretty nice feature to solve the heat problem, albeit at a exorbitant price tag.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The VLC roof essentially goes opaque via LCD crystals (same as 787, and the original pre-cursor to all of this - Maybach some years ago). I don't think it will dramatically reduce heat (glass is already treated for this regardless of Pano roof option). Bottom line is that it is a big piece of glass and it will warm up - likely a reduction but as to how much I don't think anything has been officially printed (yet).

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Specifically for the UK market:
Could anyone confirm if the 14-way seats (Option Q2J) will include electrical steering wheel adjustment?

Thanks...

Option Q2J: Comfort seats (14-way, electric) with memory package

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Specifically for the UK market:
Could anyone confirm if the 14-way seats (Option Q2J) will include electrical steering wheel adjustment?

Thanks...

Option Q2J: Comfort seats (14-way, electric) with memory package
Was about to ask the same question 🤔