Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
The first thing I do when I get mine will be to see if those wheel arch covers can just be pulled off. Looks so much better without the black plastic arches!
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The first thing I do when I get mine will be to see if those wheel arch covers can just be pulled off. Looks so much better without the black plastic arches!
That would be excellent if they are somehow attached without drilled in clip points for the plastic - would be a heck of a lot cheaper fix :)

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
May have mud-understood my post - I was referring to AC charging at EA and other stations when DC chargers were all occupied - in that scenario any boosted charge rate the 19.2 onboard unit could provide would be a great advantage. Fully understand that the 19.2 is AC only. And if it warrants a dedicated 80 A charger in home then less attractive option. From what my SA just told me though it seems that most charging stations like EA in fact do not allow you to make use of this 19.2kW booster and their AC chargers are all 50A! If so then decision made :(
Yeah, that's how I understand it. Seems like public Level 2 charging won't likely take advantage of 19.2kW charging. I don't know if that changes, but I don't really see why it would. If stations want to invest in improving them, it'd be 800V DC or more stalls.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
2022 changes are IMHO underwhelming. IMHO MY 2022 is mostly a chance to negotiate for a better price on remaining MY 2021 inventory.

(unless you need/want android, but you couldn't pay me to replace my iphone with an android device)

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Previously there was a thread with 2022 Taycan changes video I created but was put on hold due to embargo reasons. The video has now be relaunched for those that are interested. Thank you for your support!

As it happens, three of the features he mentioned are available already in my MY 2021 Taycan 4s --
  • Cross traffic warning when backing up.
  • Exit warning after stopping the car and getting ready to open the door.
  • Pan and zoom in the Surround View

I really like the first two.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Forgot to mention that pulling them off likely not a solution unless you can re-position the side marker light that integrates with the front fender arch. When I look at a sedan it is flush with the metal arches but on the CT it is flush with the plastic trim so presumably would be sticking out if plastic removed unless again they can be re-positioned somehow?

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Have a 2022 build with a freeze date in 10 days, one option still confused about is the remote park assist in the 2022 configurator, does one get all the features of the remote park assist if the technology package is selected as seems the remote park assist have multiple items or one only gets active park assist that is shown in the technology package.
Below from my SA

Does Active Parking Support includes Remote Park Assist option?

• No. Vise versa. The Remote Park Assist included Active Parking Support.
On the configurator choosing remote park assist removes the technology package.

• You must select options individually in Tech Pkg once Remote Park is selected.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Below from my SA

Does Active Parking Support includes Remote Park Assist option?

• No. Vise versa. The Remote Park Assist included Active Parking Support.
On the configurator choosing remote park assist removes the technology package.

• You must select options individually in Tech Pkg once Remote Park is selected.
Yes that is my understanding too and (just to be clear), choosing the Tech Pkg of course provides you with Active Parking Support (just not remote parking assist).

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Yes that is my understanding too and (just to be clear), choosing the Tech Pkg of course provides you with Active Parking Support (just not remote parking assist).
That is good to know as could not get a clear answer from the SA here. As I wanted the remote parking assist and also the HUD so I guess I have to choose the remote parking assist package and then choose individual items on the technology package as my freeze is in 4 days and want to get this right. Wonder why they did not just include it in the technology package,

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is good to know as could not get a clear answer from the SA here. As I wanted the remote parking assist and also the HUD so I guess I have to choose the remote parking assist package and then choose individual items on the technology package as my freeze is in 4 days and want to get this right. Wonder why they did not just include it in the technology package,
Agreed - it does seem cumbersome to say the least - Porsche logic :) Having to re-check every sub-menu option whenever you make the slightest change to your build keeps you on your toes!

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I was able to see with the Track Your Dream email link and my Porsche app a day after the built was put in.
I logged in, but all it says is "Your order is created." I've clicked everywhere, and there is nothing more.

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan Changes Summary 1627095412209
Sponsored