MyPorsche app and website showing wrong rear windows status.

Did you ever had the problem with MyPorsche app showing rear windows open after locking your car?

• Yes, I noticed the problem multiple times (1 or both rear windows showing open)

• Yes, I've noticed it a couple time only

• No, I checked I have never had the problem

Results are only viewable after voting.

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hi all

PLEASE SHARE USING THE POLL ABOVE

I know that a few have already complained about this in different threads in this Forum but I am looking for a broader feedback.

Since I received my car early 2023, the MyPorsche app shows randomly the rear windows (either one of them or both) as open whereas the car is locked and windows are closed. After a forced refreshed it will show the correct status (same behaviour for both old Myporsche app and New app)

Easy way to repro:
1- Unlock your car, refresh the app => you should see that the car status is unlocked and also for some reason All windows open
2- Lock the car, force a refresh in the app (slide down) => car will shows locked but 1 or 2 rear windows open
If you refresh in 1 minute or so the windows will then show as closed.

Initially I thought that this was the MyPorsche app on iOS that was bad and it needs a few dozen seconds to refresh. Then, I realised that it is not: I've also seen the issue occurring on MyPorsche website (porsche.com through the browser). So the problem seems more general, meaning Porsche remote servers not getting the right information from the car:
- it cannot be because the car is not communicating properly because the car status does change to "Locked" in MyPorsche. The problem is only with rear windows status
- it could be rear windows sensors being unreliable
- it could be a software bug on how the car sending the information (or remote services interpreting the information)
- it could be a combination of both: rear windows sensor unreliable and a bug in the SW (especially when I also see the front windows showing open when I unlock the car which doesn't make sense, or maybe it does since it is frameless door and windows just relax when you unlock the car? :CWL: )

I opened a case with Porsche Smartmobility and they asked me to go to a Porsche dealer to get my rear windows sensor checked. I am not 100% convinced.

If the problem is with my sensors, and I see that a lot of people in this forum having the problem, it means that the sensors are unreliable but there must be some people NOT having the problem (I can't imagine that all sensors shipped are broken :CWL:)

I added a quick Poll, can you please answer it so we all understand the extent of the problem? (as soon as you answer you will the results :))

Also if anyone got this fixed, please post here to help your fellow Taycan owners :clap:

Thanks!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
just another minor glitch. I've learned to ignore it

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
Hi all

I know that a few have already complained about this in different threads in this Forum but I am looking for a broader feedback.

Since I received my car early 2023, the MyPorsche app shows randomly the rear windows (either one of them or both) as open whereas the car is locked and windows are closed. After a forced refreshed it will show the correct status (same behaviour for both old Myporsche app and New app)

Easy way to repro:
1- Unlock your car, refresh the app => you should see that the car status is unlocked and also for some reason All windows open
2- Lock the car, force a refresh in the app (slide down) => car will shows locked but 1 or 2 rear windows open

Initially I thought that this was the MyPorsche app on iOS that was bad and it needs a few dozen seconds to refresh. Then, I realised that it is not: I've also seen the issue occurring on MyPorsche website (porsche.com through the browser). So the problem seems more general, meaning Porsche remote servers not getting the right information from the car:
- it cannot be because the car is not communicating properly because the car status does change to "Locked" in MyPorsche. The problem is only with rear windows status
- it could be a software bug on how the car sending the information (or remote services interpreting the information)
- it could be a combination of both: rear windows sensor unreliable and a bug in the SW (especially when I also see the front windows showing open when I unlock the car which doesn't make sense, or maybe it does since it is frameless door and windows just relax when you unlock the car? :CWL: )

I opened a case with Porsche Smartmobility and they asked me to go to a Porsche dealer to get my rear windows sensor checked. I am not 100% convinced.

If the problem is with my sensors, and I see that a lot of people in this forum having the problem, it means that the sensors are unreliable but there must be some people NOT having the problem (I can't imagine that all sensors shipped are broken :CWL:)

I added a quick Poll, can you please answer it so we all understand the extent of the problem? (as soon as you answer you will the results :))

Also if anyone got this fixed, please post here to help your fellow Taycan owners :clap:

Thanks!
I used to have the problem frequently, and maybe it’s a coincidence but with the latest MyPorsche app update the problem has not reoccurred.
Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app and website showing wrong rear windows status. IMG_5519

OP
OP
freeforall

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I used to have the problem frequently, and maybe it’s a coincidence but with the latest MyPorsche app update the problem has not reoccurred.
IMG_5519.jpeg
From my side the only difference I see with the new app is the fact it refreshes the status on its own after launching the app: after 10 seconds or so the status will go from red to green (which makes the problem slightly less annoying)
Before the update I had to force a manual refresh by swiping down and wait (sometimes a lot looking to the grey icon spinning)

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all

Easy way to repro:

Thanks!
Check out the method to reset the "Closed" state of the rear windows at this link - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...new-interface-and-functions.18587/post-287187

In my experience this fixes the problem.

OP
OP
freeforall

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Check out the method to reset the "Closed" state of the rear windows at this link - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...new-interface-and-functions.18587/post-287187

In my experience this fixes the problem.
Thanks. If the Closed position is lost the status should never turn to closed. In my case and many others, it just shows the status as open when launching the app and refreshes to closed afterwards. (So it does eventually identify that the status is closed which indicates that the position is not lost)

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Refresh would update the status.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. If the Closed position is lost the status should never turn to closed. In my case and many others, it just shows the status as open when launching the app and refreshes to closed afterwards. (So it does eventually identify that the status is closed which indicates that the position is not lost)
If you wait 30 to 45 seconds it then updates the status to the correct closed state. At least this is how it’s working at my end.

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app and website showing wrong rear windows status. 1706886922301

I performed the last 3 bullets last night and issue resolved. This is from the windows section in the user manual. When the issue happened to me I lost the vehicle status in the app and refreshing did not fix, but after performing the steps, vehicle status returned in the app.
Sponsored