SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
My car is at the airport, the widget hasn’t updated for 16 hours and counting, that was the last time I looked at the app. I’m going to try and leave it alone and see if it does update.

No change in battery % since Saturday, only the range changes slightly up and down presumably because of ambient temperature.
My widget did update of its own accord after about 18 hours.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
You left your car unlocked all night ??
Many of us here in the US park our cars in our garages when not in use and we typically don't lock them when they are in there.

dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
Does the update provide homelink functions? Id love to use a convenient CarPlay button for opening the garage rather than consume a diamond button

OP
OP
jrmuppet

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
My observation regarding the updates is that it happens whenever CarPlay is active regardless of you using the app. That makes sense. And likely has the latest data especially if you have wireless CarPlay active.

so, whenever I leave the car the widget will reflect the current state. Perhaps it also does another check if it’s been over six hours since using the car, like others have reported, I have not noticed that yet.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Many of us here in the US park our cars in our garages when not in use and we typically don't lock them when they are in there.
Not just in the US, common in Germany as well. I think the sentiment is that if someone breaks into your garage, that already constitutes a crime so massive that the car is almost collateral (unless you own a million dollars hypercar or something like that).

Plus, my understanding was that being able to get into the car is pretty far from being able to start it nowadays, maybe I’m naive.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Not just in the US, common in Germany as well. I think the sentiment is that if someone breaks into your garage, that already constitutes a crime so massive that the car is almost collateral (unless you own a million dollars hypercar or something like that).
That's politely saying "we'll shoot you/anyone who trespasses".

(This would have been funnier with the Grand Tour clip on stealing from pickup trucks - E1 S10 tent scene from Nashville. Can't find it on a quick search.)

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
that’s why so many cars are stolen in the home invasion movies I have seen 😂

We live on a small island and especially in London you don’t really get garages (or much of a garden for that matter!).

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I have a two car garage and live in one of the most secure neighborhoods in DC (with gates, guards, etc . . .). I would not dream of leaving my car unlocked ever, even in the garage. There is ZERO advantage for leaving unlocked. Also, we have, on occasion, had people rifle through unlocked cars parked in the driveways (not mine obviously).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Count find epic of my driveway gate closed(see it behind car in 2nd pic) but it's 7ft tall and bolts at night with garage all locked up :) Very secure neighborhood to boot.

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated IMG_6693.JPG

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated IMG_5238

Interior - old pic M4 Vert days!
Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated IMG_6687.JPG

PS: Did update the signs a while back :)!

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated IMG_7443.JPG

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So my app has not updated in a day now. I’ve done the usual reboot and restart of phone but no dice.

Have reported to Porsche might get a reply in a week. Car is charging but doesn’t show anywhere and only way i will know it’s charged is to go out to the car. Frustrating!
Sponsored