First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Firstly, I am no techie!

But the issue you are all having reminds me of an issue I am having with a new Marshall Bluetooth speaker.

It won't connect to the app (just a never ending spinning circle) and is also happening with some iPhone users, despite mentioning Android in the attachment.

Just thought I would throw it in there on case it provides anything of interest......

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions Screenshot_20240321_142020_Chrome
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Firstly, I am no techie!

But the issue you are all having reminds me of an issue I am having with a new Marshall Bluetooth speaker.

It won't connect to the app (just a never ending spinning circle) and is also happening with some iPhone users, despite mentioning Android in the attachment.

Just thought I would throw it in there on case it provides anything of interest......

Screenshot_20240321_142020_Chrome.jpg
I was also doing some reading yesterday about BLE cache on iOS and issues if a device advertises a different name. I'm not sure if that's relevant here, but there is no way to clear the cache - unless the app responds to a update name request.

Lot's of possibilities as to why this happened; only the Porsche iOS team really will be able to figure out why this might have broke with this update. And maybe there are already aware and working on a fix - although the support response I got was to take my car to the dealer...which, no disrespect to my dealer, this wasn't going to be in their wheel house.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
So this may be a total red-herring

Coming back today and parking up, decided to check to see if remote park was still working.

It wasn’t connecting; so I tried the Cayenne, wasn’t connecting.

As you can imagine, was not particularly happy as I had spent the time to reset the phone and re-install.

And then I realized, I had re-installed the Marriott app that morning and it requested Bluetooth access (they use beacons to track your location in the hotel apparently based on a search; NFC is used for the doors).

I disabled it, and the cars connected.

Now, this is the potential red-herring bit, I then renabled the Bluetooth for the Marriott app and the connections to the cars continued to connect - so it could have just been a glitch in the matrix.

If I lose connection again, I will try this again - but thought others might like to try and see what result they got.

Argo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
2 1/2 months since my first post on this remote parking connection failure and on my car/iPhone it's still inoperable.
Had my winter tyres changed to summers and a service at Porsche Geneva this week and I raised the issue with them. They believe it's not a car fault, more a backend Porsche issue and/or something in the app. No immediate solution in sight.....

Last edited:

Visie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 CT 4S
Country flag
There is an update of the app: version 11.0.2
Did this version update solved the problems with remote park assist?
Not for me 🤬
Sponsored

Last edited: