PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I may bite the bullet and do a full phone reset/wipe later this evening. Even though this is a royal PIA.
before doing that, what about removing / unpairing / deleting the iPhone from the car s PCM devices ? Has anyone tried this? I m not at the car now so I can’t try that
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
before doing that, what about removing / unpairing / deleting the iPhone from the car s PCM devices ? Has anyone tried this? I m not at the car now so I can’t try that
I tried that / burnt it all down - pairings, deleted profile from car, deleted app etc and made no difference on my Cayenne and Taycan.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you use remote parking function much?
No.

1. If I need, want to know it works
2. The engineer in me and my OCD can’t tolerate knowing I have something that isn’t working as it should :)

I honestly specified the option in case I ever got a garage in future that would require I have it.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No.

2. The engineer in me and my OCD can’t tolerate knowing I have something that isn’t working as it should :)

I honestly specified the option in case I ever got a garage in future that would require I have it.
Or it may have been part of a bundle; my memory fades :)

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No.

Maybe it stops working due to lack of use....
:facepalm:

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IT WORKS! Until I restored it again that is....

Deleted account from car (did this on my Cayenne & Taycan)
Deleted pairing from car (did this on my Cayenne & Taycan)
Reset phone (removed content/settings)
Waited 15 minutes+
Logged back into the car (and paired phone/enabled car play)
Exited vehicle and it connected!

UPDATE: I am about to verify this has also resolved issue with my Cayenne Verified Cayenne also now works; always phone to do a remote start on the GT when its cold :)

Once that is done, I intend trying a restore of my phone to see if it still works (and therefore can avoid all the effort of setting it up as a new phone).

UPDATE: Restoring the iPhone broke it again. Going to reset phone yet again and see if it returns to working.

Wish me luck....

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
IT WORKS! Until I restored it again that is....

Deleted account from car (did this on my Cayenne & Taycan)
Deleted pairing from car (did this on my Cayenne & Taycan)
Reset phone (removed content/settings)
Waited 15 minutes+
Logged back into the car (and paired phone/enabled car play)
Exited vehicle and it connected!

UPDATE: I am about to verify this has also resolved issue with my Cayenne Verified Cayenne also now works; always phone to do a remote start on the GT when its cold :)

Once that is done, I intend trying a restore of my phone to see if it still works (and therefore can avoid all the effort of setting it up as a new phone).

UPDATE: Restoring the iPhone broke it again. Going to reset phone yet again and see if it returns to working.

Wish me luck....
Seems like there may be some garbage being left behind by the Porsche app that causes issues even after a delete and reinstall. Does anyone know how to clean up the leftovers after deleting the app?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like there may be some garbage being left behind by the Porsche app that causes issues even after a delete and reinstall. Does anyone know how to clean up the leftovers after deleting the app?
Normally all app data should be within its own resource pool. Which just made me wonder about something, I have : My Porsche, My Porsche Essentials, Roads and Track Precision. I believe My Porsche Essentials got deprecated; but I'm going to delete all these and see what happens.

DID NOT CHANGE RESULT

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Normally all app data should be within its own resource pool. Which just made me wonder about something, I have : My Porsche, My Porsche Essentials, Roads and Track Precision. I believe My Porsche Essentials got deprecated; but I'm going to delete all these and see what happens.

DID NOT CHANGE RESULT
Have you tried excluding MyPorsche from backup and then doing a reload and restore?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried excluding MyPorsche from backup and then doing a reload and restore?
I havent tried that yet; but I have noticed that items get written to the keychain. I have just deleted those; deleted the app; deleted the accounts from both cars and about to try and now reconnect.

if that doesn't work, that was going to be something I tried next. My concern is that if the data is not stored in the context of the My Porsche app, but stored somewhere else, that this won't have any different impact to just deleting the app.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
This may be a complete shot in the dark, but do you have the old Porsche connect app installed? Try deleting it in that case.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This may be a complete shot in the dark, but do you have the old Porsche connect app installed? Try deleting it in that case.
Nope

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did, but I deleted everything Porsche - as per my prior post.

in the end, i gave up and reset the phone and re-installed everything and that appears to have fixed it. Was a bit of a pain, but was an opportunity to start again with a clean slate with regards to what apps I actually I have on my phone.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I did, but I deleted everything Porsche - as per my prior post.

in the end, i gave up and reset the phone and re-installed everything and that appears to have fixed it. Was a bit of a pain, but was an opportunity to start again with a clean slate with regards to what apps I actually I have on my phone.
Hopefully, this is not the routine we must follow after every release!
Sponsored