sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
Today a saw a list with new features about Taycan MY 2021.

> remote parking, automatisiertes Parken (also with app)
> 22kw loader (i think this is for EU Version important only? I am not sure) für Wechselstrom
> Luftfederung mit PASM (remember where it shall lift up or down, with navigation)
> new colors (you already know! From Hongkong Store)
> DAB Radio ist jetzt Serie
> 150kw wird Serie
> new colors for seats
> neue Fussmatten (Race-Tex, ....)
> Head-up Display
> update for PSCB Break (6 Kolben Alu-Monobloc Bremssättel, 410mm Scheiben hinten)
> more new colors for seatbelt
> ...

>> Carplay Wireless won‘t come this year?! >> Porsche say end of 2021, but i think it will come earlier. Hope with OTA, what do you think?
Hi Andreas,
Do you know what the ordering codes are for
1) remote parking, automatisiertes Parken (also with app)
2) Luftfederung mit PASM (remember where it shall lift up or down, with navigation)
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I understand, but that would be a bit strange... maybe in some countries it is different. Let's keep an eye on it. Until now i didn't find it in the configurator in germany or austria. I will write here, when you can choose these new options.
I had my sales rep place an inquiry with Porsche Germany:
In the German configurator for the Cayenne the active Park assist can be combined with the LCA. No problem at all.
That made me consider that the still unreleased configurator for MY21 maybe has a bug and therefore does not allow the combination of both.
My sales rep thinks so, too. And initial reaction by the contact person at Porsche Germany has been the very same. But they will now look into it and get back to us ASAP.

BrummBrumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
According to some rumors, German Taycan configurator will be switched to MY2021 in calendar week 34 (week of August, 17th) and production will be switched in week 39 (week of September, 14th).

22kW charger should be available at same time (for some markets).

Btw, LG Chem has started mass production of NCM712 cells in Poland for VW group one month ago; I don't know if there are plans to replace current NCM622 cells.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
According to some rumors, German Taycan configurator will be switched to MY2021 in calendar week 34 (week of August, 17th) and production will be switched in week 39 (week of September, 14th).

22kW charger should be available at same time (for some markets).

Btw, LG Chem has started mass production of NCM712 cells in Poland for VW group one month ago; I don't know if there are plans to replace current NCM622 cells.
@BrummBrumm thanks for the info. I heard same rumors with the only difference that 22kW charger will be available later than expected - since 1st week of October.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
@BrummBrumm thanks for the info. I heard same rumors with the only difference that 22kW charger will be available later than expected - since 1st week of October.
And I in return heard that 22 kW will NOT be available in 2020 even when it’s a MY21.
and that happens to coincide with an Audi press release that the 22kW charger will become available for all e-tron models with the upcoming introduction of the e-tron S in the fall, but that the 22 kW will NOT be available this year.
I guess the very same on-board charger will be used for Taycan and e-tron.
Latest info for my Taycan is that production will be finished by Sept 28th. I would be really mad if the 22 kW charger became available a week later or so?!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I cant see this being introduced anytime soon. Porsche have bigger problems to solve with the software.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I cant see this being introduced anytime soon. Porsche have bigger problems to solve with the software.
Spoke to the connect customer services yesterday about all the software issues. They have been inundated with complaints about the Taycan and the various software and remote services issues. They said Porsche are aware and are working on resolving. Whether that’s true or jot us another thing - but at least they are aware.

BrummBrumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I don't think that a big company works serially. 22 kW charger was already promised when Taycan was officially introduced (1 year back, they stated it might be ordered from calendar week 25 (at earliest)). When new base model (rear wheel drive) was introduced in China few weeks ago, it was stated that the 22 kW charger will be an option.

Btw, the reason why Porsche is late with the 22 kW charger is due to the fact that this will be a complete new design, other manufacturers simply combine two legacy 11 kW chargers.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer said the configurator for Norway would be up by July and when I asked him again by sms last week, he said he thought it would be up "soon". If it doesn't happen for another month, I might as well start the process sooner rather than later.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It would be great to be able to suck down 40miles of charge at a stop over at a store with an AC charging spot that supported 22kw but for home use it’s going to be even more rare. Our voltage caps at 240v which means you’d need a 110amp circuit at home to charge at 22kw. Many residential panels cap at 200amps and even on my house with 400amp panels, running a 110amp circuit wouldn’t be possible with how my loads are distributed. Let alone the work involved in running wire that thick to the garage.
you can come close with the J-1772 AC L2 charging standard -it supports up to 19.2 kW (100 amp breaker - 80 amp charge rate) - my original 2013 Model S P85D supported 19.2 kW charge rate with dual chargers - and it was nice and quick on an 80 amp charger.

I'm not concerned about 22 kW - 19.2 would be fine for me!!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this should be able to charge a North American 22 kW Taycan @ 19.2 kW

https://store.clippercreek.com/level2/level2-40-to-80/80-amp-charging-liberty-enabled

pricy but fast!

alternatively a Gen1 or Gen2 Tesla High Powered Wall Connector + 80amp JDapter/TEsla Tap could also probably charge a 22 kW Taycan @ 19.2 kW

19.2 kW would fully charge a zero % Taycan in about 5 hours, 6 max - again that is from zero %f

YCRMY - we don't have a 22 kW Taycan to play with - I haven't tested it - and I don't know how/when Porsche will deliver it - but 19.2 kW is pretty fast and faster than some "dealer" 100 amp DC Fast chargers…several local dealers have "DC fast chargers" that are like 14 kW chargers - better than your average L2 charger (which are 7.2 or 9.6) but by no means "fast" by my definition.

Last edited:

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Interesting development I've noticed recently. I have now started seeing 24kw DC charging stations pop up. That is basically the DC equivalent of a slow charger. But the big advantage is that basically almost every EV gets max from that, while with 22kw AC many of them are stuck with 11kw. Just something to note perhaps. At least it's a thing here.

For home charging anything over 11kw is in my opinion totally useless. Of no practical advantage. But for roadtrips this matters so it's important to look at the developments in public charger networks.

That being said, what I really want to see is just more 150kw+ charging stations. Those are great. I don't understand why they call 50kw stations "quick chargers". They are mediocre, not quick. 150kw+ is the real deal.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello there,

What advantage would the switch bring? Less weight...?

Cheers,
Henrik

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Singularity - I've given much thought to a Residential CCS DC Fast charger for like $1200/$1500 - it by passes all the L2 charging limits and most EV's can charge from CCS at 50 kW or more - a residential model would be limited to the 12-18 kW range - but that's way better than the 5.6, 7.2 or 9.6 kW charging rate of most EV's

I'd love such a product as a method for home charging - I believe the elephant in the room is critical mass of enough Fast DC EV's to make it worth while as a market segment - and right now Tesla has sooo many more EV's than anyone else and no CCS story - so any product can only tap a very small minority of the market…that will change over time but right now if it doesn't work for a Tesla I think it's a non starter…

two things can change that
  1. more non-Tesla EV's in the market creating a bigger CCS EV home charger market
  2. a Tesla CCS adapter - guess you could go the Chademo adapter route for the Tesla market - 14-18 kw is well below the 50 kW limit for Chademo - the charger would have to have both connectors - or optional Chademo connector and then it would be "universal" for the North American market.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Singularity - I've given much thought to a Residential CCS DC Fast charger for like $1200/$1500 - it by passes all the L2 charging limits and most EV's can charge from CCS at 50 kW or more - a residential model would be limited to the 12-18 kW range - but that's way better than the 5.6, 7.2 or 9.6 kW charging rate of most EV's

I'd love such a product as a method for home charging - I believe the elephant in the room is critical mass of enough Fast DC EV's to make it worth while as a market segment - and right now Tesla has sooo many more EV's than anyone else and no CCS story - so any product can only tap a very small minority of the market…that will change over time but right now if it doesn't work for a Tesla I think it's a non starter…

two things can change that
  1. more non-Tesla EV's in the market creating a bigger CCS EV home charger market
  2. a Tesla CCS adapter - guess you could go the Chademo adapter route for the Tesla market - 14-18 kw is well below the 50 kW limit for Chademo - the charger would have to have both connectors - or optional Chademo connector and then it would be "universal" for the North American market.
Nissan is switching to CCS in their next EV, the Aryia. So I think CHAdeMO is going the way of Beta in the US market.
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...fast-charging-makes-chademo-a-legacy-standard
Sponsored