daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yes I know Chademo is not long for this world - Nissan admitted as much a year or two ago - but at the moment it's the path to compatibility with the Tesla world - I'm not enthused about it - just at the moment it's pragmatic…

EVGo has retrofitted some of their chargers essentially with a "built-in" Tesla Chademo Adatper to provide fast charging to the Tesla community…so it's a compatibility bridge for non-Tesla fast chargers.
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes I know Chademo is not long for this world - Nissan admitted as much a year or two ago - but at the moment it's the path to compatibility with the Tesla world - I'm not enthused about it - just at the moment it's pragmatic…

EVGo has retrofitted some of their chargers essentially with a "built-in" Tesla Chademo Adatper to provide fast charging to the Tesla community…so it's a compatibility bridge for non-Tesla fast chargers.
Yes I knew if the EVgo effort. I have mixed feelings actually. Tesla owners speak of having the best charging network and it's of course proprietary as it's primarily funded by Tesla itself with portions of its car sales paying for the network and fees collected for newer cars. But then Tesla owners wish to use the public network on busy weekends. As we all know the public network is not scaled to the likes of Tesla. Having those Chargers contain Tesla compatibility will only mean their use at contentious times and kill the public network at those times and not bringing very much money for those public charge providers. I would be fine with the idea if Tesla also wished to open their chargers to non Tesla vehicles oh, but I don't see that happening as it's a key marketing feature.
This is all just my opinion by the way. I have test driven the Tesla Model S twice but never decided to purchase one, I have many friends with Tesla's and I think they have great technology, of that there is no doubt. I think Porsche knows how to build cars better and that is why I will pay more money to get one even though I am in the tech industry I value hardware. ;)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm taking a more simplistic approach - let the network demand collapse both networks - and then the problem will get solved - one of the great unsung accomplishments of iPhone (and subsequently Android) was wrestling control of the network away from the Network provider - until the iPhone came along the network providers were gatekeepers of what was allowed on their network, and they wouldn't allow the network to be overwhelmed by new apps - so no new apps ever showed up

the early days of the iPhone were marred by 'bad network' congestion problems - but once it becomes clear the phones weren't going to go away - the providers suddenly started working to improve the network and now in 2020 we're on the cusp of 5G and have more wireless bandwidth available than anyone ever considered possible in 2008…

let them come, let them overwelm the network, let there be pain & suffering - it will spur the providers to do better because it will then prove a business case for the usage…timid rarely leads to dramatic improvement - the key to EV's is a robust charging network for when you're outside your daily use case - that will not happen painlessly - but it has to happen…

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, I just realized this is the 2021 Taycan New Features thread, we are going we at off topic @daveo4EV. I think we should start a new thread if we want to continue. ;)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my apologies - I agree we're on a new topic.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
And I in return heard that 22 kW will NOT be available in 2020 even when it’s a MY21.
and that happens to coincide with an Audi press release that the 22kW charger will become available for all e-tron models with the upcoming introduction of the e-tron S in the fall, but that the 22 kW will NOT be available this year.
I guess the very same on-board charger will be used for Taycan and e-tron.
Latest info for my Taycan is that production will be finished by Sept 28th. I would be really mad if the 22 kW charger became available a week later or so?!
This seems to be correct as I am able to get my car which is getting a September build spot with one of the new colours. I am hoping that the UK configurator is going to change soon.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
This seems to be correct as I am able to get my car which is getting a September build spot with one of the new colours. I am hoping that the UK configurator is going to change soon.
Honestly, this should not bother most people. 22KW AC charging would mostly be useful at public chargers. Those locations should have DC 50KW so better to use that. AC at 7.2KW at home is more than enough, & 11KW three phase AC is perfect for the office. This suits me perfectly, I realise some people will be different I guess.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Still hoping for the 22kW charger. Arriving with low SoC having 2-3h left before moving was one of my repeating Tesla S use cases. I do agree that charging at home at 11kW should be good enough in most cases, unless one is a night owl.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, this should not bother most people. 22KW AC charging would mostly be useful at public chargers. Those locations should have DC 50KW so better to use that. AC at 7.2KW at home is more than enough, & 11KW three phase AC is perfect for the office. This suits me perfectly, I realise some people will be different I guess.
I’m more interested in the new options :)

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today a saw a list with new features about Taycan MY 2021.

> remote parking, automatisiertes Parken (also with app)
> 22kw loader (i think this is for EU Version important only? I am not sure) für Wechselstrom
> Luftfederung mit PASM (remember where it shall lift up or down, with navigation)
> new colors (you already know! From Hongkong Store)
> DAB Radio ist jetzt Serie
> 150kw wird Serie
> new colors for seats
> neue Fussmatten (Race-Tex, ....)
> Head-up Display
> update for PSCB Break (6 Kolben Alu-Monobloc Bremssättel, 410mm Scheiben hinten)
> more new colors for seatbelt
> ...

>> Carplay Wireless won‘t come this year?! >> Porsche say end of 2021, but i think it will come earlier. Hope with OTA, what do you think?

Also heated front seats will be standard

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Now the German configurator for MY21 is online!
LCA is indeed included in the active parking assistant.
150 kW DCDC converter included as standard equipment as well as mobile charger connect as a free option. But base price adjusted accordingly.
Standard features still says 11 kW AC. 22 kW AC not listed as Option.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Oh boy. It feels like christmas is here! It's unfortunately not active for Norway yet, though.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Now the German configurator for MY21 is online!
LCA is indeed included in the active parking assistant.
150 kW DCDC converter included as standard equipment as well as mobile charger connect as a free option. But base price adjusted accordingly.
Standard features still says 11 kW AC. 22 kW AC not listed as Option.
c'mon USA, please be next :headbang:

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
Country flag
I configured my car with the 2021 changes, Rear heated seats are now included within the price for front seats £308, there was nothing about the 22kw charger. HUD was over £1100 so I gave that a miss.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I configured my car with the 2021 changes, Rear heated seats are now included within the price for front seats £308
I still have to include "sitzheizung vorne" (seat heating in front) on my 4s. Are you speccing out a Turbo?
Sponsored