Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
I’m having the debate about Sport Chrono with myself at the moment. As far as I can tell, I don’t believe you lose anything without Sport Chrono apart the Sport+ setting. Launch control works in Sport on non-SC. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but you can probably set the car for the most aggressive settings equivalent to Sport+ using “Individual”.

In case you didn’t know as I didn’t, you can change the doorsill guards to black aluminium at no cost. I mention it as you have gone for black inserts and window surrounds. The doorsills are also partially visible from inside the car.

Just one thing you might want to think about depending on the mileage you do is upgrading to 150kw charging on 400V chargers. You might be kicking yourself if Tesla open up the Supercharger network which they have piloted in Holland as they use 400V architecture. The standard charger only enables you to charge up to 50KW on 400V I believe.
Thanks, this is really useful! I need to look at SC pack again, as if you are correct then that changes things. I will also check out the sills options as well.

Charging wise, I have a couple of work bases which are around 70 miles return journey, one is within walking distance and all have pod point chargers which is useful! So range limits not an issue unless I do some trips but can manage them.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I picked up my RWD in August and here is my take. Although it's all very personal :

Surround view - essential for parking in UK. (I did spec/would spec).

Rear wheel steering and folding mirrors - if you have tight parking issues. It's a big car. (I didn't spec steering, did mirrors/same again).

Heated steering wheel - if you have this and heated seats you can lower the cabin temp and extend range. (I didn't spec/would spec).

Bose - apparently the base system is poor. (I specced/would spec)

Air suspension - the saloon is low and really useful for speed bumps etc (I specced/would spec).

Sport Chrono - don't see much point in the Taycan for me. (I didn't spec/wouldn't spec)

Sport sound - disliked it in test drive. Enjoy the peace of an EV (Didn't spec / def wouldnt spec)

Storeage pack - there is precious little cabin Storeage in Saloon (specced / would spec).

150kw charger - essential Imo.

Bigger battery - ditto.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I picked up my RWD in August and here is my take. Although it's all very personal :

Surround view - essential for parking in UK. (I did spec/would spec).

Rear wheel steering and folding mirrors - if you have tight parking issues. It's a big car. (I didn't spec steering, did mirrors/same again).

Heated steering wheel - if you have this and heated seats you can lower the cabin temp and extend range. (I didn't spec/would spec).

Bose - apparently the base system is poor. (I specced/would spec)

Air suspension - the saloon is low and really useful for speed bumps etc (I specced/would spec).

Sport Chrono - don't see much point in the Taycan for me. (I didn't spec/wouldn't spec)

Sport sound - disliked it in test drive. Enjoy the peace of an EV (Didn't spec / def wouldnt spec)

Storeage pack - there is precious little cabin Storeage in Saloon (specced / would spec).

150kw charger - essential Imo.

Bigger battery - ditto.
PS - Dont forget that James is spec'ing a 4CT not a RWD and options are different between these models. CT has air suspension already. Bigger battery already. Storage Pack (not an option on CT) Black Ali Sills (from previous poster) do cost more on a CT4 but not more on a 4SCT

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thanks all,

Some good points on the options.

The sports chrono one is interesting, I did like the driving mode options in my previous cars (X5M, M5, M3) but is it different in an Electric car to an ICE one I wonder? What else do you lose by not having this? As well as the drive modes I would also lose the GT multifunction sports steering wheel, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery?
You still have the driving modes with the Chrono - but somewhat limited. The instant power is basically the same in all modes. The big difference is the suspension.

What is "Porsche Active Aerodynamics"? The temperature control of the battery is the same. You also have sports mode and your have the suspension of sports plus. You also have the same launch control.

Chrono gives you the clock, the dial on the steering wheel and individual mode. That's it.

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
I assumed that the Porsche Active Aerodynamics might be the spoiler. I found the below:

"The Taycan is fitted with the Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) system, consisting of an adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes, specifically for dynamic driving. Depending on the situation, the rear spoiler extends in three stages: at 56 mph, 99 mph, and 124 mph, it demonstrates where an electric vehicle becomes a sports car and a sports car becomes a Porsche."
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/aerodynamics-18554.html

So is this standard or just with SC pack I wonder? My assumption is it's standard but perhaps configurable with the SC pack?

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I assumed that the Porsche Active Aerodynamics might be the spoiler. I found the below:

"The Taycan is fitted with the Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) system, consisting of an adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes, specifically for dynamic driving. Depending on the situation, the rear spoiler extends in three stages: at 56 mph, 99 mph, and 124 mph, it demonstrates where an electric vehicle becomes a sports car and a sports car becomes a Porsche."

So is this standard or just with SC pack I wonder? My assumption is it's standard but perhaps configurable with the SC pack?
I’m pretty sure it’s the pre-set optimal tuning of active aero when in Sport+ rather than losing the active aero altogether. However, you’ve raised another question for me and that is do you lose “Individual”? It seems that you do. I could live without Sport+ and perhaps even the convenience of the toggle button but not being able to create a pre-set configuration based on how I would most regularly drive the car would be a big loss. Having thought about this for a few days now, I originally spec’d my build with SC and I don’t think I’ll change. A lot of people say it’s pointless but I think, on balance, it’s probably something I’d use a lot plus the compass on the dash was the only specific compliment my wife made about the interior of the car when she test drove it!

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

The spoiler on the CT doesn't move just so you know.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I’m pretty sure it’s the pre-set optimal tuning of active aero when in Sport+ rather than losing the active aero altogether. However, you’ve raised another question for me and that is do you lose “Individual”? It seems that you do. I could live without Sport+ and perhaps even the convenience of the toggle button but not being able to create a pre-set configuration based on how I would most regularly drive the car would be a big loss. Having thought about this for a few days now, I originally spec’d my build with SC and I don’t think I’ll change. A lot of people say it’s pointless but I think, on balance, it’s probably something I’d use a lot plus the compass on the dash was the only specific compliment my wife made about the interior of the car when she test drove it!
If the wife needs the dash thing, than why ask all the questions? :CWL:

"Individual" mode only comes with Crono.

Switz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Country flag
I'm looking at getting a Taycan 4s CT via work salary sacrifice too. Are people getting theirs via Zenith/Tusker etc? Our company is about to switch from Zenith to Tusker. Zenith are currently offering the Taycan 4S CT, 10000miles pa, insurance, maintenance, tyres etc for £675 nett for 2yrs, no deposit. I'm thinking that's a good deal but wondered how that compared to others via SS?

That's without any options of course but a base price for comparison. Thanks for your help :)

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks all,

Some good points on the options.

The sports chrono one is interesting, I did like the driving mode options in my previous cars (X5M, M5, M3) but is it different in an Electric car to an ICE one I wonder? What else do you lose by not having this? As well as the drive modes I would also lose the GT multifunction sports steering wheel, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery?

Electric sport sound - looked into this and it does seem feedback from most is that initially it's good but after a while is a bit of a gimmick.

BOSE sound - whilst i appreciate sound systems, it's not a biggy for me personally to have this and would rather spend elsewhere.

So, spent some time reviewing and have come up with a revised options list already! Still undecided on the alloys, I am leaning towards aftermarket option if that is viable. But if I dont it will be:

- White
- 20" Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- Park assist with surround view
- Sports Chrono Pack
- Side window trims in high gloss black
- Electric charing cover
good choices James. I have similar spec and really pleased with it. The black trim and inlays really make it in my view (and the pano roof). Electric port cover is more of a gimmick but I would spec it again. I agonised over Bose but didn’t go for it. The basic media sound is ok but not amazing.

The other option I would recommend is rear wheel steering. I think it’s a noticeable driving improvement especially in tight UK car parks.

I got park assist with the basic reversing camera (not surround) and its pretty rubbish - better than nothing but disappointing. Others seem to feel the surround version is better so I would suggest worth paying the extra for that.

Porsche Taycan New here and about to order... CE4EC392-34A9-4FB3-B837-5FB9C4BCD0BA

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
I'm looking at getting a Taycan 4s CT via work salary sacrifice too. Are people getting theirs via Zenith/Tusker etc? Our company is about to switch from Zenith to Tusker. Zenith are currently offering the Taycan 4S CT, 10000miles pa, insurance, maintenance, tyres etc for £675 nett for 2yrs, no deposit. I'm thinking that's a good deal but wondered how that compared to others via SS?

That's without any options of course but a base price for comparison. Thanks for your help :)
I have spent a few weeks now researching schemes for work and doing some due-diligence and so i'm in a much better position now on EV SS schemes than I was before!

In a nutshell there are many personal factors that influence the pricing through a SS scheme, to name a few:
- Salary tax band
- DOB and post code (for the built-in insurance)
- Employer setup - by this I mean whether the employer opts to put money into the scheme to make it cheaper for employees. Employers (mostly) can claim back VAT on payments and choose to pass it on, they also can choose to pass on NI contributions as well - both make it cheaper for the employee.
*Edit* - Also pension, this one is not clear to me yet, but I believe if someone's pension is not salary sacrifice also, as the Car SS Scheme reduces your gross salary then your pension contributions would reduce also. Means net take home would be less but your pension pot suffers.

£675 on one for 10k mpa over 2yrs suggests to me that you earn over £100k, live in a insurance friendly area and your employer is putting both claimed VAT and NI savings back into scheme to benefit employees. Basically that is dirt cheap!

Zenith wouldn't meet with us as they said we would need a min of 3k employees, but I have met with Tusker, Octopus, LoveElectric, ElectricCarScheme and WeeVee to assess them.

From what I have seen the equivalent best quote compared to yours is around £950 for 10k mpa over 24 months. But as I said it's dependant on the above factors, hence the dirt cheap comment.

Last edited:

Switz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Country flag
I have spent a few weeks now researching schemes for work and doing some due-diligence and so i'm in a much better position now on EV SS schemes than I was before!

In a nutshell there are many personal factors that influence the pricing through a SS scheme, to name a few:
- Salary tax band
- DOB and post code (for the built-in insurance)
- Employer setup - by this I mean whether the employer opts to put money into the scheme to make it cheaper for employees. Employers (mostly) can claim back VAT on payments and choose to pass it on, they also can choose to pass on NI contributions as well - both make it cheaper for the employee.

£675 on one for 10k mpa over 2yrs suggests to me that you earn over £100k, live in a insurance friendly area and your employer is putting both claimed VAT and NI savings back into scheme to benefit employees. Basically that is dirt cheap!

Zenith wouldn't meet with us as they said we would need a min of 3k employees, but I have met with Tusker, Octopus, LoveElectric, ElectricCarScheme and WeeVee to assess them.

From what I have seen the equivalent best quote compared to yours is around £950 for 10k mpa over 24 months. But as I said it's dependant on the above factors, hence the dirt cheap comment.
Thanks for your reply. Very true that it depends on your personal factors. I'm 40% taxpayer so there are savings to be had with an SS. I do live in an insurance friendly area, nearly 40yrs old and I have no idea about my employer re VAT/NI savings but sounds like they do as you suggest.

I must admit I got carried away with the quote and hadn't clicked update for the 10,000 miles pa option. So it is in fact £675pm or 8,000 miles and £705 for 10,000 but still good like you say.

Now to convince my wife.....!

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Thanks for your reply. Very true that it depends on your personal factors. I'm 40% taxpayer so there are savings to be had with an SS. I do live in an insurance friendly area, nearly 40yrs old and I have no idea about my employer re VAT/NI savings but sounds like they do as you suggest.

I must admit I got carried away with the quote and hadn't clicked update for the 10,000 miles pa option. So it is in fact £675pm or 8,000 miles and £705 for 10,000 but still good like you say.

Now to convince my wife.....!
That's excellent then, i'm on 40% tax band too but my employer can't claim back the VAT due to our public sector status and so we only are able to put the NI contribution saving back in.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
The overwhelming joy of the configurator only truly becomes apparent after your build is locked in! ?. It’s impossible to stay away as you wait!

Advice I got;

Model designation in Black as well. Seen a few white cars with the black gloss window surround but model designation in silver. I always assume it’s been a mistake!

Sportssound, no right answer here! A few people have commented it’s a good audible reminder of speed, which u may not otherwise have noted! Likewise it makes pedestrians more aware. They were good enough reasons for me to add.

AC and DC charging upgrades. I took advice from some very experienced EV users and was told they were must adds if you need to charge it away from home. Certainly in Scotland there’s 22kw free charging everywhere (for just now)!

I’ve seen a few RWDs with £25k plus options which seems insane but it just show’s the value of personalisation. We’ll all get the car we want and if you’re not bothered about resale and the govt is paying 1/2 then why not fill your boots!! So I added Porsche Crests on the seat. Wanted it as a kid, and it was a few pounds a month.

I regret not getting memory seats and mood lighting fwiw.

My car is awaiting pick up so all that was based on friends advice.

Good luck!!

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
£705 for a 4S over 4 years at 10k miles! Fully maintained & ensured?
Sounds superb!
Sponsored