Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes but not here :

1648290180307.png

The Apple Music icon should be replaced by "Media" with both configurations for Apple Music and Spotify.
Yes but that's no guarantee either. The web and the app are disjointed. Example - I have a recall listed on My Porsche web but not on the App.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The icon once / if available should appear in Media along side Apple Music and Podcasts. It's a long shot but be patient a while longer.

Seems odd to let folk link accounts for MYs and build that may not be compatible given they know our VIN so I remain a little optimistic.
+1

Nico_rhns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
I just noticed the MyPorsche app now shows the "Supports Apple Wallet" which seems to indicate Apple CarKey support is incoming.

Let's hope the hardware is already build in to current production cars.

Porsche Taycan New MyPorsche and PCM additions - Mar 25 2022 IMG_941710C918AF-1

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I just noticed the MyPorsche app now shows the "Supports Apple Wallet" which seems to indicate Apple CarKey support is incoming.

IMG_941710C918AF-1.jpeg
That would be great but I think more likely it would be a potential replacement for the Porsche Charging Service card (in Europe) and its introduction in US. Allowing for tap to charge at chargers that don't support Plug & Charge.

Nico_rhns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
That would be great but I think more likely it would be a potential replacement for the Porsche Charging Service card (in Europe) and its introduction in US. Allowing for tap to charge at chargers that don't support Plug & Charge.
The Charging Service card should already be redundant since Plug & Charge was launched last year.
I have high CarKey hopes ?

Oliver Blume recently talked about more project together with Apple: https://www.macrumors.com/2022/03/18/porsche-considering-joint-projects-with-apple/

and the following Audi article (in Dutch) talks about UWB for keys (used by CarKey) launching "soon": https://www.nl.audi.be/be/web/nl/magazine/technology/audi-connect-key.html

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_941710C918AF-1.jpeg
Interesting I am not seeing this in the MyPorsche App - looked under Services etc. but only Calendar/Apple Music/Apple Podcasts/Spotify there at this time - am I looking in the wrong place - or perhaps EU specific at this time?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to note that I believe in another thread one more recently purchased CT 4S owner had Spotify linked both here in the Web site portal and on his app whereas for my car (build Nov 2021) it has appeared in the app but not on the web portal - but too early to mean anything definitive as yet I suspect.

Porsche Taycan New MyPorsche and PCM additions - Mar 25 2022 Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 2.57.03 PM

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The Charging Service card should already be redundant since Plug & Charge was launched last year.
I have high CarKey hopes ?

Oliver Blume recently talked about more project together with Apple: https://www.macrumors.com/2022/03/18/porsche-considering-joint-projects-with-apple/

and the following Audi article (in Dutch) talks about UWB for keys (used by CarKey) launching "soon": https://www.nl.audi.be/be/web/nl/magazine/technology/audi-connect-key.html
Carkey would be great along with better CarPlay integration (like in BMW: https://www.macrumors.com/2021/09/03/bmw-i4-integrated-carplay-instrument-cluster/) where navigation is shown in the HUD. Unfortunately I doubt it’s coming to the Taycan soon but would love to be wrong!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Interesting I am not seeing this in the MyPorsche App - looked under Services etc. but only Calendar/Apple Music/Apple Podcasts/Spotify there at this time - am I looking in the wrong place - or perhaps EU specific at this time?
Its in the iOS App Store listing for the app – not in the app itself. Which just means the app has registered the relevant "entitlement" in XCode to gain access to the Wallet when the latest version was compiled and pushed up to the app store.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Just to note that I believe in another thread one more recently purchased CT 4S owner had Spotify linked both here in the Web site portal and on his app whereas for my car (build Nov 2021) it has appeared in the app but not on the web portal - but too early to mean anything definitive as yet I suspect.

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 2.57.03 PM.png
Earlier this month, I had the Spotify option in the web portal, just checked and it's no longer there. Also a Nov 21 build.

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had the MyPorsche app update about a week ago and just like everyone else I was able to link Spotify but not selectable in the car.

Yesterday got an infotainment update (version 5.0 21). Installed but still don't see any visible differences. Apart from the info on the screen does anyone know how to search what the update does
Porsche Taycan New MyPorsche and PCM additions - Mar 25 2022 20220326_175023
. Could not find anything online

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Would be nice if there was a release notes page where more information of the updates would be located.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Has anyone been able to use their Spotify account in the car yet? I think its now been around 2 weeks since the link showed up on the app, but I still can’t see anything in my car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has anyone been able to use their Spotify account in the car yet? I think its now been around 2 weeks since the link showed up on the app, but I still can’t see anything in my car.
Nope - looks like it is tied into PCM version / build.

As an aside, I have noticed that My Porsche App now displays both Ionity and Porsche 320 / 350 kW EVSEs now in UK (missing for some months).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I am able to use spotify via car play
Sponsored