PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Saw a new PCM icon layout and colors in the new Taycan ST video.

Looks like we getting an update to the PCM soon I guess. Hopefully it’s not just a layout update, but also a simpler user interface and some new functions. Time will tell ?

Porsche Taycan New layout/updated PCM 8D38A390-0A7A-4121-8F0F-33DD2D0B14B1
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Looks like we getting an update to the PCM soon I guess. Hopefully it’s not just a layout update, but also a simpler user interface and some new functions. Time will tell ?

8D38A390-0A7A-4121-8F0F-33DD2D0B14B1.png
That would be great...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

8D38A390-0A7A-4121-8F0F-33DD2D0B14B1.png
The pictures have been in the configurator for months now. I wouldn't get too excited as this is still PCM 6. I would not be at all surprised that the colours have been hidden all the time and will be software enabled - perhaps soon or for MY23.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
My ‘18 Panamera just had a big software update and the PCM icons and CarPlay functionality seem much improved. It was a pleasant surprise. If they can do it on the Panamera I’m sure they can update accordingly on the Taycans.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My ‘18 Panamera just had a big software update and the PCM icons and CarPlay functionality seem much improved. It was a pleasant surprise. If they can do it on the Panamera I’m sure they can update accordingly on the Taycans.
Was this installed at the dealer? Or OTA?

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are the icons now in colour?

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Are the icons now in colour?
Panamera doesn’t have icons like the Taycan. Colors haven’t changed but the interface looks higher resolution and menus are a bit more streamlined. Honestly I’ve been driving the Taycan 95% of the time so I haven’t played with the updated Panamera UI much.

One thing I just realized is that the Apple CarPlay on the Taycan uses the full screen. Way more useful than the wired CarPlay in ‘18 Panamera which only takes around 2/3 of center screen.
Sponsored