Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
PTS (+€10K) is 5 months of waiting.
PTS Plus (+€13K) takes even 8 months more...
So paying more for more.
That's not how "premium" supposed to work, lol. 🤭
Sponsored

Reactions: DGW

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The issue is Porsche's wording. It's like the Front & Rear heated seats option. The wording implies that without ticking that box you don't get front heated seats when obviously you do, as standard.

Ambient lighting has always been part of the standard spec, looks like this and is white LED only. The only parts that remain lit when driving are the bottom of the door cards.

Std-ambient.jpg

The £330 Ambient Lighting option looks like this and gives you full colour control, light up cupholder rings etc:

Diagram.jpg

Much like other paid-for options higher models such as Turbo & Turbo S may have the paid-for version included as part of the standard specification for that particular model.
My original build sheet for my GTS ST has no mention of ambient lighting but does has "led interior lighting concept" which are the basic interior lighting - footwells, overhead, boot and frunk.

Ambient lighting has always been the disco lights and an extra cost.

Looks like they've rebranded led concept to be ambient lighting and helpfully added another option called ambient lighting which is the original ambient offered since launch.

Confused...we will be!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Any interesting new options now available, or is everything the same, just more expensive?!

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Any of you chaps who scammed the free comfort access have the extra button in the boot lid for ‘close AND lock’ that you get if specced from factory?
Or is it just software you have scammed as if a FOD and you still have the one button like me (just close).
I am thinking of FOD for free 3/12 to see if I keep it for free after 3/12 like Innodrive and ALK.
Nice extra feature, I am not too bothered. But if i get it for free why not!?

9D6341D8-2E32-44D1-9FBB-745D8842B389.jpeg
I just have the one button.

Our favourite Taycan vlogger, MacMaster, did a video on Porsche removing his Comfort Access function when he went in for a software update, negating to tell people he never paid for it in the first place. His whole video was based around Porsche "trying to control us".

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I got Comfort Access even though I didn't spec it. I think this is happening to everybody.
happened to me too following Software upgrade last week - 2 recalls were noted when I had to have the rear caliber Parking brake motor replace (failed when ON!) not ideal....

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Argh, loads more options have gone up in price - my planned GTS spec has gone from £143k yesterday to £147k - Porsche, stop putting the price of things bit by bit! grr :(
Im now £5k more expensive than 3 weeks ago and WITHOUT PCCB included anymore.

OP
OP

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Like @W1NGE I am also a saddo!! Had my Turbo delivered 10 days ago so why am I looking at the configurator? Dunno!

This is how much prices have gone up, my total spec is now a whopping £8900 more, some of the changes below

When I locked (Sept 2022) vs new prices (+/- change)

Base price £119900 vs £125800 (+£5900)

4+1 seats £336 vs £371 (+£35)

Sport Chrono Package with Porsche Design Subsecond Clock £711 vs £783 (+£72)

21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels £2394 vs £2634 (+£240)

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control £3569 vs £3926 (+£357)

Adaptive Cruise Control £1238 vs £1361 (+£123)

Night Vision Assist £1566 vs £1722 (+£156)

Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus £1650 vs £1815 (+£165)

Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone) £581 vs £639 (+£58)

Ambient Lighting £299 vs £329 (+£30)

Did anything stay the same price?....Hell yes!! the preparation for the Dashcam £0 vs £0!!

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
yep. Everything looks to have increased again tonight. Now £8,741 more than when I placed order!😳

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Argh, loads more options have gone up in price - my planned GTS spec has gone from £143k yesterday to £147k - Porsche, stop putting the price of things bit by bit! grr :(
That's a lot and a lot for a GTS. Adding 40%+ in options is perhaps not a wise move if owning this car and resale is a concern.

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I took delivery a month ago of my CT 4S and just put the code in the configurator… it has increased by just over £7000, that’s a huge increase. Last year when I was in the order queue there was 2 increases that totalled an increase of roughly £3000… big difference!

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I know that feeling. I have a Targa 4S on order and the cost of that went up by 10k.... and I'm sure there will be another increase before my car is scheduled mid next year as it will be a 992.2

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Wow, I assume you have full PTS including in that? I thought my £129,500 GTS was at the top end of what it was worth adding to a GTS!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I am curious to know if this will actually translate into better residuals than what we have recently seen for used Taycan's. its not reflected as yet but will be interesting to see if there is any change (upwards as opposed to downwards).

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I am curious to know if this will actually translate into better residuals than what we have recently seen for used Taycan's. its not reflected as yet but will be interesting to see if there is any change (upwards as opposed to downwards).
I can't imagine an increase in new car prices is going to have a downward influence as opposed to solidifying residuals.
Sponsored