al092193

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, BMW 335is
Country flag
Not sure if Porsche OEMed the Dashcam from this company. If so, then this Dashcam doesn't go thru the fuse box but connected to the overhead compartment.
Sponsored

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tried to get the OEM Porsche camera in the UK and was told it isn't available.

Last edited:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Yeah I will also talk to my people when they call me to pick up my car (again). Maybe I can get them to throw it in for free as a bandaid for having half a car for half a year. :p

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
My PC had not received any information about a rear camera.

It may be a bug showing options for a rear camera. I assume that Porsche reuse the Audi app, which support front and rear cameras, and only change the GUI. They have just missed to disable the rear camera option, when the App is not connected to any camera. When it is connected to the Porsche Dashcam it will probably only shows the options of that camera.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Can you use this to check up on the car from another place?
The camera has its own wifi. You connect to that wifi with your phone, meaning you have to be nearby :(
However, with a help from a techie, you may find away around it by adding a repeater or gateway connected to the cameras wifi. Never tried it, just in theory:)

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just had this email from my dealer:

”Drive” mode:

»Recording begins automatically when the engine is started. If a vibration event occurs, the 10 seconds before the event and the time after the event are stored separately. The vibration sensor can be disabled for filming on the race track using the "Continuous" setting in the app.

»
“Park“ mode:

»During parking manoeuvres, the Dashcamis in sleep mode but ready for operation. Recording is triggered by the radar sensor or the vibration sensor. The duration and scope of sleep mode vary depending on the vehicle model and equipment.

»
“Event” recordings:

»In the event of a shock to the vehicle in excess of the value set for the G-sensor, separate video files are stored in the "Event" folder on the micro SD card. This enables such events to be found more easily and prevents them being overwritten as quickly. You recognise the start of the event recording by the triple acoustic signal. You can set the sensitivity of the G-sensor in 5 stages.

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Dashcam Available 1619787198754

I believe the part is going to be around £450 plus fitting and vat and I think we still wont see one properly till July time looking at the rest of the email.

As soon as I have a fully fitted price I will let you know

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was wondering how do You connect this camera to the upper mirror? It clearly should have a slot and I haven’t seen the such slot in the mirror

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I was wondering how do You connect this camera to the upper mirror? It clearly should have a slot and I haven’t seen the such slot in the mirror
My understanding is it has to be fitted at the dealer

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
This is what my dealer in the UK emailed me on cost for the Porsche Dashcam:

Unfortunately this can’t be fitted at factory, its something which is fitted at the dealership once your new vehicle arrives.

The cost for the Dashcam is £405.00 & the fitting cost is £390.00 plus VAT so total of £873.00
Sponsored