davidh

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T S
Country flag
this is how the cams on the tesla model 3 work. they use the forward and two side cameras and storage is on a USB disk. I do miss my cameras. I had a black vue on my model S as well.
I wonder if porsche could utilize the parking cams for this.
It maybe that the Taycan cameras are not able to be activated without waking up everything else on the 12V electrical architecture, thus causing a high current drain. I would have hoped that the 800V battery could have kept the 12V charged during the vehicle sleep mode, but from what people are saying, it does not seem that this happens.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It maybe that the Taycan cameras are not able to be activated without waking up everything else on the 12V electrical architecture, thus causing a high current drain. I would have hoped that the 800V battery could have kept the 12V charged during the vehicle sleep mode, but from what people are saying, it does not seem that this happens.
the "800v" battery does not serve the 12v battery, the 12 v battery serves the main battery pack

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Does anyone know when the dash cam will be available on the configurator, and if installation will be included?

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
It does look interesting - just download the iPhone App to see more about it. I considered other webcams but the better ones are typically quite big and am finding visibility and the size of the windscreen are already suboptimal - so if this is small, built for a Porsche, nicely tucked away, that would be great. Keep us informed - I'll also see if my Canadian dealer can order it.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It does look interesting - just download the iPhone App to see more about it. I considered other webcams but the better ones are typically quite big and am finding visibility and the size of the windscreen are already suboptimal - so if this is small, built for a Porsche, nicely tucked away, that would be great. Keep us informed - I'll also see if my Canadian dealer can order it.
It says the app is 4 years old? Is this an app from a product that was only sold in some other markets? That is a bit odd.

Good find.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Does anyone know when the dash cam will be available on the configurator, and if installation will be included?
My dealer ordered the Porsche Dashcam from Germany for me this week The price is around $500 but does not include installation. No clue what they will charge me but its worth it not to void the car's warranty. After market cams could void portions of the warranty per my dealer

Curtis6525

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4s
Country flag
I actually found a good solution for a dash cam and works great with my Taycan 4S 2020, Its the Owl Dashcam. Ive used it now for like 6 months and no problem at all with it causing battery drains or electrical issues. The installation doesn't require any fuse box intrusion or dismantling, It just connects to the OBD port. Its called the Owl Dashcam. Hope this helps :)

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
This might sound ideal, can I ask where the OBD port is on the Taycan?

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I actually found a good solution for a dash cam and works great with my Taycan 4S 2020, Its the Owl Dashcam. Ive used it now for like 6 months and no problem at all with it causing battery drains or electrical issues. The installation doesn't require any fuse box intrusion or dismantling, It just connects to the OBD port. Its called the Owl Dashcam. Hope this helps :)
Will this work in the UK? Currently have blackvue front and rear hardwired but want something ‘safer‘. I can’t see anything about LTE for the UK market

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have two Mobius dash cams that I have had for years. Connected to the 12v in the boot/trunk. Had the car since September and no issues with 12v what so ever. £60 each. The two USBc under the rear seat are permanently live so I moved them from there after a few weeks. They served me well as I wrote a Panamera off in 2019 and the cams proved I was not at fault.

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have two Owl cams that I've used in my other vehicles for about a year. Only complaints are the mount never seems to hold up to the windshield no matter how well I try to clean it and the window. Also had both vehicles need new batteries during my time using the Owl Cam and can only assume it was due to the extra strain the Owl Cam put on the battery. Was also disappointed that they had some issues awhile ago with a buy out and restructuring and I lost my free first year of service. Decided not to buy back into their subscription but might as some point. Other than those issues, it is a great camera and the activity alerts to my phone were awesome along with the location data. It was a great way to track my vehicles around town when others were using them.
Sponsored