New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
What's the latest with the power steering column - is that long gone now?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Does anyone know if it is too late to get out of buying the car ?. I saw my car at the dealers about 10 days ago, was slightly underwhelmed by it tbh and this delay has just made me even more pessimistic. They have 30% of my money already with them
What underwhelmed you?

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What underwhelmed you?
Can’t really put a finger to it , maybe I have been subtly influenced by all the bugs I have read about on the forum. I am also coming from an SUV so if I knew Porsche had plans for SUV EVs, I wouldn’t have ordered this car

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Not wanting to stray too much from the original theme but a general trait on forums is to highlight problems/issues…..as that’s what forums provide: a facility to gleam not only info but also to meet/chat with others in the same predicament.

Be great for us all to have space to vent and to know that your not the only one either enjoying or venting frustration…… hey I threw my teddies out of the pram with just a 4 month delay, (second one) but did a bit of souL searching as well as investigating alternatives. The thing that has stuck in my head is those, (not the few who have been boomeranging back into the dealers), who have stated that despite the prolonged order process………..they are really enjoying their Taycan.

Right ……… enough of the gentle talk, my past 15 yrs military background is telling that this just all 1st World issues, expensive but it’s all really just materialistic ……… got a long weekend here in the UK, sun is out so going to pack my dog, wife and two teenage boys into my ‘frugly’ model X, ‘p’off some boy racers and most importantly enjoy today….tomorrow is another adventure………

….hmm wonder if I should change my forum name to some Buddhist monk 😎

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Not wanting to stray too much from the original theme but a general trait on forums is to highlight problems/issues…..as that’s what forums provide: a facility to gleam not only info but also to meet/chat with others in the same predicament.

Be great for us all to have space to vent and to know that your not the only one either enjoying or venting frustration…… hey I threw my teddies out of the pram with just a 4 month delay, (second one) but did a bit of souL searching as well as investigating alternatives. The thing that has stuck in my head is those, (not the few who have been boomeranging back into the dealers), who have stated that despite the prolonged order process………..they are really enjoying their Taycan.

Right ……… enough of the gentle talk, my past 15 yrs military background is telling that this just all 1st World issues, expensive but it’s all really just materialistic ……… got a long weekend here in the UK, sun is out so going to pack my dog, wife and two teenage boys into my ‘frugly’ model X, ‘p’off some boy racers and most importantly enjoy today….tomorrow is another adventure………

….hmm wonder if I should change my forum name to some Buddhist monk 😎
Well said. Its just amusing to me to see grown men throwing a hissy fit. In the end its' just another material item. I would rather Porsche hold my car and fix whatever is wrong with it then deliver me a car sooner only for it to break a few months down the line. **it happens, it sucks. But no use crying over spilled milk as the old addage goes.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I am definitely no longer underwhelmed 🤓🤓
Dude you have got to be the first person I've seen say they are underwhelmed when they see their car. Maybe it's some kind of self-protection mechanism in your brain guarding your emotions since you can't quite collect just yet. I still get weak in the knees just walking past my car in the garage. I've decided that the Crack is obviously hidden in the meticulous seat stitching and that's why I just keep ending up in that seat even when I have nowhere to go. Maybe once you get in a few good drives in those seats you'll become as smitten and addicted as the rest of us :D.

Alejo1

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This may be the issue with the stop sale:

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 23V176000
RECALL DATE: 2023-03-17
SUMMARY
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2020 Taycan Turbo, 2021 Taycan, Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, 2022 Taycan, Taycan Turbo, Taycan GTS, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, 2020-2022 Taycan 4S and Taycan Turbo S, and 2023 Taycan vehicles. When there is an unbelted passenger, the seat belt warning light and audible chime will not not activate as intended. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag

SUMMARY
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2020 Taycan Turbo, 2021 Taycan, Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, 2022 Taycan, Taycan Turbo, Taycan GTS, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, 2020-2022 Taycan 4S and Taycan Turbo S, and 2023 Taycan vehicles. When there is an unbelted passenger, the seat belt warning light and audible chime will not not activate as intended. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Wouldn't think so, that's a month before my car was built

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

SUMMARY
Alejo1 is correct. I confirmed this with the GM of my Porsche dealership.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag

SUMMARY
This tracks with what other people have said. But it the "recall" launched in march, i wonder how other people were able to take delivery weeks ago and porsche only started holding cars recently.
Sponsored