Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Relax guys.
All MY22 can be updated to a MY23.
GTS are in effect all MY23 anyway.
They have all the MY23 features already.
The list of improvements for MY23 and the recently announced upgrade for 20 21 22 models are already on my 22 GTS.
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Buyers have no leverage whatsoever in this market. Take what they offer or don’t. Porsche doesn’t care, as they’ll just sell it to somebody else.
Exactly correct. If they've assigned a VIN to your build you're locked into that, specific, MY. The only recourse would be to move to a different, unbuilt, allotment. Porsche doesn't care and, in this market, neither does your dealer....

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I agree that Porsche does not care, and in Marin County, the dealer definitely does not care. Looking at TYD, my car is sitting in the port -- it is scheduled to sit there for 5 months! Very frusturating!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Agree with other comments. It seems to be an American thing to obsess about the MY, even where there is basically no difference other than software... Which can be upgraded.

You've got your car coming in a few months. Many of us will be waiting 18 months with shoddy comms from Porsche.

What is the problem? It's not like MY23 have suddenly got 500 mile range and complete chassis redesign.

About the only difference is a VIN number 😂

Chill out.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Keep in mind that when it's trade in / re-sale time, a model year 2022 picked up late in the year gets free miles. If you pick up a car later in the year, it will have significantly fewer miles for that first year. For instance, if you pick up a 2022 in October and were to trade it in early 2024, you'd really only have driven for a little over one year. Compare this to a 2022 picked up in January of 2022. In early 2024, that car would have two full years of miles. Just a perspective to consider.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
The MY thing is slightly annoying, but at the end of the day, cars depreciate mostly by mileage unless there were significant changes in the model year. Particularly if you're selling it 4+ years down the line.

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
My car was produced on 07/04/2022. TYD is now estimating my car to be on the vessel on 11/04/2022.