New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
To be honest technically, anything Porsche has estimated, have been estimates. If you have nothing to guaranteed a date, legally no chance.
I'm curious. Where do you think the legal line is? 6 month delay. 1 year, delay, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? How long do you think a customer is legally on the hook to buy the car which is delayed? If you 2023 Taycan arrives in 2043, are you still obligated to buy it and cannot get your deposit back for two decades?
Sponsored

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
yeah I’ve seen a few that appear to be slightly discounted but then again I don’t know exactly what the specs are, it’s not hard to drop £25-30k in extras and then see a car that’s only upgraded it’s wheels and then looks cheap.

Had a message for the dealership yesterday afternoon to say they have no update and for me to keep checking in periodically, it’s been in Emden now for 70 days, I honestly don’t think it’s getting sorted anytime soon so I’m wondering about compensation or some freebies to sweeten the sour deal.

good luck for getting yours shortly!! Hope it’s everything you hoped for.
This is now pretty much as bad as the battery delays - affecting those unlucky ones whose cars were produced during the issue but not those after. What's worse this time is we don't fully know what the issue is - at least with battery supply issues we could speculate and track the production market.

It's also impressive (right word? not sure) that Porsche have kept the real reason so close to their chest that nobody really knows why there was/is a stop sell
Hi,
Really disappointing that we cannot get hold of our pride and joy... and no way to know how much longer the wait.

Out of interest... what is being shown on your MyPorsche App (or the website). What status / stage does it show the car as?

Thanks..

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Out of interest... what is being shown on your MyPorsche App (or the website). What status / stage does it show the car as?

Thanks..
I'm one of those annoying folk whose car was built in May, delivered start of June so I missed the stop sell. I can only keep saying it's totally worth the wait - I'm the least patient person ever so hated the wait from order to delivery but it literally gets forgotten quickly.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
To be fair, I’ve had nothing but no no no since I started this process, it’s impossible to keep landing heads, a tail must arrive at some point

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
it’s not working at all, it glitched at production and never came back working, same issue as a few have had. I’ve not seen any photos but have had it confirmed that my car was in Emden late April

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
I'm curious. Where do you think the legal line is? 6 month delay. 1 year, delay, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? How long do you think a customer is legally on the hook to buy the car which is delayed? If you 2023 Taycan arrives in 2043, are you still obligated to buy it and cannot get your deposit back for two decades?
I did discuss this with a legal chap at the weekend. Don’t think they will be a legal line in the sand, just an interpretation on what’s reasonable. The reality Is still that you can cancel as they know they can sell, however I think that balance is starting to shift due to poor outputs, poor communication and the general shit Show that is the economy.

vks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is now pretty much as bad as the battery delays - affecting those unlucky ones whose cars were produced during the issue but not those after. What's worse this time is we don't fully know what the issue is - at least with battery supply issues we could speculate and track the production market.

It's also impressive (right word? not sure) that Porsche have kept the real reason so close to their chest that nobody really knows why there was/is a stop sell
I am new to this forum and catching up. My 4S is at the dealer since last week waiting for Germany to release it for sale. Sitting alongside mine are 24 other Taycans at the dealer, none of which has been released.

Reading your comment, I am wondering if the battery issue you referred to is the culprit. Could you point me to where I can learn more? Thanks

EDIT: Car was built early April if that helps place it against the timeline of the aforementioned battery issue.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I am new to this forum and catching up. My 4S is at the dealer since last week waiting for Germany to release it for sale. Sitting alongside mine are 24 other Taycans at the dealer, none of which has been released.

Reading your comment, I am wondering if the battery issue you referred to is the culprit. Could you point me to where I can learn more? Thanks

EDIT: Car was built early April if that helps place it against the timeline of the aforementioned battery issue.
I think the battery reference there is to the 12v battery supply issue last year following a fire at the sole manufacturing plant.

Winterfell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT 4S
Country flag
WOW, you frustration can be felt in the entire universe 😊

Any legal matter depends on your contract and if you want to go to trial you need to wait a reasonable amount of time or attempts. Which is already vague. If your contract or agreement has no fixed date on when one should get the car delivery, when does the delay days start? When it was produced? When the car arrived in Emden or the port of entry? Or how one feel's?

The reasonableness, will generally already be a problem. The wait time is long across all brands and varies from 9-24months depending on the model. The longer wait times I have seen relate to hybrid and EVs, which is an indication for limited availability of Battery packs. Again, what is reasonableness?

Another question came into my mind, when does wait time end and the delay begin? Is the current delivery timeline part of the wait time or is it actually a delay?

I cannot comment on your specific circumstance, I can only judge my situation.

For me, I can cancel my delivery at any time with no cost and get my deposit back. I placed my deposit in April 2022 and my SA said it will take 18-24 months (wait time) until delivery due supply chain issues and market circumstances. The same wait times have been on the main European continent, less of course the shipping across the Ocean, of which the wait time made sense to me. Last year the wait time for an Audi Q4 in Europe was up to 36 months, not too bad for me than. As my CT is on the vessel, I should be realistic in September 2023, which is technically 1 month ahead of the minimum wait time. And I can still deny delivery when I am standing right in front of the CT and get my deposit back.

I been waiting a long time as well and very excited to finally experience the drive. For me, it is still within the wait time window and have no delay. I understand that everyone feels different, I try to look at it realistically as good as possible.

This has been lengthy response, as this was not a yes/no question. My lawyer would answer it very simple “It depends” 🤣

I have added some links with some information about factory orders. One is from Kelly Blue book which describes “How long does it take for delivery?” Section. The other is a rough overview of curren

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/ordering-car-from-factory/

https://caredge.com/guides/factory-order-wait-times-2023

Winterfell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT 4S
Country flag

I did not see any announcement about the battery issue, which does not rule out it exists and missed it.

However, a new battery factory went live in January 2023 from CATL in Dresden Germany which supply Mercedes, BMW etc as well as Porsche. At least the battery “problem” would explain the 50-60 day hold period and why Porsche wants a system read out to understand battery health. From what I have learned, if the air in the production facility was too humid, this could effect the performance of the battery pack, by waiting you ensure this can be ruled out.

it is all speculation though.

Striggs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My 2023 GTS finally arrived in Dallas yesterday but I was subjected to the Stop Sale. I was told it is due to an issue where the high voltage battery has to be tested and potentially replaced. Salesperson said they have not had to replace one yet. Hoping for a speedy outcome. Hard to walk away with the car just sitting there...

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
I also got the waggle foot under bumper to open the boot option without asking for it 😀
I got this as well for free and I love it. I think I'd even pay for it next time around

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW, in the UK it will likely be 2 months from the dealer's estimated delivery date. I have seen this in contracts from 2 separate OPCs, one part of PRG and one independent, so I presume this is standard to prevent it being unenforceable as an unfair contract.

They can estimate delivery once the build slot is confirmed. If they do not proactively provide an estimate, then ask for one... it'll be on their system.

I think an awful lot of UK customers could take advantage of this to wangle some swag or discount now that there are plenty of new Taycans in the channel.
Sponsored