New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
They’re removing the free comfort access option that all these cars shouldn’t have so you need to pay £1200 to activate via FOD.
The tech guy at the dealership said it would only last 3 month. I hope Porsche forgets about it 😅

My youngest loves kicking the car in the balls just to see the trunk open / close. He did it 14 times while at the tyre shop 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Well, spoke to my SA Friday. Didn't mention any issues with the car that is currently going through PDI / is en-route to the dealership. I believe the dealer gets sent a report after PDI so maybe hear more Monday.
Maybe you are one of the lucky ones, mine was in PDI at the port still on Friday and it has the stop sale. Delivery is supposed to be end of this week. My SA was going through a list of cars due in and not all of them had a stop, however it is not entirely clear that all of the cars he was checking are Taycans.

Edit: he found out about the stop at 10am Friday

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Just heard from my SA that recent “stop sale” events often involve the sound system. Doesn’t seem to affect my June delivery GTS.
Really?

My car has the Burmester system. How about others?

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Bose here too. Been sitting in Jacksonville for 11 days now. No reasons why

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
People keep speculating on things that others take as facts and run with them. It’s not a software update that’s delaying delivery, it’s an extended QA hold so Porsche can analyze the data on your cars systems before they release it. They do this all the time as updates are introduced to the line or they detect an anomaly. They have been doing it in all their cars for years. The intent is to PREVENT you having to come back in a month to get an update. They really are pretty anal about delivering a quality product.
I hope this is correct, mine passed PDI and QA on Wednesday, so maybe I will still get the car Saturday…🤞

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was finally hoping to pick up my Taycan GTS (PP52ZW18) this weekend from Wolverhampton Porsche, but I got a call today saying that a new "stop sell" had come in from Porsche, which means they can't release my car for a few weeks or so. Apparently, someone was in the showroom yesterday to pick up theirs and wasn't allowed to drive it away.

Does anyone have details? The salesperson said it's probably a software update and he'll have more details next week.
😩😭

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
An interesting coincidence is they are all GTS variants (I think). Mine has been at Emden for a month and no word. No issue ls logged and but it hasn’t sailed. Mine’s Ice Grey, as are the other 2 on this thread (I think).

Was at my dealership today and it was to collect the wife’s car. Knowing from a conversation 2 days ago it’s still Emden. I mentioned how excited I am and the dealer just say there deadpan. Didn’t say a word, almost like he didn’t hear me.

whatever the reason, hope it’s nothing sinister.
Porsche Taycan New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details? IMG_2697

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just off the phone with the dealer. Car stack at Grimsby awaiting some additional quality check the nature of which is obscure. They expect 2 deliveries over the next 2 weeks. They’ll give me an update next Monday…
Sponsored