kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I do not know if it is one car, I assumed that it is for all 2021 4s
after rereading the message it may just be my car involved, how unique.
but why wouldn't porsche contact me directly?
it looks as if I might get some new tires out of it if there is signs of uneven wear.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
It is one car. You are famous.
February 8, 2022
Jim Moore
Manager of In-Use Vehicle Conformity Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Subject: Suspension May Be Misaligned Dear Jim Moore:
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE Washington, DC 20590
NEF-107SS 22V-052
This letter serves to acknowledge Porsche Cars North America, Inc.'s notification to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of a safety recall which will be conducted pursuant to Federal law for the product(s) listed below. Please review the following information to ensure that it conforms to your records as this information is being made available to the public. If the information does not agree with your records, please contact us immediately to discuss your concerns.
Makes/Models/Model Years:
PORSCHE/TAYCAN/2021
Mfr's Report Date: February 2, 2022 NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V-052
Components:
SUSPENSION TIRES
Potential Number of Units Affected: 1 Problem Description:
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling one 2021 Taycan vehicle. The front and rear suspension may be misaligned.
Consequence:
Suspension misalignment may cause premature or uneven tire wear, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy:
Dealers will inspect the front and rear axles, adjust the alignment as necessary, and replace any prematurely or unevenly worn tires, free of charge. The owner notification letter is expected to be mailed April 1, 2022. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is ANA2.
Notes:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Please be reminded of the following requirements:

You are required to submit a draft owner notification letter to this office no less than five days prior to mailing it to the customers. Also, copies of all notices, bulletins, dealer notifications, and other communications that relate to this recall, including a copy of the final owner notification letter and any subsequent owner follow-up notification letter(s), are required to be submitted to this office no later than 5 days after they are originally sent (if they are sent to more than one manufacturer, distributor, dealer, or purchaser/owner).
Please be reminded that under 49 U.S.C. § 30112(a)(3), it is illegal for a manufacturer, to sell, offer for sale, import, or introduce or deliver into interstate commerce, a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that contains a safety defect once the manufacturer has notified NHTSA about that safety defect. This prohibition does not apply once the motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment has been remedied according to the manufacturer's instructions.
As stated in Part 573.7, submission of the first of eight consecutive quarterly status reports is required within one month after the close of the calendar quarter in which notification to purchasers occurs. Therefore, the first quarterly report will be due on, or before, 30 days after the close of the calendar quarter.
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.'s contact for this recall will be Sarah Shiver who may be reached by email at [email protected]. We look forward to working with you.
Sincerely,
Alex Ansley
Chief, Recall Management Division Office of Defects Investigation Enforcement

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Huh! A one car recall? That seems odd. If it got to a point of a recall wouldn't it seem there is more cars with the same potential?

Last edited:

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
One car recall is possible if the recall management software operates on the PCM operating system.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Actually, I just had the issue late last year with my MY21 4S that when changing to winter tires they noticed uneven wear on the front right tire and recommended a suspension realignment. I had that done before Christmas for an easy €750. Some other things went south with the dealer during this workshop visit, but that’s a completely different story.
I am definitely not an aggressive driver, rather aiming for records in ever lower consumptions. ?
That is why from the get-go this whole thing sounded fishy to me and I really felt ripped off.
And this recall now sounds totally like the issue I had. That’s why I highly doubt that only one single vehicle is supposed to be affected.
I just sent my service advisor an email asking him to inquire if there is a similar recall in Germany and if my vehicle is affected.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Didn't this recall first surface last year (in US) and probably was corrected along with the software updates etc? Perhaps one or two car slipped through the net?

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
update:
the car is in for fixing earlier recalls, I had to wait 8 weeks for a loaner to be available, the service person claims that she called into PCNA the info about this recall and PCNA claims to know nothing about it.
Sounds like typical porsche customer service. the dealership means well but they are stymied by PCNA

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Maybe Jim Moore & Alex Ansley are Nigerian princes of neighboring kingdoms getting together to have a laugh?
Sponsored