New recall? Vehicle Display Malfunction/FMVSS 111

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Wait - the VINs weren't loaded before we were told we could look them up?
That’s my own assumption. I’ve experienced the blank screen issue, yet online lookup and dealer check doesn’t indicate my VIN being affected. I’m merely guessing that they haven’t published the VIN mapping yet. That might not happen until the owner notification date in August. Who knows, perhaps they are still regression testing a future point release of PCM 6 for cars produced earlier than Feb 22.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I expect all taycans till a certain cut off period (somewhere in 2022 I guess) will get it. It has porsche reference ANA6. My car a couple of weeks ago got ANA5 so it would make sense. My car is next week at the Porsche dealer so I will check if they already know something about the ANA6 update
22/02/22

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I did have the flickering screen with the cameras activated a number of times already. So I’m happy that there will be a remedy soon. And if additional improvements come along with it all the better.
I have a MY21 4S BTW.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
My car is next week at the Porsche dealer so I will check if they already know something about the ANA6 update
usually we are much more informed in this forum than dealers are... :)

But chances are quite good that NHTSA is pushing hard enough so PCM update gets widely rolled out to even MY20+21. Complaints in the home country are more or less unheard...

Last edited:

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
I’ve been notified that this effects my car by Porsche, and that until it’s fixed, the car can’t be delivered. When I input the VIN into the tool, it does not say that my VIN is effected. The dealer notification shown says that there are 125 VINs on the list.

I certainly hope it is fixed soon. I was sold and am making payments on a car I can’t have.

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Interesting. The writeup there implies all VINs but mine doesn't show on NHTSA or Porsche's lookup.
Neither does mine, although my PCM version is 3615, which fits one of the versions listed in the recall. My Taycan CT has been at the dealership since June 1, and I told them I am not driving it again until it is fixed. I have had nothing but PCM problems since I got it in late April.

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve been notified that this effects my car by Porsche, and that until it’s fixed, the car can’t be delivered. When I input the VIN into the tool, it does not say that my VIN is effected. The dealer notification shown says that there are 125 VINs on the list.

I certainly hope it is fixed soon. I was sold and am making payments on a car I can’t have.
I received my MY22 Taycan CT April 21, and have nothing but issues with the PCM. I finally took it to the dealership and got a loaner (but of course the loaner is a gas Macan).

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seem like the VIN mapping underlying the Porsche online recall lookup and internal service campaign lookup hasn't been completed yet. Interested to hear if anybody gets a positive match on their VIN for the recall, whether online or via their dealer service department.
I have been experiencing exactly what the recall is for ever since I picked up my MY22 Taycan CT in mid April. My VIN just hit the recall list yesterday, but the dealer doesn’t have the SW yet, nor do they know when they will get it. All my screens blank out, including the dash, climate control and cameras. All I have is a speedometer reading. Very disconcerting.

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag

It's an unfortunate situation to be in for sure. I am in the same boat as you. Making payments for a car sitting at the dealership while I await a fix for the ANA5 recall and now the ANA6.

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
It's an unfortunate situation to be in for sure. I am in the same boat as you. Making payments for a car sitting at the dealership while I await a fix for the ANA5 recall and now the ANA6.
This is my first porsche and haven't dealt with a long term issue (yet), but I know some manufacturers will cover your payment if in the shop for extended time. Does porsche not do this?

The alternative is that you can force them to buy it back ( or at least threaten to) which is a much more costly and difficult process for them.

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
This is my first porsche and haven't dealt with a long term issue (yet), but I know some manufacturers will cover your payment if in the shop for extended time. Does porsche not do this?

The alternative is that you can force them to buy it back ( or at least threaten to) which is a much more costly and difficult process for them.
This is also my first Porsche so I am not sure. I just hope they can get the resolution to these 2 recalls so I can take delivery. I want this car already! haha
Sponsored