First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Try the bundled charger?
I have a garage Juicenet charger and I hardly ever use the Porsche charger that I got with the car BUT one of the reasons I got it was to be able to test / rule in /rule out when any other (non-Porsche) charger gives me a problem. That way the dealer / Porsche can't start pointing fingers elsewhere. BTW, it also comes in handy at hotels w/o chargers or cabins far away from civilization!
Sponsored

Lazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Our new 4S won’t charge from our newly installed home charger. It’s a charge point that is lit up green when the plug is connected to the charger, and blue when we connect to the left charging station. But the car won’t charge. It says “Initializing” on the my Porsche app and On the touch screen it shows the circle spinning like it’s thinking. Then it shows a charging error. On the dash screen it shows a red plug.

Any ideas what it could be?
Be sure you completed installation via ChargePoint app
Our new 4S won’t charge from our newly installed home charger. It’s a charge point that is lit up green when the plug is connected to the charger, and blue when we connect to the left charging station. But the car won’t charge. It says “Initializing” on the my Porsche app and On the touch screen it shows the circle spinning like it’s thinking. Then it shows a charging error. On the dash screen it shows a red plug.

Any ideas what it could be?
Did you complete the installation via ChargePoint app?

OP
OP
RidewithEMC

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We called Charge Point's tech support yesterday and they concluded that it was a faulty unit.. Apparently the chip shortage created some issues for them in the past which are largely resolved, but not completely. They are sending us a new unit, which will hopefully resolve the problem. In the meantime, we're using the very slow bundled charger. They recently installed an Electrify America charger just a few miles from us if we need a quick charge.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
We called Charge Point's tech support yesterday and they concluded that it was a faulty unit.. Apparently the chip shortage created some issues for them in the past which are largely resolved, but not completely. They are sending us a new unit, which will hopefully resolve the problem. In the meantime, we're using the very slow bundled charger. They recently installed an Electrify America charger just a few miles from us if we need a quick charge.
You could hardwire the Porsche charger in the very same place as the faulty ChargePoint and get much faster charging. Note that it might require a breaker swap (super easy for an electrician, they snap in the panel), if the breaker you installed for the chargepoint is more than 60A..
Sponsored