Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
range mode will "stall" at current "max" range speed and you have to really really "override" it - I drive in normal and the pedal response is fantastic…
I think I may have been in 'range' mode....but I was cruising on the freeway and when I put a bit of push into the peddle, it almost seems like a hesitation or flat spot, dunno....

Leave the keys in the car when not using is fine. I have been doing with mine. It just seems to take a bit longer for the car to go to sleep or fully shut down.
Enjoy your new car.
Cool, good to know, thanks!

Is delayed acceleration happening at a certain speed such as the posted speed limit? If so, you may need to explore the deeper settings for Innodrive, range mode, etc. I only experience delayed acceleration with (1) transmission shift in normal or range mode, and (2) in range mode with Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) active when I'm trying to exceed the speed the car thinks will prevent me from reaching the next charging station. Perhaps this also happens in one of the semi-automated drive settings such as Innodrive where the car is trying to keep you bounded by the posted speed limit. I've disabled some of the limits so I can't remember.
I wouldn't quite call it delayed acceleration, it's just a bit of a flat spot where it almost seems like power decreases maybe 3% before the juice comes on. Just got back from driving through the canyon down to Malibu for lunch, the handling is amazing and everything is great....but there are some quirks and odd things that I need to figure out. Once I sit down with the tech advisor at the dealership I'm sure everything will make sense. I still wish the rear trunk could close by using the remote but evidently that only opens it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I think I may have been in 'range' mode....but I was cruising on the freeway and when I put a bit of push into the peddle, it almost seems like a hesitation or flat spot, dunno....

Cool, good to know, thanks!

I wouldn't call it delayed exaggeration, it's just a bit of a flat spot where it almost seems like power decreases maybe 3% before the juice comes on. Just got back from driving through the canyon down to Malibu for lunch, the handling is amazing and everything is great....but there are some quirks and odd things that I need to figure out. Once I sit down with the tech advisor at the dealership I'm sure everything will make sense. I still wish the rear trunk could close by using the remote but evidently that only opens it.
it's range mode - it's very very likely range mode…there is a "pause/stall" in range mode when you reach it's current preferred speed - it requires much pedal over-ride to convince range mode you really want the power...

this will not happen in Normal.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Steve R

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a quick report......after driving the Taycan, I had to take the Jag I-pace to the Home Depot and it felt so much bulkier, bigger and more of a boring sedan. I used to be soooooo darn happy with that car and now, just a couple days into Taycan ownership and I'm spoiled.

Also, while driving through Malibu looking for parking, how come the other Porsche's, like a Carrera 4S or GT2 seems more raw and faster? Aside from the GT3 Turbo we are the top-dog of the line-up, yeah? : )

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Also, while driving through Malibu looking for parking, how come the other Porsche's, like a Carrera 4S or GT2 seems more raw and faster? Aside from the GT3 Turbo we are the top-dog of the line-up, yeah? : )
Faster to park..?

A C4S faster than your Turbo S(?) means the other driver was _really_ keen. I'd think the GT2RS (previous gen, now out of production) is the wildest Porsche out there, but probably not noticeable at street speeds (or even parking). (The GT3 models are naturally aspirated.)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Range mode, yeah.
Just wanted to ask you the same question…that’s why i don’t like Range mode at all.
I’m driving in normal, with lowest chasis and ECO AC most of the time.
Btw: Did you set highest speed for range mode, or you are on default (is it 70 mph in the States?)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Stay in sport mode full time. Much more responsive than normal
Agree, though using sport and sport+ wear the tyres out more quickly it seems, due to the suspension lowering. Then again range has the lowest suspension setting too, so maybe normal is the right thing to do.

Range on my car only seems to make a difference of 5 or 6 miles anyway, so not worth bothering with vs normal imho.

As aside, The having to kick down through the range max speed setting is very disconcerting/slow as well. A bit dangerous if anything.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Agree, though using sport and sport+ wear the tyres out more quickly it seems, due to the suspension lowering. Then again range has the lowest suspension setting too, so maybe normal is the right thing to do.

Range on my car only seems to make a difference of 5 or 6 miles anyway, so not worth bothering with vs normal imho.

As aside, The having to kick down through the range max speed setting is very disconcerting/slow as well. A bit dangerous if anything.
Does it lower on springs if you put it it sport mode?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I would assume it doesn't if you don't have air suspension, but i'm sure someone will give a definitive answer.

* And if you do have air suspension, you cn of course select sport or sport + and change the suspension height while retaining the 'sportiness' of throttle response etc. With S. chrono pack you can like wise set your parameters for suspension etc in the individual mode.

Reactions: B61

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I don't know how it would…springs are mostly static in terms of ride height - but I could be wrong - but I'm 99% sure I'm not.

OP
OP
Steve R

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Range mode, yeah.
Just wanted to ask you the same question…that’s why i don’t like Range mode at all.
I’m driving in normal, with lowest chasis and ECO AC most of the time.
Btw: Did you set highest speed for range mode, or you are on default (is it 70 mph in the States?)
Yeah, I think I was in range mode, I'll see if it happens again. Also, my range mode is set to max out at 80mph.

I was playing around with the height the other day. I can't recall but i think it gives you normal, lower and lowest. I think it's a fair assumption to figure the ride must get more rigid and there's less travel in the suspension at the lower settings?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Hard to say…it depends of the quality of the road, also on size of tyres.
Otoh, with Range mode, chasis is on lowest position as well. Also the lower the car, the more aerodynamics you get…
Sponsored