Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have it and I love it. If you can afford it buy it. For me a no brainer.
Sponsored

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Alright already!!! You talked me into it.
The flashing/highlighting of pedestrians mentioned is not available in the US because adaptive beam headlights have net been approved for use by the NHTSA. (I am hopeful this can be turned on by a software update once the proposed rule is passed.) Still would recommend for all the other reasons mentioned above.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
The flashing/highlighting of pedestrians mentioned is not available in the US because adaptive beam headlights have net been approved for use by the NHTSA. (I am hopeful this can be turned on by a software update once the proposed rule is passed.) Still would recommend for all the other reasons mentioned above.
Interesting, because I have highlighting in my night-vision assist in my Panamera. Also, contrary to what one posted in this thread wrote, I find the infrared camera to be *especially* useful in urban traffic because I'm in an area where there are lots of pedestrians and bicyclists who insist on wearing dark clothing at night, and it's especially useful in the rain at night. Plus, the Panamera's view screen is to the right, behind the steering wheel, whereas the Taycan properly has the view screen front-and-center -- much better. (I don't have a Taycan yet, waiting on the Cross Turismo, but I'll be getting the night-vision camera for sure.)

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting, because I have highlighting in my night-vision assist in my Panamera. Also, contrary to what one posted in this thread wrote, I find the infrared camera to be *especially* useful in urban traffic because I'm in an area where there are lots of pedestrians and bicyclists who insist on wearing dark clothing at night, and it's especially useful in the rain at night. Plus, the Panamera's view screen is to the right, behind the steering wheel, whereas the Taycan properly has the view screen front-and-center -- much better. (I don't have a Taycan yet, waiting on the Cross Turismo, but I'll be getting the night-vision camera for sure.)
Sorry, i used the wrong term. Images of pedestrians are highlighted on the screen in my taycan with a yellow or red box.
But the headlights don’t automatically light up the pedestrian. That part sounds really cool.

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
My NVA was triggered by a branch on the road, about 20 meters away. So cool. I don't know how it was triggered by the branch but it was!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Much to my wife's dismay, I refer to it as the "deer killer"...other people use it to avoid a deer...a true hunter would use it to target a deer more precisely!

As others noted, it is a great feature, especially since it provides that warning without you even thinking that there was an issue up ahead.

FrankMCG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S 2017
Country flag
I’m approaching the cut off for modifying the order for my Taycan 4S and I’m thinking of adding the Night Vision Assist option. At $2450 it’s pricey for sure, but in the opinion of the forum is it a worthy option? Does the technology work? I’ve looked on YouTube for answers, but not much there except for a short clip in a Cayenne. Thanks in advance.
Hi and sorry for the misunderstanding, have you purchased it or not? How it works finally? As a DIY enthusiast, I'm interested in technology. Is it similar to night vision binos(as an example)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi and sorry for the misunderstanding, have you purchased it or not? How it works finally?
Yes, I did purchase it and now that I’ve had my car for a few dark winter months I can say that in hindsight it’s not worth the cost.

The Night Vision assist is of minimal usefulness. The image is extremely grainy and lo-res, the pedestrian alert is fleeting and comes far too late to be of any value. Of all the expensive options I ordered, the Night Vision Assist would be the first thing I’d delete.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The Prius plug-in I have has it as standard, I have had my Prius nearly 4 years and a warning has never been triggered so I haven't chosen to spend money on it in my build.
Mind you I have been waiting 5 months now and they have just removed the matrix headlights from the options I have chosen and I very much did want them so maybe I won't be getting a Taycan after all.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I have it also and I love it. The only thing I don't like is that the warnings are deactivated under certain atmospheric conditions. If you can afford it buy it. For me a no brainer. It might save your $150,000 car!

I tried not to buy the sound option, but they told me they wouldn't sell me the car unless I bought that option. If is sounded like my 991 (and it could have) I would have liked it.

Chuck J

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have it also and I love it. The only thing I don't like is that the warnings are deactivated under certain atmospheric conditions. If you can afford it buy it. For me a no brainer. It might save your $150,000 car!

I tried not to buy the sound option, but they told me they wouldn't sell me the car unless I bought that option. If is sounded like my 991 (and it could have) I would have liked it.

Chuck J
+1.
it works great…no matter of the low “camera” resolution, but it definitely do its job!
i’m seeing so many animals that i have’t seen before, so for me, it’s no brainer.
Sponsored