old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
So my November 2020 4S, heating failed yesterday, left overnight to see if it sorted itself, no luck. Driveable for short distance, but all windows mist up fairly quickly on longer journey.
Rang Porsche assistance this morning and car collected couple hours later from my driveway.
My local Porsche Centre service department called lunchtime, mine was the THIRD Taycan this morning with heating problems. Then came the rub, not able to repair until the END OF FEBRUARY!!!
Apparently there is a recall for heating system, couldn’t give much information.
Assistance quick of the mark saying they would organising hire car. Enterprise called, premium car hire situation dire, inundated with requests from Porsche Assistance. So getting Vauxhall Corsa delivered this evening which will be swapped for a Volvo XC90 next Tuesday. Luckily I‘m retired probably won’t even drive the Corsa, but there if needed.
Apparently one owner turned down a Corsa and ended up with a Vauxhall van, which he preferred. Enterprise cannot get new premium cars due to the ongoing supply problems.
Hope all your heaters keep working , fingers crossed ?

Update - found to be faulty HV heater, spares hopefully arriving beginning next week. Then it will be waiting for a workshop time slot. Fingers crossed not to long before back in my Taycan, a diesel Volvo is not fun ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
So my November 2020 4S, heating failed yesterday, left overnight to see if it sorted itself, no luck. Driveable for short distance, but all windows mist up fairly quickly on longer journey.
Rang Porsche assistance this morning and car collected couple hours later from my driveway.
My local Porsche Centre service department called lunchtime, mine was the THIRD Taycan this morning with heating problems. Then came the rub, not able to repair until the END OF FEBRUARY!!!
Apparently there is a recall for heating system, couldn’t give much information.
Assistance quick of the mark saying they would organising hire car. Enterprise called, premium car hire situation dire, inundated with requests from Porsche Assistance. So getting Vauxhall Corsa delivered this evening which will be swapped for a Volvo XC90 next Tuesday. Luckily I‘m retired probably won’t even drive the Corsa, but there if needed.
Apparently one owner turned down a Corsa and ended up with a Vauxhall van, which he preferred. Enterprise cannot get new premium cars due to the ongoing supply problems.
Sorry to hear that - what a pain.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
That is really poor. Was cold air blowing or no air at all? Hope they can fix it sooner than the end of Feb.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yep, mines also in! Enterprise car BMW 430, so I’ve been a bit more lucky. Unfortunately, my 4S went in for High Voltage red warning fault and the heater fault, plus rear boot red LED fail have also manifested themselves on the journey in. . . . I await in anticipation. God knows how long. . . . .

Starting to wonder if I should cancel the GTS order and go check the EQS?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Bizarre that all these heaters are packing up at the same time.

Mine is ok? but my faulty door handle has been put back about month due to Taycan techs on other more urgent jobs.

I know it's mid winter, but most of us use the heater spring, autumn and winter.

Wonder why they are all failing now even on MY20 cars?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Bizarre that all these heaters are packing up at the same time.

Mine is ok? but my faulty door handle has been put back about month due to Taycan techs on other more urgent jobs.

I know it's mid winter, but most of us use the heater spring, autumn and winter.

Wonder why they are all failing now even on MY20 cars?
If I’m honest I didn’t notice the heater fault. It was Porsche that told me when in for another fault. Makes me wonder if it’s a - when in the workshop - update/recall!

Bill C

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
Took my Turbo to dealer today, they said we’re expecting heater units today but Porsche have recalled them back to Germany to rectify the fault (which was probably still in these units) car could now be there many days, btw 3 identical issues in compund another 2 booked in tomorrow.

mreeves

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Same problem in a March 2021 Taycan RWD. Porsche have now had my car for 2 months. Was informed end of last week heating issue is now fixed ... but they are still trying to get to the bottom of another ongoing issue I have been experiencing. This car is just one problem after another. Owned it 10 months and it has spent 3 months at the Porsche centre!

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Same problem in a March 2021 Taycan RWD. Porsche have now had my car for 2 months. Was informed end of last week heating issue is now fixed ... but they are still trying to get to the bottom of another ongoing issue I have been experiencing. This car is just one problem after another. Owned it 10 months and it has spent 3 months at the Porsche centre!
Sounds very similar to the problems I had

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
If I’m honest I didn’t notice the heater fault. It was Porsche that told me when in for another fault. Makes me wonder if it’s a - when in the workshop - update/recall!
Update: After a week, car returned with H/V unit replaced. High voltage logged faults have also cleared. Porsche saying the faulty H/V unit the root cause of the high voltage faults the car was experiencing. Time will tell? I was told these particular multiple faults have been seen before. . . .

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I found the solution is the following.

On the HVAC Go from max speed max cold to max speed max heat on repeat a few times. This seemed to solve my non blower.

However my pre heating/cooling still seems to be failing

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There is clearly a design or manufacturing problem with some part of the heating system.
How long it takes for a long term fix will depend on whether it is a fundamental design problem with the system, the design of one component or some sort of manufacturing problem.

Whichever it is, and this will not be much comfort, but it is a much bigger problem for Porsche than for owners.
Sponsored