dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
We’ve just started using Intelligent Octopus Go which I must say is brilliant. However, since using it my Porsche App keeps turning off my scheduled heating.

Octopus does set-up its own “Enode” charging schedule in the app but apart from that nothing has changed so I assume it has something to do with it or may be it’s a bug in the app I’ve not encountered before. Anyway, it’s annoying.

First World problems I know, but I’ve become quite accustomed to getting in a warm car especially in these colder months and before anyone says it, I know I could manually pre-heat but remembering to do that at 6am isn’t reliable.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if there is a fix?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Not on IO yet (smart meter install next week!), but I hope there's a way round this. Like you, getting into a warm car early doors is very nice!

GMarcs66

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ,Range Rover,
Country flag
Turn of in octopus app and control your timer from Porsche or your charger , in my case Andersen. Start at 11.30-0530 . Porsche set to charge 85%. Girl at octopus told me as they’re system wants to control everything. No problems since. Hope it works for you.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Turn of in octopus app and control your timer from Porsche or your charger , in my case Andersen. Start at 11.30-0530 . Porsche set to charge 85%. Girl at octopus told me as they’re system wants to control everything. No problems since. Hope it works for you.
I was going to put a post up today asking similar questions.

Had a bit of a faff getting on to the Octopus Intelligent tariff after being on Go for a few weeks but the scheduling on the set up doesn't work.

I've got the charger (Zappi) in dumb mode and tried to use the Porsche settings for the timer between 11pm and 6.30am but the charge just starts as soon as I plug it in despite whether the direct charging is on or off.

I'm gonna need someone more wise than me to sort it all out.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The Enode profile just appeared in my Porsche app. I didn’t have to do anything. I have EO Mini Pro 2 and it just seemed to happen after doing a test charge if I remember correctly. Following GMarcs66 suggestion to turn-off the Enode profile and set-up a normal charging schedule the Enode profile decided to take over again and charged my car to 100% even though I’d set it to 85%. It’s clearly not a perfect system but I guess it will improve in time.
I was going to put a post up today asking similar questions.

Had a bit of a faff getting on to the Octopus Intelligent tariff after being on Go for a few weeks but the scheduling on the set up doesn't work.

I've got the charger (Zappi) in dumb mode and tried to use the Porsche settings for the timer between 11pm and 6.30am but the charge just starts as soon as I plug it in despite whether the direct charging is on or off.

I'm gonna need someone more wise than me to sort it all out.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The Enode profile just appeared in my Porsche app. I didn’t have to do anything. I have EO Mini Pro 2 and it just seemed to happen after doing a test charge if I remember correctly. Following GMarcs66 suggestion to turn-off the Enode profile and set-up a normal charging schedule the Enode profile decided to take over again and charged my car to 100% even though I’d set it to 85%. It’s clearly not a perfect system but I guess it will improve in time.
That's exactly what mine had done.

I've had it set to a max 85% for months and it would always stop at that point before the Octopus tariff changed.

However, in the winter months with the range being down a bit, I'm tempted just to let it go to 100% generally and see what happens come Feb / March with the integration.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
No reason to allow Octopus to control your charging schedule unless you need the extra cheap hours they sometimes provide outside the 23:30 - 05:30 cheap rate window.

I’ve disabled Smart Charging in the Octopus app and just use this profile and timer in the Taycan to charge to 85% every day using cheap energy …

Porsche Taycan Octopus Go and Heating Schedule IMG_1107

Porsche Taycan Octopus Go and Heating Schedule IMG_1108

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'll need to look at their app and see what it's set as. Maybe that's been my issue.

Here's a question too...is it worth having the car pre-conditioned and does that apply to both the battery and the internal conditions of the cabin or the cabin only?

I think, in winter conditions it's using about 5% of the battery to precondition the car.

Do you get that back in the efficiency of the consumption if it's ready to drive at temperature? I'm going (generally) 2 x 15 runs to and from work.

I'm not sure that having the battery up to temp is evident in the difference over that short a journey.

Also, if the battery is charged at 4am, does it contstantly have to charge to keep the temp up between then and leaving at 7am?

I'm trying to make sense of whether the cost to do all that (even on the lower 9p Octopus tarriff) outweighs the benefit you get from it in mileage
Sponsored