Mutz Nutz

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
November 4SCT, had this issue from collection, had no car for 2 weeks and turns out faulty heat pump which porsche Germany had to approve repair with dealer ?‍♂

All ok now,

The issue consisted of no warm/hot air, and pre-heat also greyed out on screen. Obviously the heated seats and steering wheel we used ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
old seadog

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
So my November 2020 4S, heating failed yesterday, left overnight to see if it sorted itself, no luck. Driveable for short distance, but all windows mist up fairly quickly on longer journey.
Rang Porsche assistance this morning and car collected couple hours later from my driveway.
My local Porsche Centre service department called lunchtime, mine was the THIRD Taycan this morning with heating problems. Then came the rub, not able to repair until the END OF FEBRUARY!!!
Apparently there is a recall for heating system, couldn’t give much information.
Assistance quick of the mark saying they would organising hire car. Enterprise called, premium car hire situation dire, inundated with requests from Porsche Assistance. So getting Vauxhall Corsa delivered this evening which will be swapped for a Volvo XC90 next Tuesday. Luckily I‘m retired probably won’t even drive the Corsa, but there if needed.
Apparently one owner turned down a Corsa and ended up with a Vauxhall van, which he preferred. Enterprise cannot get new premium cars due to the ongoing supply problems.
Hope all your heaters keep working , fingers crossed ?
So my November 2020 4S, heating failed yesterday, left overnight to see if it sorted itself, no luck. Driveable for short distance, but all windows mist up fairly quickly on longer journey.
Rang Porsche assistance this morning and car collected couple hours later from my driveway.
My local Porsche Centre service department called lunchtime, mine was the THIRD Taycan this morning with heating problems. Then came the rub, not able to repair until the END OF FEBRUARY!!!
Apparently there is a recall for heating system, couldn’t give much information.
Assistance quick of the mark saying they would organising hire car. Enterprise called, premium car hire situation dire, inundated with requests from Porsche Assistance. So getting Vauxhall Corsa delivered this evening which will be swapped for a Volvo XC90 next Tuesday. Luckily I‘m retired probably won’t even drive the Corsa, but there if needed.
Apparently one owner turned down a Corsa and ended up with a Vauxhall van, which he preferred. Enterprise cannot get new premium cars due to the ongoing supply problems.
So problem diagnosed as faulty HV heater and spares hopefully arriving beginning next week. Then Centre just has to find a time slot for the repair.

Update - found to be faulty HV heater, spares hopefully arriving beginning next week. Then it will be waiting for a workshop time slot. Fingers crossed not to long before back in my Taycan, a diesel Volvo is not fun ?
After call with Centre yesterday afternoon, had call lunchtime today, saying spares arrived late yesterday afternoon, in workshop this morning and all ready to pick up.
So happydays all tucked up now in garage at home ?

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
Mine just went in today for the same issue. My service advisor said they are seeing a lot of them with the high voltage heater failing and just had one in yesterday for the same issue. He actually preordered the part for me when I called earlier this week to report my heat was out to hopefully shorten the waiting window.

bswets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This problem just bit me. October 2020 4S, driving around in 20 degrees with no heat. Looks like I’m calling the shop tomorrow to make arrangements.

Noticed that the Connect app was throwing an error when trying to activate heat remotely as well. No faults noted in the car, just blowing cold air.

Update: I just noticed that if I turn off the heat altogether, the range estimate raises by 10%. I guess I’ve never turned it off in the winter (25k miles on this car already), so while I’m sure that cabin heat has an impact on range, I’m not sure if this indicative of a larger problem (or just normal give the bitter cold in a Michigan right now).

Last edited:

RWDGen

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
March 21 RWD with 12k of faultless miles here and my heater went at the weekend, booked in tomorrow, we'll see what they say.

logic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-tron GT, BMW M4
Country flag
Where is Teslarati now; when there's actually something going on... ??

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So is this a faulty batch of parts, wear, a fault in the design or what?

I find it really interesting that failures are all happening at once on different age / mileage cars.

Why did something similar not happen last winter?? ?

Trussy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I picked up my ex demo Taycan on 20th December 2021, it's been back with Porsche since 6th January 2022, the heater wasn't working and various other warning messages.

Disappointed Porsche GB would allow a car to reach me in that condition.

Might be getting it back tomorrow, hopefully they redeem themselves and I don't freeze in the car!

OP
OP
old seadog

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Quick update after picking up my Taycan last Friday was unable to clear the theft alert in the Porsche Connect app on my iPhone.
PCM would not connect to the Porsche server, called Porsche support this morning and told to delete Connect app and install My Porsche app.
Hey presto after about 10 minutes everything cleared and all functions showing on the My Porsche app.
Question is why after having the HV heater replaced did my car and Porsche connect app not want to work , when all ok before the repair, strange.

RWDGen

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update, hot air temp mixing flap actuator failed, new one in later today and fitted tomorrow am, should have the car back by lunchtime, not the end of the world if it all goes to plan.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Spoke to a friend today, his 8 month old Jaguar I-pace heater has failed, Jaguar told him it's a known issue and he's around number 20 in the queue for a fix and it would take c. 8 weeks. So not just a Taycan problem it seems.....

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Today I discovered we could not get heated air from front passenger vents. Cold air is no problem. I'm in FL and rarely use the heat.

RWDGen

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Further update - Wrong part fitted/arrived, the correct part has to come from Germany and won't be in till Tuesday/Wednesday next week, can't get a courtesy car till next Friday (and that was after a tantrum because it was originally the middle of feb) so I've got the car back with no heating till next Friday, and didn't have the car for 2 days while this was discovered.

Thank goodness I got 3 ferrero rocher and a bottle of fizzy water to compensate.

Joy ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Further update - Wrong part fitted/arrived, the correct part has to come from Germany and won't be in till Tuesday/Wednesday next week, can't get a courtesy car till next Friday (and that was after a tantrum because it was originally the middle of feb) so I've got the car back with no heating till next Friday, and didn't have the car for 2 days while this was discovered.

Thank goodness I got 3 ferrero rocher and a bottle of fizzy water to compensate.

Joy ?
That s&€@ks

On the bright side without heating your water will be fresh and your ferrero’s won’t melt.

Last edited: