j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Lol, I just drove 3,500 miles across the USA. Taycan sightings? One total, on a highway...
The US Taycans are, apparently, all in LA or the San Francisco Bay area. I see them daily on the road, usually surrounded by huge clumps of Tesla 3s and Ys, or sitting at EA chargers next to a Rivian, a Lucid, a Kia/Hyundai, a Polesar, and an D.4. I do not exaggerate. If you lived here, you'd think everyone drove an EV. Once I saw three Taycan and two Lucid at one EA location at the same time. That and I once saw five silver model 3s in a row at a stoplight.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
We have a lot of Taycans here in the New York City area. Lots of Teslas, Taycans, a couple of Rivians, a couple of Lucids, an increasing amount of Ioniq 5s, and even a couple of Mustang Mach Es. It would be hard for me to take even a short drive without seeing at least one of them.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I bet those chargers in South America are from Rivian and Harley Davidson when they filmed Long Way Up with Ewan McGregor. The chase vehicles were 2 Rivian mules (they were actually the only Rivian produced vehicles that were built for the movie and testing) and Ewan rode electric Harley's. Evidently a team was a head of them setting up charging locations.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
:CWL::CWL::CWL:

The US is absolutely huge. The chances of running into one are quite slim unless you live in a rich area that also doesn't have terrible EV infrastructure. But then again, it's not a big SUV either. I'd guess you'll see them about as often as you see 718s or 911s.

Here in Bergen, Norway I see so many of them. Back when we first got it in November '21 we'd get stopped by people wanting to have a look and a chat, some pictures. Nowadays I just get people copping a look or two. :D
I get your argument, however on my trip across the USA I ran into all other kinds of EV's: Rivian, Lucid, Ford, Chevy, Kia, VW, Mercedes, even Teslas. There are significantly more Taycans reportedly sold in the US than Ford F150 Lightenings, yet I ran into a few of those in ~30 charger visits across 3,500 miles, but no Taycans. Maybe they are all in California, which was not on my route.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
where I live there are at least 3 other taycan owners.

I just returned from a week in switzerland and I only spotted one taycan.
I saw too many teslas to count, a few VW id4, a MB EQE and a hyundai.
granted most of my time was in the alps but there weren't many taycans seen there.
Sponsored