qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
Off this evening in the Taycan to do the North Coast 500. Starting off from London. looking forward to the challange :) I have put in my destination stops in the Sat Nav over the next 3 days and am going to follow exactly what it says. Will the computer be right :)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Off this evening in the Taycan to do the North Coast 500. Starting off from London. looking forward to the challange :) I have put in my destination stops in the Sat Nav over the next 3 days and am going to follow exactly what it says. Will the computer be right :)
May the force be with you (and watch the roads - hairy in places and the weather has turned for the worst)!

ChargePlace Scotland should be dotted around most parts but not necessarily on the best route. If not already using, suggest ZapMap to find any and all chargers.

I had a miserable experience with ChargePlace this week across in Helensburgh (West) - many of the units weren't working or needed a kick. The NoHelpDesk were aware of the issues but didn't occur to them to send someone out to fix! Also suffering from a rather poor migration to a new operator (SWACO) who apparently haven't migrated all EVSEs.

Good luck!

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Had to Google to see what the NC500 is. Looks like an amazing journey. Pictures please!

For the other unenlightened like myself:
Porsche Taycan North Coast 500 1631190169039

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Had to Google to see what the NC500 is. Looks like an amazing journey. Pictures please!

For the other unenlightened like myself:
1631190169039.png
You can actually extend it to include the islands....takes a while mind!

OP
OP

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like it could be a real adventure. I do have ZAP MAP, but was going to rely fully on what the Porsche tells me.
I will report back Tuesday

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sounds like it could be a real adventure. I do have ZAP MAP, but was going to rely fully on what the Porsche tells me.
I will report back Tuesday
Unless you use the Google search and disable Porsche preferred then you will likely miss most chargers.

You'll find ionity 350kW in Perth (off A9) plus there are several Porsche ones at the dealership in Perth. Same in Glasgow but that is it.

Osprey is another limited possibility.

Happy hunting!

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
It’s fairly straightforward with overnight charging, although the reliability of the charge point Scotland network 2 years ago made the old Ecotricity network look 1st class. Not ventured back up North since So not sure if it’s got better or worse.

OP
OP

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for advice, I had switched on Porsche Preferred. I think I will disable that.
Part of the fun of this journey is to see how relaxing it will be !!! Currently, I dont have a plan B.
Setting off soon. First stop is York .