Octopus Energy £100 New Customer Credit.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
here is my referral if someone wants to sign up :)

https://share.octopus.energy/ready-eel-62
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions for folks using Octopus.

1. How long does it actually take to be on the Go tariff as they seem to state you would be on a more costlier tariff initially for at least a few weeks before being ‘invited’ to move to the Go tariff with lower evening rates.

2. Apart from charging at night the tariff is higher during the day. So is the net-net gain still worth it if charging the car only once per week?

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi all,

1. How long does it actually take to be on the Go tariff as they seem to state you would be on a more costlier tariff initially for at least a few weeks before being ‘invited’ to move to the Go tariff with lower evening rates.

2. Apart from charging at night the tariff is higher during the day. So is the net-net gain still worth it if charging the car only once per week?
1. You only have to be on a normal tariff until you have a smart meter fitted if you haven't got one already. You can chase them up by phone to fit one. I did this and they arranged the appointment straight away.
2. The "daytime" tariff on Octopus Go is not made higher to compensate for the cheap 4hr 5p rate. It is competitive if not cheaper than most other companies normal 24hr rates.

https://share.octopus.energy/alive-queen-328

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Hi all,

1. I am on a fixed tariff until the agile is setup. I was informed it would take 2 weeks.
2. The daily non off peak tariff is still lower than other providers.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. I am on a fixed tariff until the agile is setup. I was informed it would take 2 weeks.
2. The daily non off peak tariff is still lower than other providers.
I am obviously on a good flat rate right now but thanks. Will be switching when this runs out...

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
I am obviously on a good flat rate right now but thanks. Will be switching when this runs out...
Yeah, I was at renewal stage and EDF gives you a lot more off peak hours, but their flat rate was more. I opted for agile in the end as it gives you more flexibility as you shift your usage to when the rate drops and if there is too much electricity in the grid you get paid for usage. However, this is only good if you can set things on timers and have items controlled from your phone via wifi (home automation) etc.

girish

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche macan; Taycan 4S
Country flag
1. You only have to be on a normal tariff until you have a smart meter fitted if you haven't got one already. You can chase them up by phone to fit one. I did this and they arranged the appointment straight away.
2. The "daytime" tariff on Octopus Go is not made higher to compensate for the cheap 4hr 5p rate. It is competitive if not cheaper than most other companies normal 24hr rates.

https://share.octopus.energy/alive-queen-328
I have used this link to switch to Octopus, should receive your £50 credit!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi all,

I’ve been waiting since February for their smart meter installation and still waiting. . . .

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I’ve been waiting since February for their smart meter installation and still waiting. . . .
In my experience they make an appointment straight away if you call them.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I finally bit the bullet and am in the process of switching to Octopus Go. Not sure if I will stick to this or swap to Agile but will keep folks posted on what works best for us...In the meantime if anyone (UK only I am afraid) wants to join and also get £50 worth of credit, feel free to use my referral link (or of course the others posted):

https://share.octopus.energy/tidy-dodo-67

Last edited:

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Also signed up from your link for Agile.
I have just signed up today using Duc959's code, thanks very much. If anyone wants another referral code, as they seem to be still working... here's mine:

share.octopus.energy/quiet-pony-475

cheers!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I thought it was "spirit of a young horse" and not a quiet pony.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
I joined 5/11/20 with a smart meter already installed and it's still not connected :(
Sponsored