Octopus go tariffs?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
So the exact costs where as follows:
Solar 4.8 KW of panels (11 panels 385watts each) and a 5.2 KW/h battery was £10795. I've ordered an additional battery at £3300 - it was supposed to be installed yesterday but problems on the previous job meant the sparky couldn't get over. Charging two batteries up overnight means I can run the house all day most of the time. The other option is Tesla Powerwall but they have long lead times and pretty pricey..

Just as a heads up on the stats:

Installed Mid October - I charge the battery overnight.
205kw/h generated
70 kw/h exported

In Nov so far
77.4 kw/h generated
2.3 kw/h exported

I wasn't entirely happy with the location of some of the panels but the installer said wait until you have done a summer and then see, I expect based on the sunny days in October that I will be filling up everything and sending power to the grid too..

As I want to keep my house for a good decade I will probably install some air conditioners next year as well to heat and cool the downstairs - need to do some investigation on this and detach from Gas use as much as possible.

I have a Zappi V2 car charger, which is great but it can't work out if energy oil coming from battery storage or solar panels. It has a trickle charge and full charge as well as top up in the app.

Hope this helps.
Hugely helpful, massive thanks for taking the time to reply in detail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Octopus go tariffs? 5FDB0EFF-F0D8-4D46-A146-7B498E36A722

Well, no roll over 2nd year! Notice came about 3 weeks out. Going to be a bit painful ! Still works out about £500 cheaper overall staying with ‘go’ than the 35p for all hours.

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Interesting to see the current offers. Either I am going mad (possible) or you have posted the same screenshot image 3 times

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
So which option are you going for? The Go tariff again?
that’s the plan. Ran the numbers and on current usage was the better option although will be a bit a painful running the heating at 44p a kW! Saved about £500 a year vs 35p for all hours.

I’m going to call them and see if ‘ intelligent’ may be available as this has a slightly cheaper off peak rate at 0.10p but for more hours. Says not available for Taycan although lists Audi e tron gt. Wonder if it would still be compatible ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
that’s the plan. Ran the numbers and on current usage was the better option although will be a bit a painful running the heating at 44p a kW! Saved about £500 a year vs 35p for all hours.

I’m going to call them and see if ‘ intelligent’ may be available as this has a slightly cheaper off peak rate at 0.10p but for more hours. Says not available for Taycan although lists Audi e tron gt. Wonder if it would still be compatible ?
Let us know what they say.
I was wondering too why the Taycan isn't listed.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
5FDB0EFF-F0D8-4D46-A146-7B498E36A722.png

Well, no roll over 2nd year! Notice came about 3 weeks out. Going to be a bit painful ! Still works out about £500 cheaper overall staying with ‘go’ than the 35p for all hours.
Its interesting that your split between off peak / on peak is similar to ours - about 40/60.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think we must have a phantom and 2 or 3 vampires at our house. Usage never seems to go down, whatever we turn off!!
Maybe Colin Robinson, the famous energy vampire featured In What We Do in The Shadows.
Sponsored

Last edited: